Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

A pair I was watching on Mercari went for 302$ yesterday from a trusted seller. I'm kind of kicking myself for not scooping but I already have 2 pairs. That's your best bet though imo. Keep an eye on a bunch of them on a site like that and you'll likely eventually get a pair for 350-400ish. If you are willing to spend that of course.
I bit the bullet and dropped 450. I may be in the market to double at one point though. thanks for the info

50872329321_2fcd3e964a_b.jpg

Second best

Top 1 goes to the infrared 6.
In its original 1991 form, I do not think any shoe beats those. But, these are right there. And the 7 playoffs.

While I HIGHLY disagree with you both, I CAN'T argue with neither of you....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's my top 3 of ALL-TIME, from left to right...

20190221_202736.jpg

But if we're talkin' TRUE OG's...

C__Data_Users_DefApps_Windows Phone_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_air-jordan-vi-b...jpg
f3d26d418ed684ca1577aae36cca39a6d459ee0e.jpg

It's HARD AS ****, to beat these two...
:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

The Black Infrared 6's are MEAN, but the Playoff 7's are STRAIGHT UP DANGEROUS!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

20190221_202736.jpg

C__Data_Users_DefApps_Windows Phone_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_air-jordan-vi-b...jpg

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

The Black Infrared 6's are MEAN, but the Playoff 7's are STRAIGHT UP DANGEROUS!!!!

This post instantly makes me think of Michael Jacksons , dangerous hit. I freaking love that album.

20190221_202736.jpg

Jeez I want playoff 7's so bad. It's been waaaaay too long. I really hope we get them next year. Automatic double up.

‘99 BC 4s best shoe ever. Everything else is competing for second place (including og BC 4s).
I will never understand how a reproduction of an original can be better than. The late great aquamanjay aquamanjay would say the same towards 1994 3, to their originals. I cannot see any version of a retro being better, than its original before it. Im not ever trying to downgrade any retro here. Just a thought. You can improve anything made originally. But they will always stand alone. Any reissue is worthless without inspiration from something before it.

I will never understand how a reproduction of an original can be better than. The late great aquamanjay aquamanjay would say the same towards 1994 3, to their originals. I cannot see any version of a retro being better, than its original before it. Im not ever trying to downgrade any retro here. Just a thought. You can improve anything made originally. But they will always stand alone. Any reissue is worthless without inspiration from something before it.
The first retro corrected the flaws and left pretty much all the good stuff intact. Simple as that.
If you really think about it, this whole idea that the original version has to be the best really makes no sense and literally applies to almost nothing else. Is a computer from the 80s better than a modern one? Almost everything improves over time. There’s zero reason that we wouldn’t be able to improve something as simple as a sneaker that was designed and manufactured in the 80s. With JB, unfortunately, we’ve been conditioned to accept lesser versions over and over again but that really is only because they want it that way. They quite obviously tried to improve things with the original 1,3,4, and 5 retros. At some point during 2000 or so something changed and they made the business decision to veer sharply away from that concept and decided to destroy the designs rather than make slight improvements.

What if I told you that something can be recreated, but recreated better?

While still drawing obvious inspiration.
Def possible. But the recreation does not take place with out its original to take from. So how can it truly be better than?

The first retro corrected the flaws and left pretty much all the good stuff intact. Simple as that.
If you really think about it, this whole idea that the original version has to be the best really makes no sense and literally applies to almost nothing else. Is a computer from the 80s better than a modern one? Almost everything improves over time. There’s zero reason that we wouldn’t be able to improve something as simple as a sneaker that was designed and manufactured in the 80s. With JB, unfortunately, we’ve been conditioned to accept lesser versions over and over again but that really is only because they want it that way. They quite obviously tried to improve things with the original 1,3,4, and 5 retros. At some point during 2000 or so something changed and they made the business decision to veer sharply away from that concept and decided to destroy the designs rather than make slight improvements.
But we are not putting "zoom air" in 4s. If they did, the sneaker world would erupt. Saying they are not true to "OG". My point is nothing can be replicated to be better than its original without updating tech. Therefore taking away from the retro purpose.
Craftmanship really is the only improvement they can make above an original.

But we are not putting "zoom air" in 4s. If they did, the sneaker world would erupt. Saying they are not true to "OG". My point is nothing can be replicated to be better than its original without updating tech. Therefore taking away from the retro purpose.
But the og had jacked up tongues. They were flawed from the manufacturer, not the design. So you’re basically saying we need to include that flaw going forward just because the original factory couldn’t produce the intended design.

And if they could include zoom air without changing the aesthetics most everyone would be on board.

But the og had jacked up tongues. They were flawed from the manufacturer, not the design. So you’re basically saying we need to include that flaw going forward just because the original factory couldn’t produce the intended design.
Not at all. To want OG flaws on new reissues would be crazy. Not ALL original 4s were crazy flawed on the tongue.

Not at all. To want OG flaws on new reissues would be crazy. Not ALL original 4s were crazy flawed on the tongue.
And that’s all I’m saying. Point me to a 99 that DOES have a flawed tongue. They really didn’t change anything else about the shoe. What makes it worse than the og?

I honestly do not believe this. It would take away, from their mind the total original feel knowing it was updated with todays tech. Again, just opinion.
But they’ve already changed the tech. The PU foam is different now. So they can make them harder and more uncomfortable but if they make them more comfortable people will be upset?

Back
Top Bottom