Air Jordan Retro 5 "Doernbecher" CONFIRMED release!! 9/14/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
:smh: so ppl fight for the slots on rsvp to fight for a chance to cop the shoes.............?? What r we dealing now???

And how do they figure out how many slots r available? Do they know how many pairs r gonna be at that spot? Last time i tried rsvp, i got thru on the black grapes, so I still have faith on my manual rsvp!! :D

not dealing with it now......been dealing with it.....its a bot race now

looks like sneakerrsvp will only do RSVPs for customers that have purchased 4 previous RSVPs with them, everyone else will be completely out of luck

SNEAKERRSVP already tweeted the link about 30 minutes ago.

They have the 4+ order users already in their database so you just enter your email... if you're on the list you're automatically sent to the DB5 page

https://www.sneakerrsvp.com/isaacs-db-air-jordan-5-retro/

Go now!

NTLA slots are all sold out

still have slots open for SFO, Dallas and Portland NikeTown
:lol: slots will prob stay open for SF

Thank you i didnt even notice they removed SF

Last edited:
considering the prices theyre at now. thats not bad.

Immediate resale on db9s were higher for my size and I paid it, no regrets.
Looking at where prices are now, I'm glad I jumped then rather than waiting because prices never seemed to come down.

I swear it seems i speak an unknown language on here, sometimes.

I'm pretty sure resell was never 250-300 on the bay for the db 9s unless you found some crackhead local seller. If they were I would have scooped up every pair available.
not on the first few days after release.

Love the shoe, but don't regret passing. Comprende?

This sucks with all the bots and these RSVP sites man :smh: it sucks that trying to cop at NTs and off NDC will be a hassle. I'm gonna try and cop but i doubt I'm gonna have any success

mean.gif
so ppl fight for the slots on rsvp to fight for a chance to cop the shoes.............?? What r we dealing now???

And how do they figure out how many slots r available? Do they know how many pairs r gonna be at that spot? Last time i tried rsvp, i got thru on the black grapes, so I still have faith on my manual rsvp!!
happy.gif
next... an rsvp site for rsvp site slots

& so on lol

Last edited:
Must get me that DB5 flashlight. I need that to make my green glow glow in the dark!!!

Hope its a well known site with a track record -- something where you can dispute it because scam sites pop up all the time trying to steal money from hyped releases.

its relatively new but they did manage to RSVP 2 Lebron Champ packs successfully and they dont charge you until they successfully win your RSVP. Tbh, just about all of the RSVP services use the same OCR tactics to get the shoes.

I would have gone with sneakerrsvp but you guys are only doing it with people that have done 4 previous RSVPs and ive only done one.

Just saw the pics from yesterday and looked at how much the thread grew. I kinda liked them, but I'm out now. You guys can have em.

I'm surprised they were able to keep images from surfacing until recently. They have surely already been produced and probably have been for a while. Pretty shocking considering they release in 9 days.

Just saw the pics from yesterday and looked at how much the thread grew. I kinda liked them, but I'm out now. You guys can have em.

I'm surprised they were able to keep images from surfacing until recently. They have surely already been produced and probably have been for a while. Pretty shocking considering they release in 9 days.

Yeah they are and have been working on that, expect a few pop ups by the end of the year.

Last edited:
DB's are nike's way to "give to charity" in the name of lowering their tax liability.  The likelyhood that there may be more of these produced than normal is possible as nike has been doing real well this year and they would rather look good giving to charity rather than giving to Uncle Sam.  

The reason they brought back the 5 DB's for the summer was to help aid their charitable contribution number for the fiscal quarter.  Make no mistake that they have complete control over things as the charity move is really disguised accounting strategy. 
mean.gif
mean.gif

Can't blame them though better to give to a good cause than to the private share holders of the federal reserve.
It's a terrible tax minimization strategy. They can only receive a deduction of 35 or 38 cents on the dollar, so it costs them 65 or 62 cents per dollar to save 35 or 38 cents.

These will GR, they used all the patent leather for OG I's on these instead. That's why they only released the I's in a few locations. JK, I have no clue about the numbers but it would hbe great if they made a ton considering the reason behind them. Im sure theres a lot of non sneaker enthusiasts who would like to have a pair fo these.

It's a terrible tax minimization strategy. They can only receive a deduction of 35 or 38 cents on the dollar, so it costs them 65 or 62 cents per dollar to save 35 or 38 cents.

They can use their charitable contributions up to five tax years after the first year used(to use the remaining amount they contributed). It makes the company look better overall and they can deduct more on their tax returns, than an individual can. I'm sure they have tax attorneys/CPA's planning their deductions early. Those returns take a while to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom