Air Jordan IV White/Cement 2012 Via Modern Notoriety Update **Nov 2nd 2011** 1st Page VOL ON POINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Born in '84, had almost every colorway of all the sig shoes through my lifetime, sold some, and bought some. 
Now my main focus is completing all the Bulls/whatever MJ wore, #1 through 13, then I'm officially done. 

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

quick question to anyone born 1983 and before....

with these and the concords coming out this year... are any of you thinking of making these your retirement shoe? home mortgages, kids, and life > what jordan brand has turned into

I was born in '84 and can after next year I can semi retire. The thrill is mostly gone and Ive probably had every colorway I've ever wanted at one point or another (and in the case of Concords, will have owned 6 pairs of after this Friday). I want to start focusing on more important things such as strengthening my credit, buying a nice house for myself, and traveling. The loss of interest is why I sold off a majority of my original Jordans...pretty soon, not many of them will not be wearable. Then you have nothing but a piece of leather and rubber that takes up space.
Not to mention that the shoes arent going anywhere. If you're successful and feel the urge to start collecting again, you can spend every once in a while without it damaging you. If I do buy older retros, Im strictly going to buy 1985 and 1994 Jordan 1s and 1995/2001 Black Red XIs.

'82 what it do. Year of the Doggystyle. Eh heh heh heh.

My girl made me realize a lot of things. We're starting to become more serious (6 months dating) and
last weekend at a holiday party, my girl got pretty damn tipsy and said,

"Will you marry me babes? If i propose to you... would you say yes?"

YiKE!

Girl always talmbout kids and stuff.

In my mind, i'm thinking, "Damn those Cement IV's would look good with that italian broadcloth cardigan."

I ain't growed yet.

: P But it looks like my shoe retire-ship is just peaking on the horizon there. Since i don't get into kobe's and
lebron's like that and by 2014... all the jordan heat that i've ever wanted to will be release by then (tentatively)

I should be done before the center of this decade.

Originally Posted by mrkane

Originally Posted by beh235

1980 , yes was just talkin bout this the other day. These 4's are the only shoe i want in 2012. I still want the black and red flu game 12's, with ALL LEATHER though. But
defininently stopping after this shoe. Still want these more than concords 

^ On the fence about the 4's though. I want the playoff 12's and of course the concords. This concord release is increasingly making me want to just stop buying Nike products all together. I dunno, I've always had perspective when it came to shoes though. Born in '81 btw.

wonder what would happen if about 200K people did this for a year. Im down.....what up

^ I'm serious about it too and I work part time for Nike. It's disgusting and frustrating how it all goes down at times.

Originally Posted by beh235

1980 , yes was just talkin bout this the other day. These 4's are the only shoe i want in 2012. I still want the black and red flu game 12's, with ALL LEATHER though. But
defininently stopping after this shoe. Still want these more than concords 

^ On the fence about the 4's though. I want the playoff 12's and of course the concords. This concord release is increasingly making me want to just stop buying Nike products all together. I dunno, I've always had perspective when it came to shoes though. Born in '81 btw.

wonder what would happen if about 200K people did this for a year. Im down.....what up

^ I'm serious about it too and I work part time for Nike. It's disgusting and frustrating how it all goes down at times.

I never know what BinYe is really like lol. But dude your girl is talking reckless like that after only 6 months though.

I never know what BinYe is really like lol. But dude your girl is talking reckless like that after only 6 months though.

Originally Posted by MidwestHalla

Much rather have ogs or 00s.. Ahhhh where is quality these days . The sad thing is prices are going up it seems , and of course quality is stated...

I understand what you mean but take one step in those OG's and your sole is diminished.

I like the new pics but they look different in every pic.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by MidwestHalla

Much rather have ogs or 00s.. Ahhhh where is quality these days . The sad thing is prices are going up it seems , and of course quality is stated...

I understand what you mean but take one step in those OG's and your sole is diminished.

I like the new pics but they look different in every pic.
grin.gif

with these and the concords coming out this year... are any of you thinking of making these your retirement shoe? home mortgages, kids, and life > what jordan brand has turned into

Born in '81...once i get the Chicago X's and the Concords again....Ill be pretty much set with every J ive ever wanted. Ive slowed down buying shoes anyway.

Born in '81...once i get the Chicago X's and the Concords again....Ill be pretty much set with every J ive ever wanted. Ive slowed down buying shoes anyway.

1982...  I think I'll always get the same level of excitement over kicks.  My Mom used to tell me that I'd grow out of it one day.  Hasn't happened yet.  My fiance keeps me level headed though. 

1982...  I think I'll always get the same level of excitement over kicks.  My Mom used to tell me that I'd grow out of it one day.  Hasn't happened yet.  My fiance keeps me level headed though. 

u know how i feel about the current look of the retro 4s....but i'll try to buy the concords. If I can't, no big deal...my 2000s are still wearable and don't even look beat. My retirement shoe might be the chi 10s.....but i'm still waiting for JB to retro the sport blue and maroon 6s....
Born in 1980
pimp.gif

u know how i feel about the current look of the retro 4s....but i'll try to buy the concords. If I can't, no big deal...my 2000s are still wearable and don't even look beat. My retirement shoe might be the chi 10s.....but i'm still waiting for JB to retro the sport blue and maroon 6s....
Born in 1980
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CJ863

grey is still too dark
30t6p3b.gif
Had hope but looks like I'll be passing

At this point you might as well say you were never gonna buy em in the first place. Og cement color or not. IMO the cement on these new pics is spot on for a 2012 retro. What more do you complainers want?
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CJ863

grey is still too dark
30t6p3b.gif
Had hope but looks like I'll be passing

At this point you might as well say you were never gonna buy em in the first place. Og cement color or not. IMO the cement on these new pics is spot on for a 2012 retro. What more do you complainers want?
30t6p3b.gif

Born in 83?!?  How about born in 73!!  Forget about retirement.  I have a wife, I have two kids, I have a career and I still like Jordans(I blame it on the look my mother gave me when, as an impressionable youth, I held a pair of Is up, and sheepishly looked for her approval only to have her say, "64.99?!?!?  Boy have you LOST YOUR MIND?!?!).  In all seriousness, you will never retire.  You will just cut back. I don't buy nearly the amount of shoes I used to buy.  But every now and then, a release will pique your interest and you will be back on the hunt.  A true blue 3, a concord XI..etc.  As far as this 4 goes, I will definitely purchase multiples of it.  It was and is my favorite colorway of my favorite model of Jordan. The concord is a close second.  There will always be something to bring you back.  Now I'm not saying if you have issues with your mortgage, junior needs braces, or momma wants a new whip to go blow your money on Jordans.  I'm just saying if you love Jordans like most of us do, that love doesn't disappear because you have creeky knees and can't dunk anymore. Born in 83...Man, you guys missed the REAL MJ when he was in his heydey. 

Born in 83?!?  How about born in 73!!  Forget about retirement.  I have a wife, I have two kids, I have a career and I still like Jordans(I blame it on the look my mother gave me when, as an impressionable youth, I held a pair of Is up, and sheepishly looked for her approval only to have her say, "64.99?!?!?  Boy have you LOST YOUR MIND?!?!).  In all seriousness, you will never retire.  You will just cut back. I don't buy nearly the amount of shoes I used to buy.  But every now and then, a release will pique your interest and you will be back on the hunt.  A true blue 3, a concord XI..etc.  As far as this 4 goes, I will definitely purchase multiples of it.  It was and is my favorite colorway of my favorite model of Jordan. The concord is a close second.  There will always be something to bring you back.  Now I'm not saying if you have issues with your mortgage, junior needs braces, or momma wants a new whip to go blow your money on Jordans.  I'm just saying if you love Jordans like most of us do, that love doesn't disappear because you have creeky knees and can't dunk anymore. Born in 83...Man, you guys missed the REAL MJ when he was in his heydey. 

Originally Posted by air4life

All true.
Born in 74.

Originally Posted by air4life

All true.
Born in 74.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom