Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Jordan would indeed be unstoppable and probably average 45 but he also couldn’t stop a lot of cats in todays game

Probably not, under today's rules. But he could guard most of them. Still one of the best defenders of all time at his position. But this year especially, no one can guard anyone, really. All things being equal, then, prime Jordan would be the most unguardable of all.

That wouldn't even be the matchup. Pip would be on Steph, Jordan on Klay. Except then who guards KD? Hmmmm. LOL
Pip, Jordan and Harper would take turns on Curry, Klay & Durant (2nd three-peat of course). Harper was a very good defender. First 3-peat, I don't know.

Last edited:
People forget that Jordan (like curry) made everyone he played with better. His supporting cast got gassed up because of him. Pip a hall of famer because of him

People forget that Jordan (like curry) made everyone he played with better. His supporting cast got gassed up because of him. Pip a hall of famer because of him

Pip proved the year-plus Jordan was retired that he could thrive on his own. He was a legit MVP candidate in '94. And he's one of the, if not the, best perimeter defenders in history. I was so bummed when Portland gagged that game 7 against the Lakers, because he came THAT close to likely winning a title without MJ, which would have ended the "Scottie wasn't **** without Michael" stuff. Personally, I find that line of thinking ridiculous. Anyway, back to the shoes :lol:

Na pippen wouldn’t have made it to that level had he never played with mike

F1D18D97-A61E-44D7-A164-CF6FB435C6BA.gif

Na pippen wouldn’t have made it to that level had he never played with mike

That's an unprovable agrument :lol:. It's also a bit silly because it's irrelevant, because he did get drafted by the Bulls and did get to that level. Who really cares how? There are plenty of players who you could say the same thing about.

From what I remember Pippen convinced Jordan to join him in the breakfast club after the Pistons handed him a physical beat down in the 1990 playoffs. We know what happened after

From what I remember Pippen convinced Jordan to join him in the breakfast club after the Pistons handed him a physical beat down in the 1990 playoffs. We know what happened after

So it was really Scottie who started the breakfast club that jortman gets credit for??

CCD49D4C-57BB-4132-A69E-6434C0E418DB.gif

I thought Jordan, Harp, and Pippen started that together in the mid 90s.

Yeah I believe the breakfast club was a second threepeat deal. MJ started lifting weights in the offseason after one of those Pistons beatdowns but the club came a few years later.

Not sure when exactly the breakfast club became official but Pippen is the one that had a hardcore workout regiment that he showed the rest of the team and the ones that joined became part of the club

I’m pretty sure it was an nba inside stuff piece

Pippin was drafted by the Sonics and Chicago traded for him.

Sorry, correct. You know what I meant, though, in the context of that post. If you want to get granular about it, Krause engineered that deal from the jump to get him, he was never actually staying in Seattle. Don't test my Bulls knowledge :rofl:

Not sure when exactly the breakfast club became official but Pippen is the one that had a hardcore workout regiment that he showed the rest of the team and the ones that joined became part of the club

I’m pretty sure it was an nba inside stuff piece

Jordan’s workouts were designed by Tim Grover

That's an unprovable agrument :lol:. It's also a bit silly because it's irrelevant, because he did get drafted by the Bulls and did get to that level. Who really cares how? There are plenty of players who you could say the same thing about.

This whole discussion is unprovable lol. It's a bunch of hypotheticals lol. It's not exactly irrelevant, because he trained with, and most importantly, guarded MJ in practice everyday. Any player worth the salt was bound to become greater than their potential.

Back
Top Bottom