Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

The 3s-4s-5s-6s are not rotting like they used too.

They changed something in the midsole around 2004-2005 or even a little before.

A very small amount of these shoes are crumbling. And when they do it's because of the way they're taken care of and sometimes where they're located.

MOST of the crumbling people are seeing is from shoes made from 1985-2004.

The 3s-4s-5s-6s are not rotting like they used too.

They changed something in the midsole around 2004-2005 or even a little before.

A very small amount of these shoes are crumbling. And when they do it's because of the way they're taken care of and sometimes where they're located.

MOST of the crumbling people are seeing is from shoes made from 1985-2004.
And i keep my collection in a dark temperature controlled room so they should be good for a while too

hi everyone.
thinking about putting my hand deep in the pocket for buying these beauty from resail.
of course for wearing them. not for future resail!
never had aj4 before and if buying one' i want it to be these.
now i know that ajs 1 are saying fresh and durable for years in deadstock. but what's the case for 4's?
tese 4's are 3 years old deadstock now. should they be perfect condition? i mean if i buy them from stockx or goat.
should i be worry about the glue/yellowing and other stuff after 3 years in box?
appreciate your help very much.

hi everyone.
thinking about putting my hand deep in the pocket for buying these beauty from resail.
now i know that ajs 1 are saying fresh and durable for years in deadstock. but what's the case for 4's?
tese 4's are 3 years old deadstock now. should they be perfect condition? i mean if i buy them from stockx or goat.
should i be worry about the glue/yellowing and other stuff after 3 years in box?

Why this post reminds of those spam emails you get from a foreign person who doesnt have a bank account and needs you to deposit an $18m inheritance for them and theyll share it with you. :lol:

Why this post reminds of those spam emails you get from a foreign person who doesnt have a bank account and needs you to deposit an $18m inheritance for them and theyll share it with you. :lol:
lol guarantee its not the case. not gona ask you for money:lol:but im a foreign you got that right :smile:.
just didnt find here in the forums the answer i was looking...thanks again

lol guarantee its not the case. not gona ask you for money:lol:but im a foreign you got that right :smile:.
just didnt find here in the forums the answer i was looking...thanks again
In my opinion they aren’t worth the going prices. Not a good retro, honestly. I could’ve bought them in my local Footlocker on release day and passed when I saw them.

hi everyone.
Although Aj4 cement were mass produced you don’t have to worry much about the glue and etc. shoe isn’t too old so don’t worry about cracking if you plan on wearing it constantly. They tend to crack if they’re stored without wear. Also check local listings before Goat/SX

I just got my pair in from tradeblock the other day. Does the nubuck feel just like it does on the infrared 6's? I was pretty unimpressed.

Not identical, but not much diff. You're not going to be impressed with anything on this version. It's a decent retro that BC4 enthusiasts are happy to have, including some effort to move the wings up a bit, and more true to the OG stitching across the bottom of the wing. Definitely not perfection worth staring at on a shelf like an '18 Concord, etc.; fantastic to wear though in terms of looks and nostalgia.

Crown jewel

3085A629-E351-48B7-A66F-B621C1713EAE.jpeg

8BD3246B-37F1-4C07-B816-2C7FFD67CD95.jpeg

B242B1BF-E344-4106-9B76-AD06BDE7055F.jpeg

My pair is completely cooked but I still love them.
It's so funny to me how different we define "cooked" when we own dozens of pairs of shoes. Those aren't even broken in fully by the standard most of us lived under back in 1989 and well beyond. Hell, there are people who pay customizers to scuff up their wings like that to get the "vintage" look :rofl:

These shoes dont crumble like the releases in the 90s. I think people see what the originals did and think that applies to the recent retros. It dont. AIR J XIII AIR J XIII explains it best. The open cell/Closed cell difference. These are stiff for a reason. The midsoles are meant to last longer. The open cell/original midsoles were very soft and not meant to last. Thats why they crumbled. The newer retro will last longer than the 90s versions. I probably got all that wrong. But it makes sense. He can explain this way better than I can.

Last edited:
what's the point of keeping 17 pairs of aj4s on ice? Should definitely just resell them and get the cash.
invest that cash on something that doesn't take space and then just buy the sneakers that you'd need to
sole swap at some point anyway.

Ya'll know PU crumble right. wow.
Nike will very likely release the Bred 4s again in 5-7 years. Usually every 7-10 or so years. There’s no point in keeping more than a couple of pairs on ice. If you take care of your shoes and don’t wear them that often, a single pair of breds could be in great shape for 7-10 years. I have shoes that are 4 years old that I’ve worn multiple times that still look new. I have shoes that are 7+ years old that I wear to the gym from time to time and they’re still in solid shape.

If someone wants 3 pairs, one to keep on ice, one to wear and one to beat up, that I can rationalize. More than that is excessive.

Back
Top Bottom