[..::Air Jordan Retro X White / Black – Light Steel Grey "Steel" 10/12/2013 - $170::..]

Will You Be Picking These Up?

• Yup

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dude....there was a tv show where tinker and mj were talking about air jordans and they were talking about it. Tinker didnt involved MJ during the design process and when tinker visited him with the X MJ immediately confronted him that he disliked thecttoe cap much because he prefers a plain and smoother look at the toe area. Tinker then was like omg...have to change it for the remaining pairs / colorways.

dog i think your getting it mixed up no og steel x never had no toe cap... maybe some player edition models. can anyone provide pics of og steels without a toe cap?

tell me this why the blue hell would they produce shadow x's with a toe cap when supposedly mj told them to stop doing it during the steel x and they obliged? then go back and make half the shadow x with a toe cap???

makes no sense...

Last edited:

Couple more pics of the capped Shadows I found saved on one of my old flash drives -Very rare magazine scans courtesy of FlattopHitop...

(Right click "Open link in new tab" to view full size)
Did they use beaters for the I-V pics, they look horrible.

i actually love the toe cap on the steel ten but on the shadow x i like it without the toe cap...

nice... i still remember how nice the leather was on the ogs

:lol: @ the leather on my fire red V

Precisely why I sent them right back to Eastbay. I thought I had learned my lesson on the other all white V's. I've been slowly getting rid of my white leather Jordan's. I'm down to 88OG's and the rttg 1's and black toe ones. If the leather on the X's feel as good as they look those will be kept.

Last edited:
nice... i still remember how nice the leather was on the ogs
Aaah, the smell of a fresh full grain leather...not like the smell of a junky stile glue on the new releases :D

dog i think your getting it mixed up no og steel x never had no toe cap... maybe some player edition models. can anyone provide pics of og steels without a toe cap?

tell me this why the blue hell would they produce shadow x's with a toe cap when supposedly mj told them to stop doing it during the steel x and they obliged? then go back and make half the shadow x with a toe cap???

makes no sense...

U got me wrong. I said the X generally were switched to no toe cap since the shadows. All steel grey X ogs ive seen did have the toe cap. The first time i saw the steelgreys without toe cap were the 2005 retros.

Really classic shoe, one of the few jordan models where I like the white based colorways more than the black based ones

i'm a bit confused is the toe cap talk just random or are these stated to have it? I hope not, clean toe looks muchhhh better.

U got me wrong. I said the X generally were switched to no toe cap since the shadows. All steel grey X ogs ive seen did have the toe cap. The first time i saw the steelgreys without toe cap were the 2005 retros.
It was a catalog shot from eastbay, that had the OG steels with the toe cap, I heard tinker say after he showed them to MJ, he said kill the toe cap.. So they had to stop production and restart without the toecap. I think someone was selling a pair a few years ago on here with the toecap.

I really just wanna pick these up with the lebrons, heard the lebrons are limited so ima try NDC for those and try to get these in person

i do have to stay out of here though... this is making me want to get another pair... hopefully someone gets these early and see how the sizing is if they are small like the other times retroed...

october 12 is the release date? a week after the gloves :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom