Air Jordan IV Military First Look Vol. Kixandthecity

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

selling wc ivs and copping these... leather seems like leather and not plastic...
30t6p3b.gif

wc's are much better you are crazy to do that

Originally Posted by three6mafia

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Originally Posted by SeRveJaYs4JaYs

Hey all I know is I Love! my 06's and I have no idea what the knock on those are quality wise.. I'm coppin these again just because it's my favorite IV colorway. funny thing is I first wore my DS 06's with my girl and thought I was doing it, when she saw me she looked at me like I had on some Lil'B vans. I still to this day don't know what her problem is she hates when I wear them lol oh well..

The knock is that after just a couple wears the blue and white paint starts to crack. The other knock is that the white leather, especially on the toebox is so thin and awful that they auto crease, and not in any good way. I was aware of it and used decreasers and they still creased badly. I haven't seen enough to tell if these problems are addressed or not. Obviously the white cement is done much differently this time around, but the shape (especially how the curves of the silhouette should match from the upper to midsole) looks more off than the WCIV, so I'm not holding out much hope that the leather is thicker or thr the midsole cracking will be addressed.
ya'll must be hitting mosh pits in em or something cause i wore my militarys and mars ALL THE TIME after i got em on their RDs and they were fine till about 2 years ago. They creased but i didnt have cracking for like 2 years.
but a couple times??? thats crazy. what the hell are you all doin?
laugh.gif

Mosh pit? Really? I have dozens of pairs that are 5-10 years old and look brand new after regular wear. These were slightly creased upon purchase and though they sat for awhile, once I did wear them the paint immediately started cracking. I'm 5'11, 170 lbs. it's not me or how I wear my shoes, it's just the awful quality of the 2006 release. Like your pair all you want, but there's a reason their resale value is still under $200, why you see hardly worn pairs going for $110 in the B/S forum with cracking though the soles show no wear. They are incredibly light, have poor padding and the materials are garbage. What's funny is I thought it was pretty well known the militarys were one of, if not THE worst retros ever.

Did Niketown SF already do RSVP's for these? Twitter says "Those who successfully RSVP for the Air Jordan 4 Retro must be at NIKETOWN San Francisco between 10-1pm on 6/9 to purchase."

Originally Posted by three6mafia

The knock is that after just a couple wears the blue and white paint starts to crack. The other knock is that the white leather, especially on the toebox is so thin and awful that they auto crease, and not in any good way. I was aware of it and used decreasers and they still creased badly. I haven't seen enough to tell if these problems are addressed or not. Obviously the white cement is done much differently this time around, but the shape (especially how the curves of the silhouette should match from the upper to midsole) looks more off than the WCIV, so I'm not holding out much hope that the leather is thicker or thr the midsole cracking will be addressed.
ya'll must be hitting mosh pits in em or something cause i wore my militarys and mars ALL THE TIME after i got em on their RDs and they were fine till about 2 years ago. They creased but i didnt have cracking for like 2 years.
but a couple times??? thats crazy. what the hell are you all doin?
laugh.gif

Mosh pit? Really? I have dozens of pairs that are 5-10 years old and look brand new after regular wear. These were slightly creased upon purchase and though they sat for awhile, once I did wear them the paint immediately started cracking. I'm 5'11, 170 lbs. it's not me or how I wear my shoes, it's just the awful quality of the 2006 release. Like your pair all you want, but there's a reason their resale value is still under $200, why you see hardly worn pairs going for $110 in the B/S forum with cracking though the soles show no wear. They are incredibly light, have poor padding and the materials are garbage. What's funny is I thought it was pretty well known the militarys were one of, if not THE worst retros ever.

roll.gif
Mosh pit was said as a joke. Calm down.I'm just saying I wore mine weekly and they were fine cracking wise. In fact, most of my shoes from 06-08 held up after tons of wears.

Originally Posted by acoppola331

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

Is going from a size 9.5 to 9 a noticeable difference?

True size is a 9.5, had a ton of space left in my size 9.5 White Cement's, but I never tried on a size 9 to be sure.

Hopefully the size 9 is just right.
In the same boat as you bro. 9.5 white cements fit alittle big even with sneaker shields in them. got a 9 in the playoff 12s and they fit great with/without sneaker shields. im prob gonna go with a 9 on these  hope that helps
it sounds like you guys are in the same boat as me. i don't have the white cement 4s, but i'm a true 9.5 and had to size down to a 9 in the playoff 12s. i was able to cop the military's early, and tried on the 9 at the spot - too tight. had to go with the 9.5, but they do feel a little big, but the 9 was too tight in the toebox. hope that helps.

Originally Posted by jkim5157

Did Niketown SF already do RSVP's for these? Twitter says "Those who successfully RSVP for the Air Jordan 4 Retro must be at NIKETOWN San Francisco between 10-1pm on 6/9 to purchase."

No they haven't, they usually tweet that just so people know those rules. because nike in AZ just did the same thing earlier and the RSVP is tomorrow.

easy pass... i remember some years ago they sat on the shelf for a couple months... before the hype

Originally Posted by HappYGeL

easy pass... i remember some years ago they sat on the shelf for a couple months... before the hype

So manypeople are saying that, have you read any replies?
These did sit in 2006 and I was one of the people that bought a pair and stillhave mine. But they sat because they were total crap. and broke down extremelyfast but the new release doesn’t got much to do with that because it’s adifferent shoe lol
I have seen them in person and felt em they are made very welland will last a long time
I would say that the they are built as well as the cement 4’s that just cameout and no1 really complained about the quality on those.

Originally Posted by HappYGeL

I had 2 pairs of the 2006 Militaries and sold them about six months later due to the poor quality. The toe box creases on the 2006 IV's were HORRIBLE.  I remember many people complained about their pairs being pre creased.  And if I remember correctly, I actually took a loss to get rid of my pairs (both brand new).  I couldn't imagine wearing them and having them fall apart on me.  I will probably pass on these too.

nah they don't do no more midnight releases they drop em in the mornings now at 8:00 est that goes for  all spots like  fnl,fl,fa 

I don't know what to believe as far as quality goes.

The 2006's were obviously garbage. Mine peeled just from sitting in the box, no joke.

Not to mention when you cleaned them the blue paint came off.

But on these, It would be pretty hard for these to be any worse.

I remember dudes talking about how the 2011 TB III's were so much better and that the mid soles didn't crack. Ehhhh wrong. They cracked just like the previous III's smh.

I will grab these if I can't get my hands on the Yeezy IIs, which I have a decent shot at getting.
Would be a must if it were off white.

These are the bastard child of the IV's but best believe these will be copped as consolation prizes to those that are heartbroken by the Yeezy fiasco.

Originally Posted by PRIME

Saw, held, and even tried these on in person. Was not impressed.

definite pass for me. i love the 4s, but i will pass on this colorway. especially with other blue jordans releasing in the next couple of weeks,

will eastbay be launching these at midnight? or have they been moving jordan releases to 8 am along with nike release?

Anyone else see @finishline tweet a lil bit ago? Sayin they were available now online,go grab them. And yes they all pretty much release at 8 now. Champs,FTL,finish line, ect.

Back
Top Bottom