Air Jordan IX Wht/Blk/Red First Look **8/7/10 Release**

done and done! these and the powder blues are on point. i was never a fan of the IX's but these pics have made them grow on me.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by dtb00201

People act like 02s were tremendous quality or something. The leather was nothing to go crazy about and the midsole paint cracks just like the new retros.

My 02's just started cracking last year after they became my gym kicks.  That's seven years and the production date was 01.  So do you think it's going to take seven or eight years for the paint to start cracking on these?  That's the difference.  Leather creases, but the leather is thicker and a better quality on the 02's than the CDP's which means less creasing.

Well you got lucky because I have definitely seen pairs that started cracking way before this year.

I skipped these on the pack due to those ugly XIV's. Now I can get me a pair without having to buy them in a pack. JB made it easier for me in this one.

What's the point in complaining? JB's gonna release them anyways. I will pick up a pair if they look nice in stores.
And it makes no sense when people try and compare recent retros to OG's. OG's were made with premium materials because people actually hooped in them back then and JB has gotten greedy.

People act like 02s were tremendous quality or something. The leather was nothing to go crazy about and the midsole paint cracks just like the new retros.

My 02's just started cracking last year after they became my gym kicks.  That's seven years and the production date was 01.  So do you think it's going to take seven or eight years for the paint to start cracking on these?  That's the difference.  Leather creases, but the leather is thicker and a better quality on the 02's than the CDP's which means less creasing.

Well you got lucky because I have definitely seen pairs that started cracking way before this year.
Have you seen any start cracking after a few wears or in a few months, like with a lot of these Spizikes, Fire Reds, Aquas blah blah released in the past couple of years?

So please don't compare what took years to happen, to what's happening within months these days.  It's not a valid comparison.  It's like comparing a car that last for 200,000 miles to one that starts breaking down after 40,000.

Now I see a painted sole by Nike, I instantly think, the paints going to be cracking shortly, because of the type of paint they're using these days.

Yeah, I just don't know why these are releasing when they released in the CDP not too long ago.  It doesn't make the best business sense. 
I can only assume JB knows the demand won't be as high because of this.  I know I have no desire to purchase this color because of this.
On the other hand, I have seen JB make worse decisions and I'm sure some will sell anyway.

I've got doubles of the cdp IX's..but if I feel up to it again, I might cop a pair of these 2010's...not in a major hurry to get these again, but I've always loved this colorway of the IX's

Have you seen any start cracking after a few wears or in a few months, like with a lot of these Spizikes, Fire Reds, Aquas blah blah released in the past couple of years?

So please don't compare what took years to happen, to what's happening within months these days.  It's not a valid comparison.  It's like comparing a car that last for 200,000 miles to one that starts breaking down after 40,000.

Now I see a painted sole by Nike, I instantly think, the paints going to be cracking shortly, because of the type of paint they're using these days.

Well, I rocked my '03 white/red VIII's one time and the paint on the midsole started to crack. They were DS, but I bought them last year.

i'd like to see the olives retro again too
pimp.gif

The paint on the midsole of the retro 9's seems to crack awfully easy...perhaps they plan to keep producing cheap quality stuff and then just keep releasing the same stuff every few years...

planned redundancy in NIke HQ????

hey every other major Corporation does it...why wouldn't they?...only difference most prices go down as quality gets cheaper, Nikes actually goes up...
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom