Air Jordan IV - "Laser" 30th Anniversary 705333-105

It's because a lot of people want exclusive and they are willing to pay the extra for it. When they get thru and find out that they aren't the only ones.... The remorse begins to creep in and then the second guessing.

:smh: Kids these days. "What, another person within a one mile radius was able to get these as well? So, you're telling me that these were not limited, and people didn't have to sell their first born son to guarantee a pair? Hell nah! I have to return them. I can't stunt and feel special anymore!"

Last edited:
Wassup with all this buyer's remorse?? It was said many weeks ago that these were $250, not $190...why yall actin brand new?

Or is it since the resell value isn't throughthe roof, yall don't want them anymore?

I swear, the end of this decade's sneaker craze is near and I can't be happier.

Bruh, you hit the nail on the head with that one. As a married adult who wasn't fond of this camping out, raffles at odd times, and/or having to grease some assistant manager's pockets to get shoes that i wanted, this is great! Ever since the Legend Blue 11s, I have pretty much much been able to walk in and out of the shoe store, gotten my shoes and not have to deal with anything remotely crazy. If the Chicago 1s are like this, I wouldn't be mad at all.

Bruh, you hit the nail on the head with that one. As a married adult who wasn't fond of this camping out, raffles at odd times, and/or having to grease some assistant manager's pockets to get shoes that i wanted, this is great! Ever since the Legend Blue 11s, I have pretty much much been able to walk in and out of the shoe store, gotten my shoes and not have to deal with anything remotely crazy. If the Chicago 1s are like this, I wouldn't be mad at all.

I can't wait either, the only issue is we've shown nike what we're willing to pay for lackluster product so it won't be back to what it was unless we start letting more sought after releases sit and hit outlets. Can't wait for that day to be back.

Wassup with all this buyer's remorse?? It was said many weeks ago that these were $250, not $190...why yall actin brand new?

Or is it since the resell value isn't throughthe roof, yall don't want them anymore?

I swear, the end of this decade's sneaker craze is near and I can't be happier.

I can't wait either, the only issue is we've shown nike what we're willing to pay for lackluster product so it won't be back to what it was unless we start letting more sought after releases sit and hit outlets. Can't wait for that day to be back.
I think you guys are approaching it wrong though. Nike is making more money then ever before! All Jordans are selling out. In the sneaker community, we view a sellout as not available after a couple hours or like 2 days, however Nike's sellout time is after a couple weeks. Also another reason shoes sitting is a bad indicator, is because Nike upped their shoe production numbers. In the past a GR could be 200,00-225,000. Now they are producing 280,000-300,000, and selling 250,000-260,000 pairs at a even HIGHER price point. Even with pairs being left over, its only an illusion, and even if they do hit Nike outlets and discounts in stores, the high prices of $190 & $250, when put on sale, could be $160 & 190, which were previous RETAIL prices. Couple that with a new release, EVERY weekend, Nike is on track to make more money than in any year before.

Last edited:
I think you guys are approaching it wrong though. Nike is making more money then ever before! All Jordans are selling out. In the sneaker community, we view a sellout as not available after a couple hours or like 2 days, however Nike's sellout time is after a couple weeks. Also another reason shoes sitting is a bad indicator, is because Nike upped their shoe production numbers. In the past a GR could be 200,00-225,000. Now they are producing 280,000-300,000, and selling 250,000-260,000 pairs at a even HIGHER price point. Even with pairs being left over, its only an illusion, and even if they do hit Nike outlets and discounts in stores, the high prices of $190 & $250, when put on sale, could be $160 & 190, which were previous RETAIL prices. Couple that with a new release, EVERY weekend, Nike is on track to make more money than in any year before.

I completely understand all that, my only point was essentially what you're saying, that they know what they can charge and what will sell out and produce based on that to a certain extent, it's what propagates the thirst cycle.

My point about going back is that this IS a bubble just like anything else the hype will move elsewhere eventually, right now it's at least making progress in that direction for the consumer, regardless of what nike makes, it's getting easier to cop, that's step 1.

"I missed this but it's all good cause I'll just grab next weeks release" is the cycle, and what kills that is just buying what you like. I know nike wouldn't be selling this much at retail if people only purchased what they like, hence all the resale activity.

And since it sells at these price points no attempt would ever be made to bring prices down, but if it didn't sell out prices would come down.

The market dictates the prices, and nike wasn't really playing that game all in before, now they are, they're trying to find that level playing field where everything sells out and there's no meat on the bone for resellers as far as price. That way all sales are direct through them and their partners and ideally everything JB NSW sells out. But without a hype train eventually things would start sitting and hitting discounts

Last edited:
For you guys that purchased via the SNKRS app, what's the general consensus on ease of purchase?

Were you guys able to easily purchase from the app?

-Drew

For you guys that purchased via the SNKRS app, what's the general consensus on ease of purchase?

Were you guys able to easily purchase from the app?

-Drew

It works
Like the search feature that grabs your size when available. Only does that durning the first 10-15 on launch day

I got tracking from NDC too

I completely understand all that, my only point was essentially what you're saying, that they know what they can charge and what will sell out and produce based on that to a certain extent, it's what propagates the thirst cycle.

My point about going back is that this IS a bubble just like anything else the hype will move elsewhere eventually, right now it's at least making progress in that direction for the consumer, regardless of what nike makes, it's getting easier to cop, that's step 1.

"I missed this but it's all good cause I'll just grab next weeks release" is the cycle, and what kills that is just buying what you like. I know nike wouldn't be selling this much at retail if people only purchased what they like, hence all the resale activity.

And since it sells at these price points no attempt would ever be made to bring prices down, but if it didn't sell out prices would come down.

The market dictates the prices, and nike wasn't really playing that game all in before, now they are, they're trying to find that level playing field where everything sells out and there's no meat on the bone for resellers as far as price. That way all sales are direct through them and their partners and ideally everything JB NSW sells out. But without a hype train eventually things would start sitting and hitting discounts
What people ultimately believe is if shoes sit and hit outlets, Jordan will lower prices in the future.....but it will never happen. 

Out of Jordan Brand & the LeBron, Kobe, & KD sig lines, no shoe has ever had a price decrease from one year to the next (except Kobe exit & re-entry with Nike). LeBrons & Kobes price point at one time stayed the same for a few years, however they were followed by a slight increase. KDs have had an increase in price, every year since the KD I release.
[table][tr][td]
Sneaker Price Guide
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Kobe
[/td][td]
LeBron
[/td][td]
KD
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Kobe I – $130
[/td][td]
Nike Air Zoom Generation – $110
[/td][td]
KD I – $88
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Kobe II – $130
[/td][td]
LeBron II – $125
[/td][td]
KD II – $88
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Kobe III – $130
[/td][td]
LeBron III – $125
[/td][td]
KD III – $88
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Kobe IV – $120
[/td][td]
LeBron IV – $125
[/td][td]
KD IV – $95
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Kobe V – $130
[/td][td]
LeBron V – $140
[/td][td]
KD V – $115
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Kobe VI – $130
[/td][td]
LeBron VI – $140
[/td][td]
KD VI – $130
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Kobe VII – $140
[/td][td]
LeBron VII – $160
[/td][td]
KD VII – $150
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Kobe VIII – $160
[/td][td]
LeBron VIII – $170
[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]
Kobe IX – $160
[/td][td]
LeBron IX – $170
[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]
Kobe X – $180
[/td][td]
LeBron X – $180
[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]
LeBron XI – $200
[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]
LeBron XII – $200
[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
And hypothetically, if Jordan Brand DID lower prices one year from $190 to $160, consumers would take advantage of the price change and buy the shoes, which would sell out even quicker than now.... Which would only give Jordan Brand a justification to raise the price BACK to $190 the following year

Last edited:
What people ultimately believe is if shoes sit and hit outlets, Jordan will lower prices in the future.....but it will never happen. 

Out of Jordan Brand & the LeBron, Kobe, & KD sig lines, no shoe has ever had a price decrease from one year to the next (except Kobe exit & re-entry with Nike). LeBrons & Kobes price point at one time stayed the same for a few years, however they were followed by a slight increase. KDs have had an increase in price, every year since the KD I release.

[TABLE]
[TR]
[td]
Sneaker Price Guide
[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[td]
Kobe
[/td]

[td]
LeBron
[/td]

[td]
KD
[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[td]
Kobe I – $130
[/td]

[td]
Nike Air Zoom Generation – $110

[/td]

[td]
KD I – $88
[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[td]
Kobe II – $130
[/td]

[td]
LeBron II – $125

[/td]

[td]
KD II – $88
[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[td]
Kobe III – $130
[/td]

[td]
LeBron III – $125
[/td]

[td]
KD III – $88
[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[td]
Kobe IV – $120
[/td]

[td]
LeBron IV – $125
[/td]

[td]
KD IV – $95
[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[td]
Kobe V – $130
[/td]

[td]
LeBron V – $140
[/td]

[td]
KD V – $115
[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[td]
Kobe VI – $130
[/td]

[td]
LeBron VI – $140
[/td]

[td]
KD VI – $130
[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[td]
Kobe VII – $140
[/td]

[td]
LeBron VII – $160
[/td]

[td]
KD VII – $150
[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[td]
Kobe VIII – $160
[/td]

[td]
LeBron VIII – $170
[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[td]
Kobe IX – $160
[/td]

[td]
LeBron IX – $170
[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[td]
Kobe X – $180
[/td]

[td]
LeBron X – $180
[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[td]

[/td]

[td]
LeBron XI – $200
[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[td]

[/td]

[td]
LeBron XII – $200
[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/TR]
[/TABLE]

And hypothetically, if Jordan Brand DID lower prices one year from $190 to $160, consumers would take advantage of the price change and buy the shoes, which would sell out even quicker than now.... Which would only give Jordan Brand a justification to raise the price BACK to $190 the following year

Nice write up but It still does not change the fact that the market will dictate prices...

It just hasn't happened to drive prices down in the past but my point still stands

Your write up actually highlights this because no significant price increases came until the hype came, now it's up every year instead of every 3-4.

But I also know the only shoe right now that's even in a position to have price cut is the Lebron line and I highly doubt that will happen

Last edited:
Nice write up but It still does not change the fact that the market will dictate prices...

It just hasn't happened to drive prices down in the past but my point still stands

Your write up actually highlights this because no significant price increases came until the hype came, now it's up every year instead of every 3-4
I completely agree with you. Hype does drive up the price, however there are people that believe a sitting shoe will LOWER future prices, whereas history shows they will only keep the price the same. 

Last edited:
I completely agree with you. Hype does drive up the price, however there are people that believe a sitting shoe will LOWER future prices, whereas history shows they will only keep the price the same. 

True it would take years of crappy sales for this to happen, the only line even remotely near that is Lebron but they can just lower production numbers to sit on less stock, he's still their money maker they're just making too many pairs apparently, I think they'd rather scale back to create artificial demand rather than lower the price outright.

Business would dictate that if they can sell less units at a higher markup as long as it does not affect sellthrough they will pick that option. Same profit with less investment

Your write up actually highlights this because no significant price increases came until the hype came, now it's up every year instead of every 3-4

The jordan 2009 - jordan 2010 had a price decrease. Once sales started going up with the 2011, the prices started going up again....

Additionally, prices used to remain the same for years not jump $10-20 a year like we see now.

Last edited:
Good luck with that. All sales final means no returns.
also how can someone just write that on the receipt? would u not think its necessary to know that beforehand, from a billion dollar corporation that offers returns on any unopened/unused product?

i know what it means but its footlocker. Not Man Alive...it means I call corporate and they make them return according to the actual printing on the receipt, if any issues

Why are you returning ?? Didn't like em ?

Back
Top Bottom