AIR JORDAN IV FROM THE IV/XIX PACK!!!!!!!PIX

dam should of score em back 99..now i must score these just to complete the collection
eyes.gif
.. but thanks for the piks once againheat23..

hopefully this release will have the same material as the 99 then ill be at least half way happy with the retro

I love how everyone is being psychic saying that EVERYONE that passes will change their minds come release day. What are we puppets? Nope, that's the newerfans of JB.
You lose, cuz I'm still passing.

Originally Posted by 9 deuce gt

Originally Posted by HARMCITY45

I mean really?

Some of ya'll dudes are the most pessimistic people I have ever encountered....Literally no shoe from this brand (or nike for that matter) will make ya'll happy....

so what if there isnt Nike Air on the back...Those 2 words really make the shoe? smh@ those who say it do

Giving an entire breakdown on why the shoe is off and why it's garbage ect.( the list goes on and on...)

My thing is this...I'm not paying $400+ for a 99 model...F*** that I got a kid and bills...The shoe looks fine to me...I'll cop it...

Okay. Thanks.

You won't pay $400 for a quality shoe, but you will pay $400 for garbage? That makes sense.

No, he's saying he won't pay $400 for a shoe that used to be quality but will now fall to pieces if he tries to wear them, but be will pay$300 for 2 pairs of shoes that will last him much longer, one of which is a pretty decent replica of the $400 shoe. Makesense buddy?

Originally Posted by sickickz23

So yeah, I knew that those pics would be the final released product. It's inevitable, word to agent smith, that Nike Air will never be on another Air Jordan ever again. I've learned to accept that. But that doesn't mean I'll like it. Ever

And they are variant inspired like what Hoyle said.

But you guys don't understand, and you bash the rightful haters. I swear, all these youngins bashing the people who hate this shoe(thinking that it's only hate, and not seeing it us justifiable, understanding hate, hate with a reason), only adds more reason and fuel to the fire on why the older people hate on the youngins. And yet you guys wonder why? This is one example. Not understanding the hatred we all have for this shoe only further seperates this "new era" of Jordan collectors from the OG's.

Ok, there's no Nike Air. Fine, it's acceptable. Predictable. Something everybody should get used to whether they like it or not. But why in the holy hell didn't JB make these CDP IV's similar to the 99's or the closest thing to those? Using the 04-06 mold/toebox area and have that netting inspired by varients, tarnish these IV's imo. But for the youngins, it seems justifiable because it's a JB legit pair of Air Jordans. That's like your stamp of approval. Again, no Nike Air, fine. But could we at least have these looking like the 99 IV's in any way shape, or form possible? Nope. Not them. But you'll buy it cuz they are legit pair of Black Cement Air Jordan IV's, regardless on how they look or feel andwhy they designed them to look/feel that way. Can we say sheep?

Let's put it this way: If an authentic Air Jordan was inspired by varient ideas, would that still make it authentic? Well that's what these IV's are.

Plus, all these comments on "I am not forking 400+ on 99 IV's" THE CDP IV'S ARE 310 PLUS TAX!!!!! I think we can throw up cheapness out the window.
laugh.gif
Besides like I said before, you guys think that NDS or VNDS is evil and DS is the only way to go.
laugh.gif

The people who will buy this package mainly for the IV's are:

youngins (duh)

resellers(duh)

people who were too young to buy the 99 IV's and couldn't afford 100+ at the time.

people that wanted the blk cement IV's but for some reason never got themselves a pair, and waited, and waited, and waited until JB re-retroes the blk cement IV' again(which is
laugh.gif
because thanks to the internet, it is not hard to find 99 blk cement IV's.) probably because it's all about buying on the release date to some

people who want to pay retail(good reason, but 400 for 99 IV's isn't that far off either)

people who don't want to pay hefty reseller prices for 99 IV's (see above)

people who just want to buy the latest and newest thing out, (aka hypebeasts)

people wanting to buy so they can look good with their matching fit, newest and latest matching fit, already thinking what matching clothes to buy with these shoes that's not even out yet, and already thinking about the WDYWT thread on about how they'll look, what kind of style to take a pic of themselves, and wondering what type of comments they'll receive( not a knock, but you can do that with DS 99 IV's, why all of a sudden with these IV's? Oh right, cuz it's the newest thing out and it's DS)

people who are buying these so that they can keep their 99 IV's DS

people who are serious IV enthuisists

sheep of JB

people who don't care about Nike Air, and/or the netting, and molding that like these IV's and/or prefer the jumpman

people who do care about Nike Air but are tired of the fight. Gave up.

people who think that the jumpman looks better than Nike Air and thinks it's only a two letter word
laugh.gif

people who are afraid that a DS pair from 99 will crack but will not settle for a NDS-VNDS pair instead
laugh.gif

again, just my .02 cents, and if you want to hate on me, fine. But unlike my posts on the 6 rings garbage, I'll just sit back and watch all of the youngins who quote my posts feeling offended. Remember, you quoted my post for a reason. So what does that make look like?
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by rataranian

what's different about them other than the jumpman instead of the nike air?

solezprogression wrote:

^^ Agreed. The stubby toe makes them look like some DC shoes instead of a basketball shoe.

And to all you whiners and complainer talkin bout "no nike air... no nike air.... wahhhh wahhh wahhh"... get the F over it, jeez. It is now known as JORDAN BRAND. The symbol for JORDAN BRAND is the JUMPMAN. THE JUMPMAN WILL BE ON EVERY JORDAN BRAND SHOE FROM NOW UNTIL INFINITY. If you don't like the jumpman then don't buy jordans and shut your f-ing mouth about it and quit actin like a bunch of 4 year olds who dropped their icecream cone on the ground. The jumpman looks better than a coupla stupid words anyway.

Again, and you wonder why we hate on you young collectors

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Again I'd like to ask the question what is a kid to do if he can't fork the bill for the 99's and these are the closest he's ever gonna get? Should he not buy them cause he's afraid people who want to go back to "the good ol' days" will make fun of him cause of no nike air? The only thing this criticism is doing is making the haters hate more. I'll bet we'd all like to see a 20 something MJ dunking in traffic these days but we all know it's not gonna happen and we've accepted it. gotta do the same thing with the shoes. And we all know that JB doesn't make shoes for people who support fakes, they're trying to do the best they can with what they have. If people weren't interested in these in the first place then we wouldn't have had them looking at these pics in the first place. Let kids who thought they'd never have a chance the get the bred iv's enjoy the anticipation rather. damn

ORLY?
1281286010d86d6987efo5.jpg

spaceball.gif

spaceball.gif
^^ Ummm, actually I'm 27. I've been in the game for a minute. Do your research before you go slinging false accusations $%!@.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I agree with you on the "stop buying" procedures which is why I'm not gonna get this package. But as an analogy, a product is a product regardless of what type of industry it comes from. Does Coca-Cola stop using their cola recipe from generations ago because it's 2008? NO! Have they made some alterations to their labeling and such? Absolutely! But the integrity of the product is still there. You don't hear people maaannn...Coke tastes a helluva lot different than it did 15 years ago.
laugh.gif
The point I'm making is that smart companies may make some alterations along the way but it shouldn't be to the extent that it starts to compromise the integrity of what the company used to stand for which is why you have so many disappointed people with the way these shoes came out. But again...it is JB here.
^^Mmmm... actually you couldn't be more wrong in your analogy. Coke has changed their recipe at least twice since they originally released theproduct. And you will often hear older coke drinkers (from your parents' and grandparents' generations) talk about how it doesn't taste quite thesame as when they were growing up. Look it up.

Originally Posted by solezprogression

Originally Posted by 9 deuce gt

Originally Posted by HARMCITY45

I mean really?

Some of ya'll dudes are the most pessimistic people I have ever encountered....Literally no shoe from this brand (or nike for that matter) will make ya'll happy....

so what if there isnt Nike Air on the back...Those 2 words really make the shoe? smh@ those who say it do

Giving an entire breakdown on why the shoe is off and why it's garbage ect.( the list goes on and on...)

My thing is this...I'm not paying $400+ for a 99 model...F*** that I got a kid and bills...The shoe looks fine to me...I'll cop it...

Okay. Thanks.

You won't pay $400 for a quality shoe, but you will pay $400 for garbage? That makes sense.

No, he's saying he won't pay $400 for a shoe that used to be quality but will now fall to pieces if he tries to wear them, but be will pay $300 for 2 pairs of shoes that will last him much longer, one of which is a pretty decent replica of the $400 shoe. Make sense buddy?

Man, thanks for getting involved here. I never wold have figured this one out if it weren't for you.

But let me slow this down for ya, so maybe you'll get the point...

I don't give a F... if he spends $3000 dollars on shoes. He said that he had bills and kids and couldn't afford $400 for shoes. But it's okay tospend $300 on shoes if he can get 2 pair? Not really making sense, is it?

And people really need to stop talking aobut all '99's falling apart if worn. I mean really. Let's get a clue here. How many pictures do youhave to see in the WDYWT Jordan thread before you get it?

I agree with you on the "stop buying" procedures which is why I'm not gonna get this package. But as an analogy, a product is a product regardless of what type of industry it comes from. Does Coca-Cola stop using their cola recipe from generations ago because it's 2008? NO! Have they made some alterations to their labeling and such? Absolutely! But the integrity of the product is still there. You don't hear people maaannn...Coke tastes a helluva lot different than it did 15 years ago.
laugh.gif
The point I'm making is that smart companies may make some alterations along the way but it shouldn't be to the extent that it starts to compromise the integrity of what the company used to stand for which is why you have so many disappointed people with the way these shoes came out. But again...it is JB here.
^^Mmmm... actually you couldn't be more wrong in your analogy. Coke has changed their recipe at least twice since they originally released the product. And you will often hear older coke drinkers (from your parents' and grandparents' generations) talk about how it doesn't taste quite the same as when they were growing up. Look it up.
Right.......and what did they do in the mid '80's when they tried to bring out the new Coke? They changed it back because people wouldn'tbuy it. Do some research on that!

I apologize if this was stated already since I didn't read all 21 pages,

but if this is a black-based IV, does that mean we are getting white/flintgrey XIXs?

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

I won't even act like I'm not going to buy this pack.

I've been wanting a "legit" pair of this colorway since forever, and I refuse to post up $400+ for a size 11. I'll settle for these and call it a wrap.
that's how i feel too
ohwell.gif

unfortunately, while the '99 pair i'm sure is 10000x better...i'm not copping something for $400+ that has the risk of breaking down the firsttime i rock it...

laugh.gif
^^Mmmm... actually you couldn't be more wrong in your analogy. Coke has changed their recipe at least twice since they originally released the product. And you will often hear older coke drinkers (from your parents' and grandparents' generations) talk about how it doesn't taste quite the same as when they were growing up. Look it up.

yes, but even the 94 retroes and 99-01 retroes were just a bit different from the OGs, so they weren't "quite the same."

When Coca-Cola introduced the "new coke" some time ago, it got a negative response and they went back to the old formula, which we now know asCoca-Cola Classic. Because JB has such large base of ignorant consumers who won't know the difference, and a following of sheep that respond to any releasewith "baahaahaaaaha," and then go line up to buy, they are getting away with their "new formula."

remember this, every run will come to an end, the hype WILL die down, a new trend will snatch JB younger consumers, and... NIKE AIR WILL RETURN.

MARK MY WORDS...

Hey sickkickz22,

You forgot one group of people that will be buying this pack... people like me...

34 year old collectors who have been obsessed with J's since 1985, who still have their OG IV's (beaters) and DS '99 retros, but want to havesomething that looks that looks extremely similar to the afore mentioned OG's and '99 retros so he can finally wear a pair guilt-free.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

I won't even act like I'm not going to buy this pack.

I've been wanting a "legit" pair of this colorway since forever, and I refuse to post up $400+ for a size 11. I'll settle for these and call it a wrap.

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

Hey sickkickz22,

You forgot one group of people that will be buying this pack... people like me...

34 year old collectors who have been obsessed with J's since 1985, who still have their OG IV's (beaters) and DS '99 retros, but want to have something that looks that looks extremely similar to the afore mentioned OG's and '99 retros so he can finally wear a pair guilt-free.

laugh.gif
Extremely similar? Do you need your eyes checked? Are you seeingwhat everyone else is seeing? Are you sure you're 34?
laugh.gif
it'ssickickz23 BTW.
laugh.gif
Well good for you. Apparently you have no shame inrocking a pair that has fake attributes on the shoes along with the quality issues. But hey, do you man. Ima do me.(hate that saying btw). I'm fine with my99's even though they aren't DS. But totally wearable. And I might be just one person, but this person will choose not to put those CD IV's on myfeet. I'd rather wear a worn pair of 99's instead of a DS CD IV's. So do you bro. Keep fighting the good fight. Like that message on the CD boxsays, "never compromise."

Never compromise.
smh.gif
If you can't see the hypocrisy,then you must be a real Jordan enthusist to settle or not compromise with this pair.

And I'm younger, if you're wondering.
pimp.gif

We get it sick, your not buying. Enough already
laugh.gif

Sucks I was never able to get a pair in the past so I'm pretty hyped for these.

Back
Top Bottom