Air Jordan IX January 2018

My pair from over a decade ago. :wink: But without that ugly patent leather.

custom ix's 002.jpg

custom ix's 004.jpg

Are these customs? Were these once Olives? OG White & Black IX's? Or are they exclusives. They look so much better than the patent leather.

very surprised these sold like they did. i thought for sure they'd sit. but like it has been said of course it's tax time. i slept as i was not at all interested and feelings haven't changed.
Same

My local FootLocker and Champs sold out...not sure if they sold out yesterday but as of today they’re sold out

Black III’s lasted beyond the weekend at both of these stores

My local Footlocker got bred toe 1’s and there were multiple pairs that were FCFS due to lack of reservations done by people

I remember the 02 olives being $50 at DLTR.
I was gonna get them but my boy talked me into getting the white red Barkley’s :smh:

I always thought the olives were wack. When they got popular it baffled me tbh

I totally forgot that I had a pair of olives for the low, it must’ve been 04 thinking back on where I lived. I only got em cuz NT put me on how easy it was to color the olive black. I got the black fabric marker and went to work. They were clean. I remember I had some white/blue Lebron 2 mids that I balled in. I took that fabric marker and turn some of the blue panels on the Lebron to black.
I forgot I had those 9s but I wonder if subconsciously I wanted these bc of back then haha

i.e. goons for goon kicks.
I showed the young guy whom I always get outlet Js for him

The first sentence came out of his mouth was “these are ugly”

I agree
But the way how this release went, Bred 9s seemed to be “Valueable”.
I like Valueable kicks

So valueable that I want a pair of Bred 9s. But I don’t see the beauty of these.
3979FF62-FE3C-468B-A1ED-FDF4C354B02C.jpeg

Last edited:
Are these customs? Were these once Olives? OG White & Black IX's? Or are they exclusives. They look so much better than the patent leather.

As many have said, these were the Olive IX's that released back in the early 2000's. The olive part was DYED black. Not painted.

And yes, they were everywhere once dudes figured out how easy it was to dye them. PLUS...the fact that Olives could be found for VERY cheap.

custom ix's.jpg

custom ix's 003.jpg

I bought the olives back in the day with the intentions of dying them black

Never ended up doing it and sold them on eBay

IX’s were far from my favorite Air Jordan model anyways

As many have said, these were the Olive IX's that released back in the early 2000's. The olive part was DYED black. Not painted.

And yes, they were everywhere once dudes figured out how easy it was to dye them. PLUS...the fact that Olives could be found for VERY cheap.

custom ix's.jpg

custom ix's 003.jpg
Wow the colorway wrote “light olive”

Yet the shoe itself look like the 2010 $150 Charcoal release
5D00DA0F-717E-4144-8668-15ADDDE2E091.jpeg
Pics from SBD website

The second pic I posted on the previous page are how these really looked. Pics (1st one on last page and the 2 above) with the flash make the mud-guard look a little greyish. These were indeed a deep black all around. Pics w/flash are deceiving.

custom ix's.jpg

custom ix's 003.jpg
I would have bought this no doubt.

Any Houston NT’ers know if they are left anywhere in a 10.5 or 11? Had to work yesterday all day and today on OT all day and I gottta go hunt for em tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom