Air Jordan Retro 9 “Powder Blue” OG March 23, 2024

Still in for two pairs. None of you mofos are gonna knock spoonie off the path of Powder Blue 9 greatness.

I’m watching all of ya! 🫵🏻

You and me both!

GroundedDopeyAlpinegoat-small.gif

Summit white really throwing me off. But if I don’t get these I’ll be grabbing those Packer Forums that are all sorts of shades of white. Gotta make sense of all this.

Summit white really throwing me off. But if I don’t get these I’ll be grabbing those Packer Forums that are all sorts of shades of white. Gotta make sense of all this.

Don't let that Summit White freak you out. It's hardly noticeable unless you have them right next to like an all white AF1 or something. It's definitely not Sail, just a slightly darker shade of white.

Don't let that Summit White freak you out. It's hardly noticeable unless you have them right next to like an all white AF1 or something. It's definitely not Sail, just a slightly darker shade of white.
I’m well aware of what it is and it bothers me to no end on shoes that are traditionally supposed to be white white. Maybe you haven’t seen my endless complaints about the OWC3s.

The past few pages have been OD. Even that comparison of the OG… while it’s taller the OG photo is shot with a wider lens making it appear about 15-20% taller than it is. And it’s not as cropped.

A side by side would be great, and the OG clearly wins there too but it’s like some of y’all need to exaggerate how bad the differences are when they actually fixed some on this one. It’s cool to just pass.

The past few pages have been OD. Even that comparison of the OG… while it’s taller the OG photo is shot with a wider lens making it appear about 15-20% taller than it is. And it’s not as cropped.

A side by side would be great, and the OG clearly wins there too but it’s like some of y’all need to exaggerate how bad the differences are when they actually fixed some on this one. It’s cool to just pass.
Once you come up with a DS pair from ‘94 we’ll do the in person side by side comparisons :lol:

People posting pics to see some (potential) differences are just a guide, based on the pics we have online. Even OG pairs sometimes were a bit different based on factories. It’s fun, this is NT. No one is holding a press conference about it all. Although with some of these I’ve been close.

Fact is they got the shape incorrect on these again. The back height is definitely off, which then trickles down to rest of shoe being off. You can choose to care or not - but these are fax.

Once you come up with a DS pair from ‘94 we’ll do the in person side by side comparisons :lol:

People posting pics to see some (potential) differences are just a guide, based on the pics we have online. Even OG pairs sometimes were a bit different based on factories. It’s fun, this is NT. No one is holding a press conference about it all. Although with some of these I’ve been close.

Fact is they got the shape incorrect on these again. The back height is definitely off, which then trickles down to rest of shoe being off. You can choose to care or not - but these are fax.
I don’t disagree the shape isn’t OG but people around here see a pic and run wild. The shape is taller and slimmer than past retros. You’d think that wouldn’t be the worst thing but you got guys saying they literally flipped a jumpman and added a blue outline and called it a day after your “comparison”. The truth lies in the middle and there’s a couple pages of almost pure hate for this one when a number of y’all guzzled up those nasty 9 retros for years.

I think I’m in just cause who knows when they will drop again. You crazy if you double up on these though, unless it’s like absolutely one of your fav J’s ever . Anyways, THESE RIGHT here are the best 9 colorway. 2010 retro still going strong, as poor of a retro as it was. Charcoals are the GOAT 9 period, for the same reasons the charcoal 7 is the GOAT 7. The colorway just works PERFECTLY.
IMG_0789.jpeg

I think I’m in just cause who knows when they will drop again. You crazy if you double up on these though, unless it’s like absolutely one of your fav J’s ever . Anyways, THESE RIGHT here are the best 9 colorway. 2010 retro still going strong, as poor of a retro as it was. Charcoals are the GOAT 9 period, for the same reasons the charcoal 7 is the GOAT 7. The colorway just works PERFECTLY.
IMG_0789.jpeg

I need to dig my pair of those out. Hopefully we'll get a corrected version of those soon.

I remember when the Shadow 10’s came out the following year, that I was disappointed with them compared to the Charcoal 9, though I think I prefer 9’s over 10’s in terms of looks anyways (for comfort, 10s all day ofc). The way they executed the color blocking on the 9 was just fantastic.

Were the OG 9s rock hard as well?
The leather wasn’t rock hard at all. But they ate up my pinky toes on the court. The sock liner and the sole with the big colorful jumpman were the hot parts of the shoe. I got the Chicago 1’s around the same time and was still able to make them work in the same size 9 for a year longer than the IX because of the pinky toe rubbing.

The sock liner is rather refined compared to the 7’s and 8’s with more breathability, and the shoe keeps the branding more hidden. At the time this model felt like a futuristic change compared to previous models. Maybe part of that was MJ retiring, but I still feel like there’s strong delineation at 8/9 where the line takes on a vastly different styling.

The leather wasn’t rock hard at all. But they ate up my pinky toes on the court. The sock liner and the sole with the big colorful jumpman were the hot parts of the shoe. I got the Chicago 1’s around the same time and was still able to make them work in the same size 9 for a year longer than the IX because of the pinky toe rubbing.

The sock liner is rather refined compared to the 7’s and 8’s with more breathability, and the shoe keeps the branding more hidden. At the time this model felt like a futuristic change compared to previous models. Maybe part of that was MJ retiring, but I still feel like there’s strong delineation at 8/9 where the line takes on a vastly different styling.
The 9 was interesting cause it was futuristic and yet a ‘back to the basics’ shoe at the same time.

The futuristic part was the rounded shoe laces and speed lace system and I think it was the first Jordan to use a Phylon midsole? Can’t remember for sure but the whole appearance of the shoe was very modern at the time. Yet, it lacked the straps and bold colorways of its predecessors. There was no fancy color schemes like Bordeaux or Aquas.

I remember people calling them moon boots at the time lol, especially the white/blacks.

Back
Top Bottom