Air Jordan Retro 9 “Powder Blue” OG March 23, 2024

Is he wrong though for the most part? :lol:
Based on my experience he is extremely wrong. My kids and the friends they have are far more unique and varied then anything 30 years ago where i'm from.

That doesn't mean i'm right or wrong. That's my experience. And so I said so lol.

Based on my experience he is extremely wrong. My kids and the friends they have are far more unique and varied then anything 30 years ago where i'm from.

That doesn't mean i'm right or wrong. That's my experience. And so I said so lol.

To be fair, "your experience" is based on a few kids out of the millions and millions in society. :lol: Those kids are probably the exception.

To be fair, "your experience" is based on a few kids out of the millions and millions in society. :lol: Those kids are probably the exception.
I know that and that goes both ways.

That was the whole damn point to begin with lol. We all have limited experience in this regard.

IMG_3325.gif

I'm a father of 3 and a grandpa to 4. I started a factory job at the age of 20, and I'm still there 23 years later. More than qualified to understand and compare myself and my peers to today's generation of youth. We were all young and cocky also. Just like today. But the difference, we were self motivated, we competed for everything. It was always a goal to prove yourself. We also knew how to communicate, not bury your head into a phone. I have coworkers with teenagers that were born when I was next to their parents when they got the call. I see them now as young adults, they cannot communicate directly. They text each other sitting next to each other. My 18 year old daughter gives us all sorts of insight of her friends thoughts and perspective. I lead guys in their early 20s, they can't look you in the eyes but will text you a novel. They barely speak at work but post on Facebook constantly. We all have examples for days here. We're we any better back then? Probably not. But i wouldn't want to be young in today's world. Love when I grew up, wouldn't want to change anything. Today's youth is not stupid at all. I just believe they are missing out on the things alot of us older in here got to experience.

It’s a completely different world today. If we were growing up today with the same instant access to people and information we’d be the same way.

Yes, screens and social media have huge implications when it comes to the way people communicate. This has nothing to do with the people who have been taught to use them since the day they were born. Our generation literally created this problem.

I can understand it to an extent, but I can't lie, it's still weird to me. What JRepp23 JRepp23 is saying isn't even an exaggeration. I get wanting to compose yourself or being able to express thoughts more in complete sentences with better ideas with text. But a good amount of people get straight up anxiety when its time to talk to people, even just at a store or something, or interact with people. If a supervisor or manager has to tell them they've done anything incorrect, they almost literally melt down from the critique. Whether in 'public' amongst peers or in a meeting, or in one-on-one meetings. It's unreal. And I am far from some toxic masculine guy and I've been around and seen and been through a lot, so I get it. Things can be rough. But someone telling you that you clicked button A when you should have clicked button B is not creating a toxic work environment or bullying you.

Not really the time to think everything through fully but yeah, maybe we did inadvertently cause these issues by allowing young people to get too much information at a young age. Maybe I'd be stressed out at every human interaction too if I saw the myriad of ways things can go south and people can get shot, killed, doxxed, etc. Go out to play a game of basketball and have somebody tape it and you go viral looking like a clown at age 13 or some ****. That might give you anxiety, you know. That and the whole 'environment is going to hell, Earth might be an uninhabitable wreck by the time you're 90, kid' might make a person's personality a little more shaky. I dunno. But it's still weird to me. God help these kids though.

I can understand it to an extent, but I can't lie, it's still weird to me. What JRepp23 JRepp23 is saying isn't even an exaggeration. I get wanting to compose yourself or being able to express thoughts more in complete sentences with better ideas with text. But a good amount of people get straight up anxiety when its time to talk to people, even just at a store or something, or interact with people. If a supervisor or manager has to tell them they've done anything incorrect, they almost literally melt down from the critique. Whether in 'public' amongst peers or in a meeting, or in one-on-one meetings. It's unreal. And I am far from some toxic masculine guy and I've been around and seen and been through a lot, so I get it. Things can be rough. But someone telling you that you clicked button A when you should have clicked button B is not creating a toxic work environment or bullying you.

Not really the time to think everything through fully but yeah, maybe we did inadvertently cause these issues by allowing young people to get too much information at a young age. Maybe I'd be stressed out at every human interaction too if I saw the myriad of ways things can go south and people can get shot, killed, doxxed, etc. Go out to play a game of basketball and have somebody tape it and you go viral looking like a clown at age 13 or some ****. That might give you anxiety, you know. That and the whole 'environment is going to hell, Earth might be an uninhabitable wreck by the time you're 90, kid' might make a person's personality a little more shaky. I dunno. But it's still weird to me. God help these kids though.

Yep. I'm a teacher. Got hauled into the principal's office last year and got "talked to" because a Jr High student had reported me for "being mean." What exactly did I do that was "mean" you ask? I separated one girl from the rest of her class because she never did her work and never shut the hell up, and I told two other girls to "stop acting like weirdos" because one was nuzzling the other's face like a cat. I explained the situation to my boss and was told "you need to cut that out because it could be considered name calling."

We're constantly getting bully reports filed and when you read them, like 90% of the time it's just one kid joking about the other. Some kid was complaining about "being targeted" the other day and I told him to stop saying it, because he says it all the time and it's never accurate. :lol:

I have literally been told by 20 plus year olds that the history dont matter at all. " It dont matter what you went through". Yeah it actually does. They should be paid like we(20 plus year employees ) are now. Had an entire division shut itself down to tell me this. Refusal to work because they thought they were getting screwed. When I made a fraction of their pay in worse conditions. Been told I was too harsh for simply being matter of fact in answering questions. Its nuts nowadays. Your told your being harsh when you go out your way not to. Oh yeah, the ones that gripe the most, cant pull a 40 hr week. Because they feel like they dont have to. Im doing 60 on avg. When you deal with the entitlement daily, you understand.

Last edited:
Haha, yeah back to the shoes. Once I get a pair of these I might actually wear my other 9s. I’ve had 3 pairs but never worn a single one out the house. First pair came from FNL dusty AF and looking used so I sent em back. This was like 2019, think the dream it do it. Then I got another pair in like 2021 but it was the same thing - clearly used. Sent those back too. Grabbed the particle 9s a few years ago. If you count the boots I had 5 :emoji_sweat_smile:

So maybe I’ll actually wear a pair in 2024

Back to the shoes, indeed. Can't remember if I told this story in this thread or not, but the Powder IX was the shoe introduced me to the concept of "limited release." My birthday is in February, and every year from the VI on, my dad would get me a pair of the "new" Jordans for my birthday present. We went to our regular mall on release day, and all 3 stores that ALWAYS had the latest release (FTL, FNL, and a local spot called Brendamour's) told us they didn't get them. Luckily FNL offered to do a "send-sale" aka pay there and have another store ship them to my house. Had them on my doorstep the next week in a pulverized box. You can see a little bit of how beat it was here...

PXL_20231124_024638187.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

I'm hyped about the return of these.
Just to know that they will mirror the OG version w/o the "23" on the rear.
Wasn't a fan of this cw before but being that majority OG drops contained red lately, I'm gamed for them.

Last edited:
Happy for all yall who wanted olives. I’ve had them too many times and am over it. 2 of the dark powders will be it for my 9 collection

Feel like I should sell my 2016 white/blacks (I will never call them Space Jams lol). Only a matter of time before they return, probably sooner than later now.

Back
Top Bottom