Air Jordan IV White/Cement 2012 Via Modern Notoriety Update **Nov 2nd 2011** 1st Page VOL ON POINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by 3thaman

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Whats the issue?

No issue for me I could care less but back in my day we compared everything to these and the originals.
313120188.jpg

and what you boys are getting are not even good fakes from the time frame i mentioned. But hey you fellows seem to have cash to burn so make it rain for all I care.

383958033.jpg

Those 99s look great and all, but this is for the 2012 white cement IVs thread.

Maybe you should consider making a 1999 White/Cement 4 Appreciation Post...im just saying is all.

Hey look I come into niketalk about one time a month now if that. So take that for what it is, I don't keep up with JB anymore and I don't mean to come of up as hating. But I am hating.
laugh.gif
 You guys are just feeding the beast. Around 04-05 JB started trying new things to see what they can get away with and people have bought in and this is where your at. No hate, but just here to remind you that you are paying more money for a more inferior product.  Now if those where the same as the 99's, yes they're worth every bit of $160, hell I'd pay $200. But c'mon guys, prices going up and quality going down? When does Jordan lose it's allure? (sp?)  And this comes from a guy who was 14 when Mike came into the league. I grew up with the man and I just hate what is going on now.  So I'm sorry if my comments come off as holier than though but
30t6p3b.gif
 c'mon man.

and what you boys are getting are not even good fakes from the time frame i mentioned. But hey you fellows seem to have cash to burn so make it rain for all I care.

383958033.jpg

Maybe you should consider making a 1999 White/Cement 4 Appreciation Post...im just saying is all.

Hey look I come into niketalk about one time a month now if that. So take that for what it is, I don't keep up with JB anymore and I don't mean to come of up as hating. But I am hating.
laugh.gif
 You guys are just feeding the beast. Around 04-05 JB started trying new things to see what they can get away with and people have bought in and this is where your at. No hate, but just here to remind you that you are paying more money for a more inferior product.  Now if those where the same as the 99's, yes they're worth every bit of $160, hell I'd pay $200. But c'mon guys, prices going up and quality going down? When does Jordan lose it's allure? (sp?)  And this comes from a guy who was 14 when Mike came into the league. I grew up with the man and I just hate what is going on now.  So I'm sorry if my comments come off as holier than though but
30t6p3b.gif
 c'mon man.

SAM_JACKSON_CLAPPING_GIF-s480x270-57548-580.gif

as an older head I have to agree with your comments... I am guilty of still purchasing some of the recent releases although ethically it bothers me

383958033.jpg

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 c'mon man.

SAM_JACKSON_CLAPPING_GIF-s480x270-57548-580.gif

as an older head I have to agree with your comments... I am guilty of still purchasing some of the recent releases although ethically it bothers me

Whats the issue?

No issue for me I could care less but back in my day we compared everything to these and the originals.
313120188.jpg

383958033.jpg

This.

Whats the issue?

313120188.jpg

383958033.jpg

This.

383958033.jpg

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 c'mon man.
Your points are true, but calm down the hate a little bit. Some people who didn't "grow up with the man" didn't have a chance to cop in '99, so now is there chance to finally get their hands on a pair of AJ history. I'm one of those people.. These are incredibly nice 4s, and both new heads and old heads are agreeing that these are a good release from what we can see. Now don't get me wrong, everyone has their own opinion, and yours is one that many people on this site will back up. Heck, i'd even agree with you on everything you just said. But come on. Lighten up a bit. For all you know, someone who is on here could be really looking forward to these, then read that the older heads are gonna see them in the streets and shake their heads then make a joke and laugh? Killin the excitement, making them feel stupid for liking a shoe. That's not what the game is about.. at least i didn't think it was. Feeding the beast? Nah. Let's face it, even if we stopped buying Jordans all together, it wouldn't do much. They'd probably lower the prices a bit, but the quality will never be as good as the good old days. Only way we're gonna get that again is in an extremely limited pack, and paying sky high prices.
30t6p3b.gif

To sum up this whole block of text, you have your '99s and you're not coppin.. why are you posting in this thread? Just to hate and preach about the old days and make newer heads feel stupid? Come on son
grin.gif
relax a bit. Pull out your '99s, smile at them and reminisce on the day you got them. We'll be doing the same thing someday with our 2012 pairs.
happy.gif

383958033.jpg

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 c'mon man.
Your points are true, but calm down the hate a little bit. Some people who didn't "grow up with the man" didn't have a chance to cop in '99, so now is there chance to finally get their hands on a pair of AJ history. I'm one of those people.. These are incredibly nice 4s, and both new heads and old heads are agreeing that these are a good release from what we can see. Now don't get me wrong, everyone has their own opinion, and yours is one that many people on this site will back up. Heck, i'd even agree with you on everything you just said. But come on. Lighten up a bit. For all you know, someone who is on here could be really looking forward to these, then read that the older heads are gonna see them in the streets and shake their heads then make a joke and laugh? Killin the excitement, making them feel stupid for liking a shoe. That's not what the game is about.. at least i didn't think it was. Feeding the beast? Nah. Let's face it, even if we stopped buying Jordans all together, it wouldn't do much. They'd probably lower the prices a bit, but the quality will never be as good as the good old days. Only way we're gonna get that again is in an extremely limited pack, and paying sky high prices.
30t6p3b.gif

To sum up this whole block of text, you have your '99s and you're not coppin.. why are you posting in this thread? Just to hate and preach about the old days and make newer heads feel stupid? Come on son
grin.gif
relax a bit. Pull out your '99s, smile at them and reminisce on the day you got them. We'll be doing the same thing someday with our 2012 pairs.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by temepr

99's shade of grey is so light it looks fake... J/K! but it gets old with all the "ogs and 99's are better" duh! good luck finding a wearable pair of those! and let others enjoy what they're offering in 2012 ... can't go back in time, unfortunately.

Originally Posted by temepr

99's shade of grey is so light it looks fake... J/K! but it gets old with all the "ogs and 99's are better" duh! good luck finding a wearable pair of those! and let others enjoy what they're offering in 2012 ... can't go back in time, unfortunately.

Never let someone else's opinion affect what you like.  If it really does affect your enjoyment, maybe you should reconsider why you really liked it in the first place.

Never let someone else's opinion affect what you like.  If it really does affect your enjoyment, maybe you should reconsider why you really liked it in the first place.

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

This goes along those quotes that people SHOULD live their lives by, but let's be honest. It's not the easiest thing. It's like the quotes "Chase your dreams, don't let anything get in your way." or "You are a bright shining star, don't let anyone tell you any different.". People tell you different, and even though you feel it isn't true, you can't help but feel something ya know?

Also, it wasn't his opinion. It was him trynna make people feel stupid for buying these because he has '99s that he can rock.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

This goes along those quotes that people SHOULD live their lives by, but let's be honest. It's not the easiest thing. It's like the quotes "Chase your dreams, don't let anything get in your way." or "You are a bright shining star, don't let anyone tell you any different.". People tell you different, and even though you feel it isn't true, you can't help but feel something ya know?

Also, it wasn't his opinion. It was him trynna make people feel stupid for buying these because he has '99s that he can rock.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Tang

Man them pics of rip is making me want these more.

that was the point of him wearing them............................... for a 1/2 & then switching back to the flips 
helps the hype

Originally Posted by Tang

Man them pics of rip is making me want these more.

that was the point of him wearing them............................... for a 1/2 & then switching back to the flips 
helps the hype

when is everyone going to get over the fact that we will never see the "nike air" again. the quality will never be the like the og's or first retros. when jb makes there retros nowadays they are just replicas of the og's just like when mitchell and ness makes there throwback jersey there just replicas of the og jerseys of that time. there for they will never be the same so just stop crying and let the people buy the product who dont care and never had the chance to own og's or never will .

when is everyone going to get over the fact that we will never see the "nike air" again. the quality will never be the like the og's or first retros. when jb makes there retros nowadays they are just replicas of the og's just like when mitchell and ness makes there throwback jersey there just replicas of the og jerseys of that time. there for they will never be the same so just stop crying and let the people buy the product who dont care and never had the chance to own og's or never will .

Originally Posted by BennyFrankTheKing

I owned the OGs - most thru 14 - but I was still growing and none fit me. I sold all of my OGs and 94 retros, and though I have come across some in my adult size, IV's aren't wearable for the most part. The 3's won't crumble on you like these will. So yeah, they aren't the OG or 99 version but I still plan on picking up two pairs. I can't be alone here.

Originally Posted by BennyFrankTheKing

I owned the OGs - most thru 14 - but I was still growing and none fit me. I sold all of my OGs and 94 retros, and though I have come across some in my adult size, IV's aren't wearable for the most part. The 3's won't crumble on you like these will. So yeah, they aren't the OG or 99 version but I still plan on picking up two pairs. I can't be alone here.

3thaman wrote:

milestailsprowe wrote:

Whats the issue?

313120188.jpg

383958033.jpg

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 c'mon man.

LMAO & SMH @ the sametime.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom