Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

just the taxi's and those sweet lanleys for me. ever since i saw Curren$y rock em ive wanted a pair more than any 5 that has came out so far... yea im beastin. so what. lol

Pretty much. You can make more at a real job instead of trying to resell GRs.

Well i hope no reseller is dumb enough to try and make reselling his primary source of income though lol. "You bound to dri-zoun"

And i dont even think you needed to go back to 5-6 years ago. I remember mahority of the releases last year were pretty much hassle free outside of a couple. Seems like all the excessive hype started late 2012

Well i hope no reseller is dumb enough to try and make reselling his primary source of income though lol. "You bound to dri-zoun"

And i dont even think you needed to go back to 5-6 years ago. I remember mahority of the releases last year were pretty much hassle free outside of a couple. Seems like all the excessive hype started late 2012

i co sign but i heard ever since those concords hit thats when it all started

yep the 11's are cursed. its official. i cant wait to see how the gamma blue release will be. i hope they sit or are as available as these 5's lol

i co sign but i heard ever since those concords hit thats when it all started

True thats any 11 release though. Im not sure how the Cool Greys were in '10 I wasnt interested. But yeah Space Jam & Concords were ridiculous. Then look at the Blk/Red release last year how FNL was talking about their "draft" but in reality damn near everyone was getting that email saying they had a spot in line which meant nothing hahaha.

December is pretty much the worst month when it comes to picking up shoes ....

i guess its just me but i think they were an easy cop for the following reasons:

1. plain *** white/blk/red cw

i mean cmon, how many boring og cw are they gonna release.
one dude said he was breaking necks wit these? Really...i guess as long as someone looks at your foot your breaking necks....maybe they were pointing out you had on dem plain *** j's and thougt they were tough....no hate just being real. aint nothing neck breaking bout fire reds, at all!!!

I know its an og cw, but so what! that dont make em neck breakers either......damn now im using the term "breaking necks" :smh: .damn NT

1763895_o.gif

i guess its just me but i think they were an easy cop for the following reasons:

one dude said he was breaking necks wit these? Really...i guess as long as someone looks at your foot your breaking necks....maybe they were pointing out you had on dem plain *** j's and thougt they were tough....no hate just being real. aint nothing neck breaking bout fire reds, at all!!!

I know its an og cw, but so what! that dont make em neck breakers either......damn now im using the term "breaking necks" :smh: .damn NT

It is just you. First off, these were considered a General Release.. Which typically means that they are more widely available than a limited release. Yet, they still sold pretty quickly online (multiple times) and in bigger cities. I'm not sure who said they were "breaking necks" but if you were referring to my post about them "turning heads" I'm quite aware what the term means. Just because you dislike a particular shoe doesn't mean it applies for everyone. And that's the beauty of choice, you can choose to buy what you like and want to wear. Same applies to those that like OG colorways.

They aren't neck-breakers, but definitely a nice colorway. Whoever stares at someone's Black Tongue V's must be a newb.

They aren't neck-breakers, but definitely a nice colorway. Whoever stares at someone's Black Tongue V's must be a newb.

All depends on where u live any sneaker i wear "breaks necks" lol theres only a few dudes around here that wear kicks. Just about every time i go somewhere with a crowd of people they comment on my shoes

But i do get what both sides of this argument is saying

^he offered you the black tongues after he saw what you were wearing? Meaning the shoes was not on display? Just asking out of curiosity.
Yupp.  I was looking at some Roshe's when some older lady worker asked if I wanted the fire 5's confident I would get them lol.  I just said yea for the hell of it.  Like I said not sure if I was gonna wear, sell etc.  But after looking on eBay and them not going for much, I'll probably return them.

aint nothing neck breaking bout fire reds, at all!!!

I know its an og cw, but so what! that dont make em neck breakers either

in the history of life itself there has never been a report of an athletic shoe breaking a neck...

just like people do not wear sneakers on their head...

people call out others for being hypebeast but all these labels and terms were created by hypebeasts..

A Hot Shoe is a hot Shoe. I remember 3 years ago when I wore my 2006 pair I "Broke more than a few Necks". I dont mind the term it just depends how you use it. As for Black tongue 5s their a classic Shoe. Better than the other Fire Reds in my Opinion, but as times change styles do too. Once a shoe is marked general release people start hating. If these were a Limited Release people would brag , throw pics up and rape prices. "Bunny" 8s, Fire Red 3s, White and Varsity red 6s, even Cement 3s get slept on and sat a little but these days its because the kids dont like them, But the true collectors and older dudes who appreciate the CW get them and appreciate them. Their not whack because they didnt sell as fast as a hyped up shoe, you just have people who want pairs like Green Glows more smh.

To the people that are trashing this shoe why are you in here?

Shoe came out almost 2 weeks ago. Who cares if a classic shoe doesn't sell out it doesn't make it any less of a classic.

The shoe game is filled with hypebeast who judge a shoe by how limited they are. Grow up kids

Last edited:
^he offered you the black tongues after he saw what you were wearing? Meaning the shoes was not on display? Just asking out of curiosity.
Yupp.  I was looking at some Roshe's when some older lady worker asked if I wanted the fire 5's confident I would get them lol.  I just said yea for the hell of it.  Like I said not sure if I was gonna wear, sell etc.  But after looking on eBay and them not going for much, I'll probably return them.

So you weren't sure if you were going to wear them but after looking on eBay and saw how much they are going for "now" you don't want them?? :lol:

You never wanted them.

To the people that are trashing this shoe why are you in here?

Shoe came out almost 2 weeks ago. Who cares if a classic shoe doesn't sells out it doesn't make it any less of a classic.

The shoe game is filled with hypebeast who judge a shoe by how limited they are. Grow up kids
lol i just said that

I just went through this post to see how long these would hold up if I buy them but all I see if people talking about everything but that. Can we get back to the shoes?

How many ppl wore theirs multiple times and how is the paint holding up?

DIDNT EVEN REALIZE THEY RELEASED AGAIN TILL I SAW SOMEONE WITH THEM ON.. STILL HAVE MY PAIR FROM LIKE 06 OR 07

So you weren't sure if you were going to wear them but after looking on eBay and saw how much they are going for "now" you don't want them??
laugh.gif

You never wanted them.
I really didnt Lol.  In my original post in this thread I said I wasnt sure if I wanted to wear, or sell them.  I jst bought them cuz they were there and so I can have time to think about it. 

Back
Top Bottom