Air Jordan IV White/Cement 2012 Via Modern Notoriety Update **Nov 2nd 2011** 1st Page VOL ON POINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to see this shoe in person some pics look like cement grey others look like tech grey

I can't wait to see this shoe in person some pics look like cement grey others look like tech grey

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

is it still TECH GREY? or is it legit cement grey? I'm guessing tech grey cuz they look dark as hell
oh yeah BIG UPS on the shape though...one of my biggest complaints...glad to see someone in that awful company listens

You are aware that tech grey is much lighter than cement grey, right?

is it still TECH GREY? or is it legit cement grey? I'm guessing tech grey cuz they look dark as hell
oh yeah BIG UPS on the shape though...one of my biggest complaints...glad to see someone in that awful company listens

These and a flight logo track jacket
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Chosen One

Eew, why'd they change the color on the back of the tongue to black though?

Looks so weird.
Bro, I believe the '99 retro's had a black on the back of the tongue as well.

Looks so weird.
Bro, I believe the '99 retro's had a black on the back of the tongue as well.

^
they do..
it's just on the older ones, the front leather/suede of the tongue is rolled into the top stitching
so you can't see what color the back of the tongue is from the front - a cleaner look

ya, but this is what i mean below, they kind of do the stitching in reverse now on top of the tongue

cause since 04, you can see the back tongue color over the front

Looks so weird.

You're more than welcome to buy that fake pair that was posted on the last page if you want white on the back of the tongue.

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

That would be so pointless tho.

I have 2 pairs of '99s at home crumbled. I say sarcastically, "I'm so glad I can't rock these". Such wise words from the qualitybeast.
+1 to all of that. A pair of shoes is frankly no good to me unless I can wear them, especially one that I'd have to pay 400-500+ for. I know the older retros/OGs have better quality, owning several pairs myself, but you gotta draw the line somewhere.

I wouldn't pay MP for a unwearable used pair, but would pay MP for a DS pair (to stock and leave on ice)....if I found a cheap used pair that was wearable, I'd just beat em to death. I don't see what the big deal is with buying certain pairs to collect, but not wear. I've seen many collections of just DS pair after DS pair, it's not that uncommon either, especially with vintage (70-80s) stuff. Yeah I agree with buying unwearable shoes for high prices, unless they are DS. Of course there is a line though, if they have noticeable cracks, peeling, etc then I'll pass, but if I found a PERFECT DS pair of 99s then why not?

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

I have 2 pairs of '99s at home crumbled. I say sarcastically, "I'm so glad I can't rock these". Such wise words from the qualitybeast.
+1 to all of that. A pair of shoes is frankly no good to me unless I can wear them, especially one that I'd have to pay 400-500+ for. I know the older retros/OGs have better quality, owning several pairs myself, but you gotta draw the line somewhere.

I wouldn't pay MP for a unwearable used pair, but would pay MP for a DS pair (to stock and leave on ice)....if I found a cheap used pair that was wearable, I'd just beat em to death. I don't see what the big deal is with buying certain pairs to collect, but not wear. I've seen many collections of just DS pair after DS pair, it's not that uncommon either, especially with vintage (70-80s) stuff. Yeah I agree with buying unwearable shoes for high prices, unless they are DS. Of course there is a line though, if they have noticeable cracks, peeling, etc then I'll pass, but if I found a PERFECT DS pair of 99s then why not?
Even buying them DS is a waste. The older they are, the more fragile they are. And the more you handle them, the more likely they are to crack, peel, etc. For me, it would be a slap a face to have a beautiful shoe and know that I could never wear them. That would be like be buying size 7 shoes knowing damn well I wear a 10-10.5
Anyone else think the 2012s have a higher speckle ratio than the 99s? Especially around the wings and back tab. Its hard to tell for me, but they look like they have slightly more speckles than the 99s but still not nearly enough as the 89s. Also, is it me or do these have a different shape than the DB IVs? It seems the DB IVs have the 2006 shape and these have a newer, more visually appealing shape. 

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Even buying them DS is a waste. The older they are, the more fragile they are. And the more you handle them, the more likely they are to crack, peel, etc. For me, it would be a slap a face to have a beautiful shoe and know that I could never wear them. That would be like be buying size 7 shoes knowing damn well I wear a 10-10.5
Anyone else think the 2012s have a higher speckle ratio than the 99s? Especially around the wings and back tab. Its hard to tell for me, but they look like they have slightly more speckles than the 99s but still not nearly enough as the 89s. Also, is it me or do these have a different shape than the DB IVs? It seems the DB IVs have the 2006 shape and these have a newer, more visually appealing shape. 

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Nope, saw the "early samples" of the "tech grey", they looked darker. Are you saying lighter than the 99's cement grey? Can you get lighter than that?

Nope, saw the "early samples" of the "tech grey", they looked darker. Are you saying lighter than the 99's cement grey? Can you get lighter than that?

Looks so weird.

You're more than welcome to buy that fake pair that was posted on the last page if you want white on the back of the tongue.
Calm yoself down brah.

Mind Blown right now.

Never knew the back of the tongue was always black.

BRB, evaluating if this is real life or not.

Looks so weird.

Calm yoself down brah.

Mind Blown right now.

Never knew the back of the tongue was always black.

BRB, evaluating if this is real life or not.

99s and originals are listed as white/black. It doesn't even say what color the grey was, but I would say that tech grey is probably closer to the 99s than what the cement grey of today looks like. Cement grey has changed a few shades over the years though. This is tech grey btw.
air-max-nm-tech-grey-blue-spark-f5-1-560x345.jpg

99s and originals are listed as white/black. It doesn't even say what color the grey was, but I would say that tech grey is probably closer to the 99s than what the cement grey of today looks like. Cement grey has changed a few shades over the years though. This is tech grey btw.
air-max-nm-tech-grey-blue-spark-f5-1-560x345.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom