Air jordan retro 5 "Black silver" 2011 edition detailed pics

Originally Posted by Franco23x

I'll go to the mall tomorrow and see if I like, if not then i'll wait for till school starts and get a nice OG
If not, you'll wait til school starts to rock a pair of nice OG's? 
roll.gif
  I'd like to see that happen.  Post pics of your OG's after you unDS them.

From Eastbay:

Eastbay is required by law to collect applicable sales or use tax on all purchases shipped to states in which we maintain a place of business. The amount of sales tax that will be added to your order is based on the state to which your order is being shipped, the standard sales tax charged in that area and the total dollar amount of your order. Not all customers will be charged sales tax. See the list below for those states that will be charged sales tax:

New York State

Wisconsin

Colorado

Illinois

California

The California thing is new. But where the hell in California does Eastbay keep a business? I thought they were based out of Wisconsin? They can't possibly be talking about the businesses Eastbay is connected to under the corporate umbrella, i.e. Foot Locker, Champs, etc. because then they really WOULD charge tax to every state.

Oh well. The California thing is still bull and simply Jerry Brown's way of trying to take the easy way out of balancing the budget. Take more taxes from all the people who are struggling as it is. You CA heads know exactly what I'm talking about.

Consider my soapbox stepped off.

Either JB made a ton of these as they are still in stock in every size at FNL, footlocker.com and eastbay. -OR- a lot of people didn't care about this release.

wish i didn't order early from PYS. I didn't know that this release would be that easy. everywhere still has FSR.

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

Either JB made a ton of these as they are still in stock in every size at FNL, footlocker.com and eastbay. -OR- a lot of people didn't care about this release.
The '07's didn't sell out instantly either, but they did sell out less than a week after RD....Don't expect these to sit around because they didn't sell out in minutes like Foamposites.

i think every 5 release has been like this thus far this year .... i know personally instead of purchasing online im just going to try my luck getting them in the morning

Originally Posted by PainBL

From Eastbay:

Eastbay is required by law to collect applicable sales or use tax on all purchases shipped to states in which we maintain a place of business. The amount of sales tax that will be added to your order is based on the state to which your order is being shipped, the standard sales tax charged in that area and the total dollar amount of your order. Not all customers will be charged sales tax. See the list below for those states that will be charged sales tax:

New York State

Wisconsin

Colorado

Illinois

California

The California thing is new. But where the hell in California does Eastbay keep a business? I thought they were based out of Wisconsin? They can't possibly be talking about the businesses Eastbay is connected to under the corporate umbrella, i.e. Foot Locker, Champs, etc. because then they really WOULD charge tax to every state.

Oh well. The California thing is still bull and simply Jerry Brown's way of trying to take the easy way out of balancing the budget. Take more taxes from all the people who are struggling as it is. You CA heads know exactly what I'm talking about.

Consider my soapbox stepped off.

WOW no tax charge to californians is the main reason i buy from eastbay. this changes EVERYTHING. RIP eastbay.... it was great while it lasted..

Damn, sucks for those that were taxed. Zero tax for my order here in AZ. Payed for double box because I don't want a repeat of the 13 playoff restock that were supposed to come 2x boxed but didn't.

Wish I could double up on these because knowing JB the next time they release they just might be terrycloth.
 But where the hell in California does Eastbay keep a business?

They don't but it's a new law that was enacted a few months ago. Amazon orders that were not taxed at one time are now taxed. People understandably lost their !#*@ when that happened.  They can thank Jerry Brown. 

Actually, I think Amazon orders are still untaxed. I believe Amazon severed its relationship with all physical California businesses as a way of fighting Jerry's BS legislation.

Originally Posted by PainBL

Actually, I think Amazon orders are still untaxed. I believe Amazon severed its relationship with all physical California businesses as a way of fighting Jerry's BS legislation.

yup thank god they did. the past 5 years i have bought strictly from amazon and eastbay. atleast there is still amazon. +%+$ eastbay man.

Originally Posted by EddieWinslow

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

The '07's didn't sell out instantly either, but they did sell out less than a week after RD....Don't expect these to sit around because they didn't sell out in minutes like Foamposites.
They were sold out by sunday in Boston
eyes.gif

Every store around me only had kid sizes or sz. 12, 13 by the afternoon on saturday. I remember how I had to rush to Westgate Mall in Brockton that evening just to get the last size 8.5 they had
pimp.gif

what is eastbays no tax code and free shipping code. Can I do both? Mainly how can I get these through eastbay with no tax? Anybody?

Just grabbed a pair from my local mall. I didn't know if I was going to get them or not I had to see them first. They looked good IMO the pictures really didn't do these justice these things a pitch black, no lint or anything on them at all so im satisfied.

Probably will wait awhile to wear them though. And I got a discount and paid 50 bucks the old fashion way.... get your girl to give you the other 100
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lilyo06

Shoes look ALOT better in person. Grabbed a pair in Houston with ease.

There was a video on sneakertubetv showing a camp out for them in Houston. Was that really necessary?? This release wasnt as big as the one in 2007

Back
Top Bottom