Air Jordan Retro 9 “Powder Blue” OG March 23, 2024

Just for the record, the lighting in that ad--as has been discussed in here previously--doesn't give an accurate picture of reality. I have those shorts still in mint condition, purchased in 1994:

IMG_3181.jpeg
They are nowhere near as dark as they appear in the ad. In real life they aren’t even quite as dark as my pic makes them look.
That said, they certainly are not the same color as this retro:
IMG_3183.jpeg

That said, I still don’t see why you can’t wear them together :lol:

Wear what you like.

It isn’t going to be the exact shade of blue but it definitely can be worn together.

Don’t worry about what other guys think anyways.

Wear what you like.

It isn’t going to be the exact shade of blue but it definitely can be worn together.

Don’t worry about what other guys think anyways.

Shouldn’t be trying to match these. Just do all black or black and white with a denim piece

Oh for sure. This is just all a fun/funny NT discussion. I’m in my 40s, fellas, I don’t give a F what anyone thinks when I’m just banging around the local neighborhood :lol:
My reality is, I’ve never been a “matchy” guy, anyway. When I’m in casual layback mode and wearing shoes like this, I’m usually just rocking black sweats or warmup pants, whatever you wanna call em, and a t shirt. I’m not putting together “fits” for sneakers, especially at my age LOL

Last edited:
They didn’t. It was a completely different color. It’s funny reading all these comments and dudes arguing over pictures. I had them in 94, actually all 4 colorways in the 9s. The blue on the 10s Pwder was UNC blue and the 9s were completely different.
Nobody arguing it’s just crazy the dude was on here talking bout matching colors.. the shoes and uniform and all I was trying to tell him the ****s never matched.. he had no clue what he was talking about . Thanks for clarifying this even more

Lighting really affects how the blue on these looks. In those pics right there those look closer to what the 2024 is. In most other pics the Og appears a lot darker.

Nobody arguing it’s just crazy the dude was on here talking bout matching colors.. the shoes and uniform and all I was trying to tell him the ****s never matched.. he had no clue what he was talking about . Thanks for clarifying this even more

here-we-go-again-gta.gif

@ me mang! :lol: Don't be shy.

This has twisted so far off the original topic.

This was originally all about YOUR outfit, in your picture, looking silly because those particular shorts were extremely off color wise from the shoes. Then you trailed the convo off about other releases, OG's, other shorts, other pictures, etc. This was all about YOUR picture. Other releases and comparisons doesn't matter....yet somehow you lead the convo talking about other ish.

That is all.

Of course I know what I'm talking about, your picture is clear as day. And others do too as I wasn't even the first one to make a joke about your picture. Did you not see that post? :lol:

Enjoy your day.

Last edited:
How about just leaving the guy alone for wearing unc shorts with powder blue 9’s? There’s an entire thread dedicated to jersey pickups and I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing a jersey with J’s today. I also don’t gaf what any of you 40+ yo dudes wear or don’t wear or take a pic of.

Nah his outfit combo was flagrant and as a NT brethren he had to be called on it. :lol:

People are so sensitive now. NT used to be a healthy place for roasting each other.
He wasn’t even wearing it. And you’re talking about it 2 days later 🤣

He wasn’t even wearing it. And you’re talking about it 2 days later 🤣

Stop.

He confirmed he left the house like that. :lol:

This convo began last night. I was done with it last night. However....mans mentioned me today in a post. You can blame him for bringing it back up. I'm not gonna just let folk throw stones. :lol:

IMG_5325.jpeg
IMG_5326.jpeg
IMG_5327.jpeg
UNC blue has never been the same over the years, but I can say without a doubt it’s never matched the Dark Powder 9s. That color seemed made up to me. I even have a Rasheed Wallace UNC jersey from 1994 and it’s not Dark Powder. Mitchell & Ness gets their colors pretty accurate and it has changed over the years.

If this combination bothers you so much you should have just kept scrolling. Doesn’t seem like queese23 queese23 was asking for your fashion advice either.

1978S 1978S

Does the S in your screen same stand for “senile”?

I could have, but I didn't.

I was trying to help mans out by letting him know that combo was trash.

As for the S....it varies. But right now it stands for....

slow-motion-slap.gif

How about just leaving the guy alone for wearing unc shorts with powder blue 9’s? There’s an entire thread dedicated to jersey pickups and I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing a jersey with J’s today. I also don’t gaf what any of you 40+ yo dudes wear or don’t wear or take a pic of.

Alright, I'm curious about this line here. Are you saying you don't wear jerseys at all, or that there's something weird about wearing a jersey with Jordans? :lol:

here-we-go-again-gta.gif

@ me mang! :lol: Don't be shy.

This has twisted so far off the original topic.

This was originally all about YOUR outfit, in your picture, looking silly because those particular shorts were extremely off color wise from the shoes. Then you trailed the convo off about other releases, OG's, other shorts, other pictures, etc. This was all about YOUR picture. Other releases and comparisons doesn't matter....yet somehow you lead the convo talking about other ish.

That is all.

Of course I know what I'm talking about, your picture is clear as day. And others do too as I wasn't even the first one to make a joke about your picture. Did you not see that post? :lol:

Enjoy your day.
Bro I’m really starting to think you’re dumb. My respond to you was I didn’t a **** if they didn’t match. I told your slow *** for the millionth time I know they don’t match. The Damn shoe color was powder blue not Carolina blue are u that dumb? So I know they didn’t match and I told ur dumb *** that MJ didn’t match either in the pic because my shorts are same color as his.. so everybody was telling ur slow *** nobody gives a **** because we know it’s to totally different colors.. hope ur slow *** comprehend that. It’s not the same blue dumb *** everybody knows that ****!

IMG_5325.jpeg
IMG_5326.jpeg
IMG_5327.jpeg
UNC blue has never been the same over the years, but I can say without a doubt it’s never matched the Dark Powder 9s. That color seemed made up to me. I even have a Rasheed Wallace UNC jersey from 1994 and it’s not Dark Powder. Mitchell & Ness gets their colors pretty accurate and it has changed over the years.
That’s all we been trying to tell this dumb dude ! He don’t seem to comprehend that ****.. nobody gives a **** if it didn’t match perfect wtf

Back
Top Bottom