Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

Another pair that I loved but got rid of after a few years.

Def getting two pairs of these Jazzy Jeff 5's :smokin

Man...I love these shoes. My very first Jordan that I purchased for myself after receiving my first paycheck at my first job at 19. Black Tongue 5s will forever have a special place in my heart.
pimp.gif

Man...I love these shoes. My very first Jordan that I purchased for myself after receiving my first paycheck at my first job at 19. Black Tongue 5s will forever have a special place in my heart. :pimp:
That's real nice to hear. I always like hearing from the older heads cause they always have something nostalgic today about jays not like the newer generation smh lord save those people

That's real nice to hear. I always like hearing from the older heads cause they always have something nostalgic today about jays not like the newer generation smh lord save those people
Come on there's some decent people in this generation of sneakerheads lol

So im wondering did the OG black tongues get the stitched 23 on the side or were they blank just like the fire red 5s that came out last january? IMO these are the best 5s the colorway is just sick and a timeless classic!

So im wondering did the OG black tongues get the stitched 23 on the side or were they blank just like the fire red 5s that came out last january? IMO these are the best 5s the colorway is just sick and a timeless classic!

Considering its a timeless classic YOU should know the answer to your own question.:rolleyes

J/K these fire reds always had a #23 on the side. That was the case for the OGs and the Retros from 2006.

View media item 377368
The other fire reds never released with a #23 on the side. Only time they were made with a #23 was on Michael Jordan's player exclusive and the 2008 CDP.

Might be in the minority but I actually prefer the #23 on the side of these fire reds just because these stood out from all the other originals because of that huge #23.

But now a days JB tends to put #23 on every retro 5's :x I'm happy the grapes didn't get that treatment

Considering its a timeless classic YOU should know the answer to your own question.
eyes.gif

J/K these fire reds always had a #23 on the side. That was the case for the OGs and the Retros from 2006.

The other fire reds never released with a #23 on the side. Only time they were made with a #23 was on Michael Jordan's player exclusive and the 2008 CDP.
^^thank you for the info. Sorry i never own any of the black tongue 5s and i admit im fairly new to the history of the AJ5s back when they were originally released. I always thought that all the 5s MJ wore playing hoops (fire red 3m tongue, fire red black tongue, and black metallic) have 23 stitched on side until i found out that the FR 3m tongue werent the case when they originally came out to public.

Considering its a timeless classic YOU should know the answer to your own question.
eyes.gif

Haha answered both my questions. Glad I read before asking lol.

Hope they get the 23 stitched on before release and I hope the leather is more supple than the 2013 Fire Reds.

these MUST have the 23 on the side. the OGs were one of the first shoes to have a 23 on the side and what gave it a PE feel. if they stripped the 23 away from these, i wouldnt buy..no matter how good the quality was. i think that since the Laneys had it, these will too

this 23 done in shadow looked good tho
eyes.gif

these MUST have the 23 on the side. the OGs were one of the first shoes to have a 23 on the side and what gave it a PE feel. if they stripped the 23 away from these, i wouldnt buy..no matter how good the quality was. i think that since the Laneys had it, these will too

Although the #23 makes a huge difference on this pair of 5's, it won't make me pass.

These are top 5 in my list so that's why I'm definetly doubling up 23 or no 23 still :smokin

For some reason the 5's have been a shoe Ive wanted but for what ever reason, missed out on a lot of the releases. So glad more of the 5's are coming out this year.. So these are a pick up for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom