Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Bottom shoe has the 99 shape. Top has the recent low shape. Toe rand towards the mid foot is touching the midsole. These are probably gonna be inconsistent like the pl height on 11s and the contrast on the 6s. Jb qc has been pretty awful. Different heights per shoe would Bad a new low. Smh
2055DB87-B87D-4602-A5CD-B9E0FEDE7257.jpeg
That bottom shoe doesn’t look too terrible from that angle. There’s still a lot wrong with it but I guess it could be worse. If they actually come with the offset “AIR” that’s a dealbreaker though. They would have had to go through the effort to actually change the mold of the back tab just to mess it up on purpose.

Bottom doesnt look like 99s really
Each shoe.
Differences:
Heel tab to height
Needs slight higher wings
Toebox obvious
The black piece on the midsole near the toebox looks wider for some reason.
Grey lines
Tongue rollback

The Nike Air on the 2019 prolly right, if centered.

Oh boy, here we go ... this is about to turn into the Infrared 6 thread all over again, with people arguing and stressing out about details based on loads of fake pairs of varying accuracies/inaccuracies. I ain't sweating it. If these are exactly like the WCs, I'll still buy them. I expect them to be better than those, though. No way they purposely changed the heel tab to have offset Nike and Air, for starters, at least in my mind. Looking at Concords and the Infrareds, there is more reason to believe these might get a reasonably decent treatment versus coming out like total garbage. At least that's what I'm telling myself at this point.

Oh boy, here we go ... this is about to turn into the Infrared 6 thread all over again, with people arguing and stressing out about details based on loads of fake pairs of varying accuracies/inaccuracies. I ain't sweating it. If these are exactly like the WCs, I'll still buy them. I expect them to be better than those, though. No way they purposely changed the heel tab to have offset Nike and Air, for starters, at least in my mind. Looking at Concords and the Infrareds, there is more reason to believe these might get a reasonably decent treatment versus coming out like total garbage. At least that's what I'm telling myself at this point.

Yea if the last few major retros are any indication than these could turn out incredible. I guess though people are skeptical cause the 4 is one of the most epic butchered models. Only time will tell.

Oh boy, here we go ... this is about to turn into the Infrared 6 thread all over again, with people arguing and stressing out about details based on loads of fake pairs of varying accuracies/inaccuracies. I ain't sweating it. At least that's what I'm telling myself at this point.

:lol:

Don't get me wrong 2016 white cements were alright, great padding, comfortable and leather was ok. Just the shape and details
Whine, whine whine, :lol:

I must be a 99 snob. Pic was from that thread, 3/7/16. 99 vs 2016 (2016 toebox stuffed, wanted to straighten the box)

PhotoEditor_20190218_200314117.jpg

Yea if the last few major retros are any indication than these could turn out incredible. I guess though people are skeptical cause the 4 is one of the most epic butchered models. Only time will tell.

I'm skeptical as well. It's funny ... for as much as I'm critical of what they have done to the 3s in particular and details on a couple of other models (11s until the Space Jams, for one), I'm not AS bent about the 4s. Which is weird, I guess, because the fire red 4 was the first Jordan I ever had back in the day. And I totally know what they should look like, and for sure the OG shape etc. is way better. For some reason it just doesn't bother me as much. I am generally happy with the '16 WCs. They can be way, way better obviously but I still think they look good wearing them. So I'm in on these without question, as long as they didn't make them worse again. Any improvements over the WCs will be a bonus, and y'all know that goes against my usual stance. I'm too old to wait for another better version however many years from now, so two pairs at least. Definitely hope they actually turn out amazing, though.

Don't get me wrong 2016 white cements were alright, great padding, comfortable and leather was ok. Just the shape and details

I must be a 99 snob. Pic was from that thread, 3/7/16. 99 vs 2016 (2016 toebox stuffed, wanted to straighten the box)

I’ll take the top pair 10/10 times. I hate the 2016 pair. Shape issues aside, the material they used was horrible. The soft synthetic material on the 99 pair was much much better. No creasing and no random tumbles sections.

I’ll take the top pair 10/10 times. I hate the 2016 pair. Shape issues aside, the material they used was horrible. The soft synthetic material on the 99 pair was much much better. No creasing and no random tumbles sections.

And I forgot to mention the 99 tongue were padded more, nicer, and the 2016s were thinner.

Nice orange thin plastic hashtag and the retro card too.

Whoever owns them actually got a good shaped pair of 2016s o_O

It’s weird, most recent 4s are super low, and some pairs aren’t. I seen a legend blue 4 that had the same height as the 99 pair

I refuse to believe this. You're probably like Benjamin Button.

:rofl:
I definitely don't quite look or act my age, but still. I never had a pair of these, OG back in 8th grade or the '99s (was totally out of the loop back then and missed them by a couple of weeks before I caught on and they were gone, and hadn't yet figured out this new thing called eBay then as an option LOL).

I just paid for my 2016 4s to be restored today (I have a whole story about it). I can't wait to see how well they look afterwards.

I don’t think we will ever get that slick toe ox again. The durabuck used now feels way more stiffer than what was used then

As a member of NT since 04, I can appreciate all these retros in the past few years with Nike Air.

I copped 5 pairs of the Black/Cement 3s, 4 pairs of the Infrared 6s last week, and looking forward to get at least 3 pairs of these Black/Cement 4s.

It's crazy that I used to live on NT back in the early 2000s during grammar/highschool.

Now that I have the money, I can cop with ease and really be satisfied.

When I bought the 99s like in 2008, they lasted me a few wears before they started to crack.

I had saved up money to buy those gems, only for them to be too old to actually rock.

White Cement 4s, Bred 4s, 96' Atlantic Penny's, 97' Uptempo's, 97' He Got Games,2000 Olympic 6's, just a few I can remember

Man I spent alot of hard earned money to only get a few wears in, before they started crumbling.

Back
Top Bottom