Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

4B8B5E88-6592-41BD-B8FF-F0AD4349E90E.jpeg

Anyone just buy a size 10 on Goat? :nerd:

Kinda sad to see them go but think I can make the new leather pair work

Yeah I switched sides, the shape on the leather joints out weights the material flip.

And honestly grabbing the reimagined allowed me to sell my DS '19's AND my '18 Black cements. Do I still wish they were nubuck? yes, but I was wrong on my initial take and they are indeed better even with the leather.

Last edited:
These are fine to me. Far better than the ‘18 BC3s

But ended up liking the leather joints more than expected

Got a solid 5 years out of this pair. Just don’t need similar versions of the same thing

These are fine to me. Far better than the ‘18 BC3s

But ended up liking the leather joints more than expected

Got a solid 5 years out of this pair. Just don’t need similar versions of the same thing

Agree with the '18 BC comment. I can understand your take on these 4s. There's really no wrong answer; it's personal taste and/or individual feeling.

Yeah I switched sides, the shape on the leather joints out weights the material flip.

Yes, shape outweighs the material flip. Case closed. The 2019s are horrendous and not worthy of keeping. People who like them don’t care about shape and that’s fine if you just say so. Say it. Say “I don’t care about the shape, it doesn’t matter to me”. Say that instead of trying to bash the material switch. Literally nobody wanted leather we all wanted the nubuck. Nobody is buying because of the leather it’s because of the shape.

Yes, shape outweighs the material flip. Case closed. The 2019s are horrendous and not worthy of keeping. People who like them don’t care about shape and that’s fine if you just say so. Say it. Say “I don’t care about the shape, it doesn’t matter to me”. Say that instead of trying to bash the material switch. Literally nobody wanted leather we all wanted the nubuck. Nobody is buying because of the leather it’s because of the shape.
This statement is very biased and myopic. It doesn't have to be so black and white, it could be both. I bought the 24s because I like the material and the shape. I still like the 19s too {shrug}.

This statement is very biased and myopic. It doesn't have to be so black and white, it could be both. I bought the 24s because I like the material and the shape. I still like the 19s too {shrug}.
You fall under the “I’ll buy whatever” category. And I’m not dissing you. There are 3 categories.

Neither matter, in a few years when JB gets it even closer to the OG majority of you will be on your high horse saying the 19 and 24 were complete trash :sick: lol it never fails

2019> btw

If they drop a spot on 1:1 in the future this 24 pair will still be considered good enough and a decent alternative in my eyes. Can’t say the same for the 19. The shoe is horrible im not coming off of that.

Neither matter, in a few years when JB gets it even closer to the OG majority of you will be on your high horse saying the 19 and 24 were complete trash :sick: lol it never fails

2019> btw

This is entirely what I expect is going to happen (a REAL BC retro in about three years), which is why I am going to rock the living hell out of my pairs with no real craps given about trying to save them for years and years to come. Don't get me wrong, I really like the reimagined pair a lot and I'm not saying I'm going to abuse them, but they're a stopgap measure until we (hopefully) finally get a seriously solid true OG retro for the first time since '99.

AI bot level trollin at this point
Same reason why the white cement 3s are my grail. I was wearing 88 dunk contest WC3 when i met my wife to be back in 2013 and got married 2 years later.

2025 is our 10 year wedding anniversary so i will finally UNDS my reimagined WC3 for the special occasion.

Shoes have special meaning in our hearts whether you believe it or not.

Same reason why the white cement 3s are my grail. I was wearing 88 dunk contest WC3 when i met my wife to be back in 2013 and got married 2 years later.

2025 is our 10 year wedding anniversary so i will finally UNDS my reimagined WC3 for the special occasion.

Shoes have special meaning in our hearts whether you believe it or not.

That last sentence hit the thug love soul.

Back in deciembre 2012, i met the woman who would be my great white buffalo in the breds that released the month before. Approached her at a lounge when she was sitting with three of her homegirls (beeday party), remember the fit included washed blue skinny denims, a grey shirt and a black blazer (yeah, i was highly influenced by Yeezus… and still am).

I infiltrated her crew, was bold as hell, spit pure game and we ended up dating for 5 years.

She treated me extremely well during our stint (was even there for me during my mothers ailing phase and ultimately death) and held me down after when i was on a year plus long sabbatical/personal leave and short story short, felt like the grass would be greener.

A dozen years and dozens of romantic partners/victims later… the grass wasnt just burnt, it turned out to be hell’s gateway.

She even told me at the time that i was never gonna find anyone like her and i shrugged it off. Boy, the price was right on her statement… a million fold.

Damn tragedy. Word to Khadafi.

When i get back to the states in a couple
Weeks and i finally get to open my reimagined 4’s for the first time… im gonna think aboot the one that got away. And wear them as a homage to the greatest woman that ever existed.

Every step that i take, every move that i make (in these, and btw: im putting red laces too as they’ll serve as my poor mans bred lasers), every dream that i wake, every neck that i break…

Ill be missing her.

IMG_0362.gif

That last sentence hit the thug love soul.

Back in deciembre 2012, i met the woman who would be my great white buffalo in the breds that released the month before. Approached her at a lounge when she was sitting with three of her homegirls (beeday party), remember the fit included washed blue skinny denims, a grey shirt and a black blazer (yeah, i was highly influenced by Yeezus… and still am).

I infiltrated her crew, was bold as hell, spit pure game and we ended up dating for 5 years.

She treated me extremely well during our stint (was even there for me during my mothers ailing phase and ultimately death) and held me down after when i was on a year plus long sabbatical/personal leave and short story short, felt like the grass would be greener.

A dozen years and dozens of romantic partners/victims later… the grass wasnt just burnt, it turned out to be hell’s gateway.

She even told me at the time that i was never gonna find anyone like her and i shrugged it off. Boy, the price was right on her statement… a million fold.

Damn tragedy. Word to Khadafi.

When i get back to the states in a couple
Weeks and i finally get to open my reimagined 4’s for the first time… im gonna think aboot the one that got away. And wear them as a homage to the greatest woman that ever existed.

Every step that i take, every move that i make (in these, and btw: im putting red laces too as they’ll serve as my poor mans bred lasers), every dream that i wake, every neck that i break…

Ill be missing her.

IMG_0362.gif

Now there’s a post I didn’t expect to read today :lol:

Also: Red laces? :sick::smh:

Last edited:
This dude is getting his creative writing out but he's tripping putting that much effort.

He should be creating content somewhere and getting paid.

Back
Top Bottom