Air Jordan IV White/Cement 2012 Via Modern Notoriety Update **Nov 2nd 2011** 1st Page VOL ON POINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wish it was February 18th already, just want to spend my money since i missed out on the X's
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

wish it was February 18th already, just want to spend my money since i missed out on the X's
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Passed on the Xs, prolly gonna pass on these as well..My next purchase will be the obsidian 12 and then im done with JB, unless the columbia XI just
eek.gif
devil.gif
's me to where i cant stand it. Already have the retro joints on ice so we will see. Although i like the chi towns very much, especially seeing one of the newest pics in that thread of them with some jordan XV red/blk laces, im not a big fan of the instant creasing i keep hearing about and also seen..As for these 4s, idk, they just dnt do it for me. Idk why tho, they just dnt.
ohwell.gif

Passed on the Xs, prolly gonna pass on these as well..My next purchase will be the obsidian 12 and then im done with JB, unless the columbia XI just
eek.gif
devil.gif
's me to where i cant stand it. Already have the retro joints on ice so we will see. Although i like the chi towns very much, especially seeing one of the newest pics in that thread of them with some jordan XV red/blk laces, im not a big fan of the instant creasing i keep hearing about and also seen..As for these 4s, idk, they just dnt do it for me. Idk why tho, they just dnt.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

You actually think grown men are concerned with other people seeing their shoes and calling them out for inconsistencies that they find unappealing?
Perhaps that is one of your main concerns, because each time I see someone make a beef with a detail that they would have liked to see stay closer to the OG, you pop off with some "You think when you are wearing them on the street someone is going to see your shoes and _________________?"

I don't think this is what @NobleKane or the majority of the other members are referring to, including myself.

That black air unit is unappealing.  Granted it is a minor detail and can easily be overlooked and will most likely not deter many from copping.  I know it will not deter me one bit, as these are Grails to me.

I'm not sure if you misunderstand the connection some have to these shoes or if you generally see collecting as a fashion statement or business, but your comments are glaringly myopic.

Personally, I want to see the kicks resemble the OG's as closely as possible.  I don't care what anyone thinks about what I wear, as I have come to the conclusion as I've grown to be a man, that people could care less what I'm wearing or what I'm doing, and frankly, I prefer to keep it that way.

Freedom in anonymity.
I've been buying Air Jordan's since 1992. The retro versions will never be the same as their originals. Ever. For one integrity reason or another.

All I read in your story was "it will not deter me..yadayadayada.."

You contradicted yourself many times over in your story up there. Who's really the shortsighted one?
laugh.gif

I don't know why you're writing paragraphs just to complain and defend another MAN. Seems a bit odd. With that typed, I'm not interested in a battle of words with you. I'm here to talk and comment on the shoes, thank you and good day to you, sir!
All you read was "it will not deter me..." and you formulated the opinion that I contradicted myself "many times" from that?  
laugh.gif

Bravo my man, bravo.  

And just so you're not any more confused than you already are, I wasn't defending anyone, just pointing to your nagging tendency to call others out incessantly over their opinions.  Over and over and over again...

Anyhow, concessions are to you sir.  You're definitely correct in stating that you don't want to get into "a battle of words", because neither do I.  I have no need to "battle" anyone.

So, please do as you said you would: "talk and comment on the shoes"...and maybe stop sweating other members' opinions so much.  It's unbecoming of a gentleman such as yourself.

Peace.

Roj, you sir are a gentleman and a scholar. i applaud you!
132674302118.gif

Gottbetheshoes: There were no contradictions in Roj's post whatsoever. 

And we get it. You've been collecting since yada yada.....You've said it in almost every single thread you post in. There are a LOT of old timers here man. Including myself. But don't make yourself sound like that old man on the porch in a rocking chair. Its not a good look.

And to the guy that was commenting on why its so easy to get banned.....I wish it were more strict even. Too many idiots slipping through the cracks. Making threads that go like this NT classic:

"Ay bruh who got concorts for sell???!?!??!!??!"

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

You actually think grown men are concerned with other people seeing their shoes and calling them out for inconsistencies that they find unappealing?
Perhaps that is one of your main concerns, because each time I see someone make a beef with a detail that they would have liked to see stay closer to the OG, you pop off with some "You think when you are wearing them on the street someone is going to see your shoes and _________________?"

I don't think this is what @NobleKane or the majority of the other members are referring to, including myself.

That black air unit is unappealing.  Granted it is a minor detail and can easily be overlooked and will most likely not deter many from copping.  I know it will not deter me one bit, as these are Grails to me.

I'm not sure if you misunderstand the connection some have to these shoes or if you generally see collecting as a fashion statement or business, but your comments are glaringly myopic.

Personally, I want to see the kicks resemble the OG's as closely as possible.  I don't care what anyone thinks about what I wear, as I have come to the conclusion as I've grown to be a man, that people could care less what I'm wearing or what I'm doing, and frankly, I prefer to keep it that way.

Freedom in anonymity.
I've been buying Air Jordan's since 1992. The retro versions will never be the same as their originals. Ever. For one integrity reason or another.

All I read in your story was "it will not deter me..yadayadayada.."

You contradicted yourself many times over in your story up there. Who's really the shortsighted one?
laugh.gif

I don't know why you're writing paragraphs just to complain and defend another MAN. Seems a bit odd. With that typed, I'm not interested in a battle of words with you. I'm here to talk and comment on the shoes, thank you and good day to you, sir!
All you read was "it will not deter me..." and you formulated the opinion that I contradicted myself "many times" from that?  
laugh.gif

Bravo my man, bravo.  

And just so you're not any more confused than you already are, I wasn't defending anyone, just pointing to your nagging tendency to call others out incessantly over their opinions.  Over and over and over again...

Anyhow, concessions are to you sir.  You're definitely correct in stating that you don't want to get into "a battle of words", because neither do I.  I have no need to "battle" anyone.

So, please do as you said you would: "talk and comment on the shoes"...and maybe stop sweating other members' opinions so much.  It's unbecoming of a gentleman such as yourself.

Peace.

Roj, you sir are a gentleman and a scholar. i applaud you!
132674302118.gif

Gottbetheshoes: There were no contradictions in Roj's post whatsoever. 

And we get it. You've been collecting since yada yada.....You've said it in almost every single thread you post in. There are a LOT of old timers here man. Including myself. But don't make yourself sound like that old man on the porch in a rocking chair. Its not a good look.

And to the guy that was commenting on why its so easy to get banned.....I wish it were more strict even. Too many idiots slipping through the cracks. Making threads that go like this NT classic:

"Ay bruh who got concorts for sell???!?!??!!??!"

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Originally Posted by spizike231

129140012427855124.jpg
indifferent.gif

This is why I'm passing. I don't mind little differences, ex. red Jumpman on the heel of the new 10's. But why the darker grey on these 4's?
Correct me if I'm wrong but there was a picture posted a few pages back that said the grey on the 2012s is closer to the OG grey then the 1999s were. 

It is closer to the OGs. The thing we were looking at in the pictures wasn't the shade of grey. It was the alignment of the curves on the side. They are so different, they resemble fakes compared to the 99s.

I won't lie tho, still coppin.
laugh.gif
grin.gif

129140012427855124.jpg
indifferent.gif

This is why I'm passing. I don't mind little differences, ex. red Jumpman on the heel of the new 10's. But why the darker grey on these 4's?
Correct me if I'm wrong but there was a picture posted a few pages back that said the grey on the 2012s is closer to the OG grey then the 1999s were. 

It is closer to the OGs. The thing we were looking at in the pictures wasn't the shade of grey. It was the alignment of the curves on the side. They are so different, they resemble fakes compared to the 99s.

laugh.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
yessir, I was too young in 1999 to be copping J's and I'm not trying to spend 300+ on those when I can get these for $160. As long as the paint doesn't crack and the midsoles are really dyed, these are all mine. Hoping they don't use the pleather like they did on the last round of 4s

laugh.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
yessir, I was too young in 1999 to be copping J's and I'm not trying to spend 300+ on those when I can get these for $160. As long as the paint doesn't crack and the midsoles are really dyed, these are all mine. Hoping they don't use the pleather like they did on the last round of 4s

Regardless of color and all that, I'm still copping because I've never had a pair of IV's besides the '06 Military Blues.

Regardless of color and all that, I'm still copping because I've never had a pair of IV's besides the '06 Military Blues.

Do we have confirmation that the midsole is dyed not painted on.
Aside from the one NT members who got their pairs early.
I'm just wondering.

Do we have confirmation that the midsole is dyed not painted on.
Aside from the one NT members who got their pairs early.
I'm just wondering.

Man that picture of the waves and the leather cut..... wow.... horrible. But, will still cop hahaha. I keep watching these videos with people that have early releases and the tip of the toe points up and is very boxy compared to other retros....I think the whole silhouette and shape of the shoe is off for this release... Just saying though.

Man that picture of the waves and the leather cut..... wow.... horrible. But, will still cop hahaha. I keep watching these videos with people that have early releases and the tip of the toe points up and is very boxy compared to other retros....I think the whole silhouette and shape of the shoe is off for this release... Just saying though.

Originally Posted by mrkane

Heard the leather is like the powder blue 9's. Are those any good? Don't have a pair

I have a pair. Some will complain because the leather is stiff & "feels cheap". But the stiff leather actually makes it less vulnerable to creasing

Originally Posted by mrkane

Heard the leather is like the powder blue 9's. Are those any good? Don't have a pair

I have a pair. Some will complain because the leather is stiff & "feels cheap". But the stiff leather actually makes it less vulnerable to creasing

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

I'm in the exact same boat. Although, that's not the only reason im coppin. These are actually real nice to me. They aren't the OGs or the 99s, they're the '12s and I like them. haha
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

I'm in the exact same boat. Although, that's not the only reason im coppin. These are actually real nice to me. They aren't the OGs or the 99s, they're the '12s and I like them. haha
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by shindo03

I think the whole silhouette and shape of the shoe is off for this release... 

welcome to jordan IV's, the shape has been off for about 7 years, going back to the white/forrest green

welcome to jordan IV's, the shape has been off for about 7 years, going back to the white/forrest green

Originally Posted by Zephyr1983

The last good jordan 4 was the cool grey 4s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom