Air Jordan IX Wht/Black/Red HOLIDAY 2016

pmpdaddyrobford pmpdaddyrobford

No clue where the playoff moniker came from. I could live with the Chicago moniker as these are a colorway he would have worn during the regular season if he played in 93 to 94. Is it because he was spotted wearing these during a practice during the 93 playoffs? If so that is awful. I thought it was pretty much understood that a "playoff" colorway is primarily black with white accents.

I'm anticipating these. I wonder if they'll go on sale like the chromes and grapes.

I've never heard these referred to as "playoffs".
that's all I've ever seen them referenced as

pmpdaddyrobford pmpdaddyrobford

No clue where the playoff moniker came from. I could live with the Chicago moniker as these are a colorway he would have worn during the regular season if he played in 93 to 94. Is it because he was spotted wearing these during a practice during the 93 playoffs? If so that is awful. I thought it was pretty much understood that a "playoff" colorway is primarily black with white accents.
I'll start callin them Chicagos but I bet people won't know what I'm talkin about...

I asked this in another thread, someone gave me a dumb *** response asking what was I asking about...

Why are these called playoffs? cuz they have white/black/red?

is it like the Playoff 13s which should actually be called the Allstars when the breds should be called playoffs?
he's been seen quite a few times in them...
Yes but that doesn't warrant a nickname. I feel like pinoe was trying to heard to appeal to his followers by saying 2pac 9s. Be yourself lol

I asked this in another thread, someone gave me a dumb *** response asking what was I asking about...

Why are these called playoffs? cuz they have white/black/red?

is it like the Playoff 13s which should actually be called the Allstars when the breds should be called playoffs?
he's been seen quite a few times in them...
Yes but that doesn't warrant a nickname. I feel like pinoe was trying to heard to appeal to his followers by saying 2pac 9s. Be yourself lol
I had called them that a few times to be funny lately tbh lol
but to argue, HGG 13s

2pacs playoffs chicagos 
laugh.gif
  giving every shoe a nickname is ridiculous 

I have a feeling they didn't switch the Jumpman because the're using the midsole from previous 9s and he's molded in whereas the Jumpman on the Space Jams is stitched on so he's easier to reverse.

That's just my guess.

Bingo. Tooling is MUCH more expensive to replace as they have to fix the rubber molds in every size for every machine that manufactures them.

Not on the out sole where it says Nike
While that is true, they can simply just take the sole from the Air Revolution for the 3, Flight 89 for the 4, and I don't know if the Nike underneath the sole of the 5 is molded in or what.

I have a feeling they didn't switch the Jumpman because the're using the midsole from previous 9s and he's molded in whereas the Jumpman on the Space Jams is stitched on so he's easier to reverse.

That's just my guess.

Bingo. Tooling is MUCH more expensive to replace as they have to fix the rubber molds in every size for every machine that manufactures them.
I guess I should feel bad cause they're hurting for $$$ :rolleyes

If they're charging $190 for some IXs, I don't give a rats anus how much retooling will "cost" them.

If the product is not gonna be better, what are we paying for?

IXs were $125 in 1993/4 and 2002, these won't sniff those but they are $190??? FOH

and I dare any one of you JB sympathizing sheep to bring up inflation...

I myself refer to these as the chicagos. They will sit. I had the 2002's. They went missing. So it would be nice to finally have these again. But too much is dropping. Too fast. I have to skip some that I know will hurt... i copped the Olives from the last release, boy were those horrible! I was so mad cuz I wanted them so bad. But somebody offered me $280 so I sold them.

:rofl: at "retooling", they could ready change the midsole just like they did in 2010. Powder Blue pair had the correct midsole and released the SAME YEAR as the rest of the 9s with the wrong midsole. Jb could change it with ease if they wanted to.

Last edited:
That would be foul play if JB pulls that [emoji]128169[/emoji]. They have too much money to say they can't make a FSR of new molds with rev-jumpman..

No changes equal No Money from me... Simple

Taking it back to the OG's for a minute...

Lot's of cats don't remember but when Mike initially retired, all the heat Jay's had immediately dropped...Around these parts cats moved on to Barkley's and Runner's...

See as a kid I was blessed to be able to get two pairs of sneakers a year, usually what was on clearance...Once for the start of the School Year, and once around Spring Break...

1994 Spring break hit, parents took me to the Footlocker on Trop and Mount Vista (Old school Vegas heads know)...Almost got these (Which were already on clearance), but ended up passing for a pair of the blacked out Air Force Max CB's, a great shoe in their own right...The main reason for the pass was because my parents were actually letting me purchase a pair of kicks that were full price and had just recently released...Few weeks later I ended up seeing an episode of Fresh Prince with big Will and Jazz rocking the IX's to Jazz's wedding...I immediately regretted my decision and no amount of begging would get the folks to bend on hooking it up with yet another pair of sneakers...Fast forward to the start of the '94 school year, school shopping time, wasn't sure what I was going to get but I was still hooked on the IX's...Much to my surprise, when I hit up ol' FTL again, they still had these in my size and marked down to $59.99! Parent's loved the price and I walked out with my fresh "Old" Jay's...Kid's clowned at school but I loved those things to death...

Somehow I've never actually purchased a pair of retro IX's...Usually something else is happening at drop time to pull the funds away...

Anyway to end cap the long story...
View media item 2117657View media item 2117658View media item 2117659View media item 2117661
Side note, honestly though, who remember's when the '02 pair dropped stores were dying the uppers black to try and move them? Might have just been a Vegas thing...I toyed with getting a pair around All Star weekend in 2002 but passed for the Adidas Kobe 2's :smh:...Closest I've ever come to actually getting the retro...Hopefully this year's release is good to me...
DOPE story broham....need more of these on NT

not when they remove the VAT. I only paid 159 for my black metallics
All J's sit out here..some get discounted eventually...only people really buying J's is us americans and a few Europeans who love American culture...Europe is running shoe country...

The feeling I have is horrible for these because they are my one and only grail, even over Concords but I'll probably pass cause JB sucks at retroing these. Last good on imo was the Powders and thouse were still pretty poor.

Back
Top Bottom