Air Jordan IV White/Cement 2012 Via Modern Notoriety Update **Nov 2nd 2011** 1st Page VOL ON POINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jordan iv 2012 vs varsity red foamposites 2012

Better/New packaging for this sneaker
Iconic and close to ogs, waited more than 20 yrs since og, 12+ yrs since retro...
comes with a hangtag
dyed midsoles
Cost: $174 after tax vs red foams $239 after tax. when i think about it $239 is like that "day after reseller prices" on ebay when the royals foams dropped in 11. except in this case $239 is retail?!

Choice: Unless i get lucky to get both, im going for the jordan ivs for now. they will look really good with my cement print keychain

Iconic and close to ogs, waited more than 20 yrs since og, 12+ yrs since retro...
comes with a hangtag
dyed midsoles
Cost: $174 after tax vs red foams $239 after tax. when i think about it $239 is like that "day after reseller prices" on ebay when the royals foams dropped in 11. except in this case $239 is retail?!

Choice: Unless i get lucky to get both, im going for the jordan ivs for now. they will look really good with my cement print keychain

Midsoles crumbling is the issue of undeadstocking a shoe 10 years after RD or something; if you wear them they should be okay, cracking would be relatively rare.  The paint cracking on the newer pairs is a real PITA; it can start after playing ball in them once (what happened to my FR3s from 07) 2 weeks after RD; time isn't an issue with the newer retros, they'll start chipping as soon as you wear them.

Midsoles crumbling is the issue of undeadstocking a shoe 10 years after RD or something; if you wear them they should be okay, cracking would be relatively rare.  The paint cracking on the newer pairs is a real PITA; it can start after playing ball in them once (what happened to my FR3s from 07) 2 weeks after RD; time isn't an issue with the newer retros, they'll start chipping as soon as you wear them.

full video of the gif posted
5:56
looks better with jeans than shorts

full video of the gif posted
5:56
looks better with jeans than shorts

That was a really good video review. A bit long at the beginning with irrelevant jargon but nonetheless very informative throughout.

Thanks for posting!

That was a really good video review. A bit long at the beginning with irrelevant jargon but nonetheless very informative throughout.

Thanks for posting!

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

comes with a hangtag
dyed midsoles

My option was double up on these or one pair of these and 1 pair of foams...... I figured I have to double up on these ..I been waiting forever for these...

These r 
pimp.gif

Can't wait for RD...

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

comes with a hangtag
dyed midsoles

My option was double up on these or one pair of these and 1 pair of foams...... I figured I have to double up on these ..I been waiting forever for these...

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

If they crack or not has nothing to do with quality.

And since when does someone have to cop a shoe to post in it's thread?

Yes it does,

Chipping paint>Midsole crumbling

I've heard of midsoles from both '99 white and black cement 4s crumbling since 05/06 thats only 6/7 years from the release date.

Show me a example of Mars,military, tour, cool greys midsole completely designate...

Old heads are worse than the new kids, keep bashing these shoes at the end of the day Id rather spend $175(after tax) on these and not be afraid of wearing em than buying a ds pair of 1999 4s.

And for the ones saying "Price is incredibly expensive compared to 99s, how can you justify spending 160 for these??"

Retail in 99 for the 4s was $110 with inflation it's approx. $150 today. (http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm)

it was $100 in '99

the same price as it was in '89

$100 in '99 is not the same as $100 in '89

going by your logic, these should have been $150 in '99 instead

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

If they crack or not has nothing to do with quality.

And since when does someone have to cop a shoe to post in it's thread?

Yes it does,

Chipping paint>Midsole crumbling

I've heard of midsoles from both '99 white and black cement 4s crumbling since 05/06 thats only 6/7 years from the release date.

Show me a example of Mars,military, tour, cool greys midsole completely designate...

Old heads are worse than the new kids, keep bashing these shoes at the end of the day Id rather spend $175(after tax) on these and not be afraid of wearing em than buying a ds pair of 1999 4s.

And for the ones saying "Price is incredibly expensive compared to 99s, how can you justify spending 160 for these??"

Retail in 99 for the 4s was $110 with inflation it's approx. $150 today. (http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm)

it was $100 in '99

the same price as it was in '89

$100 in '99 is not the same as $100 in '89

going by your logic, these should have been $150 in '99 instead

Originally Posted by RhInoSpOrt

Originally Posted by DCmetroArea

Alot of people dont know that keeping shoes with that spongy foam midsole on ice is the worst thing you can do. The midsole dries out from lack of moisture and then when you finally wear them after 8+ years, they crumble. for those who wanna keep pairs on ice, you will prolong the

Originally Posted by RhInoSpOrt

Originally Posted by DCmetroArea

Alot of people dont know that keeping shoes with that spongy foam midsole on ice is the worst thing you can do. The midsole dries out from lack of moisture and then when you finally wear them after 8+ years, they crumble. for those who wanna keep pairs on ice, you will prolong the

How difficult do u think these will be to cop on RD???
Should I pre-order these for a little over retail to secure my pair or NDC at midnight???
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

How difficult do u think these will be to cop on RD???
Should I pre-order these for a little over retail to secure my pair or NDC at midnight???
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

All of my pairs of 99's are still wearable with no cracking, just increasingly cloudy air pockets.  
I'm going to buy two pair of the 2012 re-retros to have once these midsoles finally crumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom