Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

the only thing i fear is the painful sensation in my toes after wearing a pair of these hard pleather 2013 5's

Last edited:
Who cares about those fear V's, I'll take these over them all day.
Yeah I can careless, more interested in the 4's and MAYBE the 3's.  However I am still going to get the retro 5's.
Everyone cares.  Have you visited the Fear Pack thread?  Even before the Fear 5's were found to be the most limited of the three, everyone was going BONKERS for them.
Yeah I am over there and I can careless about the Fear 5's the material used on them looks horrible.
Can't find one person who is't in LOVE with the fear 5's in the fear pack thread.  But since this is the fire red 5 thread, that is why there are 2 people who don't like the fear 5's.  You like the fire reds so that's why you and buddy are here, while the rest of NT is over in the other thread swooning over the fear 5's.
Either you are trolling this thread, or you aren't really in that Fear thread like you say you are.  Plenty of people were NOT in love with the Fear 5's before even hearing limited release, me being one of them.

Nah there is a decent sized group that wanted the fear v from the start, gr,qs whatever ... Me bring one of them

Last time I checked the Fear thread, most people were hating on the V. But that was a week or two ago.

These Fire Reds here are the quintessential V in my opinion. Even though my 06 pair is still in beautiful shape, I wouldn't mind doubling up just because.

Nah there is a decent sized group that wanted the fear v from the start, gr,qs whatever ... Me bring one of them
Oh I know, but dude was making it seemed like 99% of thread were wanting the V's when it is more like 30% for each pair with 10% just hating the pack completely.

I hope I can scoop a pair, looking at these, they might be underrated and regret may set in for some in the not too distant future.

Basically yes...most everyone wants the Fear 5's in the Fear pack thread.  Simply go to the thread before posting useless crap here.

But we put this to bed, and other people keep bringing it up so good job on perpetuating the argument now into a second day in this thread.

I want to grab these black tongues but it's looking like quality is poor.

Oh I know, but dude was making it seemed like 99% of thread were wanting the V's when it is more like 30% for each pair with 10% just hating the pack completely.
Totally wrong.  Giving you the benefit of the doubt, 80% of the people are going nuts for the fear 5's in that thread.

I like the over all design, but a part of me still has trouble liking those blue tinted bottoms instead of just regular clear :/

Oh. My. Gosh.

INSERT TRAIN DERAIL GIF HERE

Can we get back to the black tongues please y'all. If you to to talk about fears, go to the fear thread. I regret even bringing them up.

August 31st came pretty quick. Feels like August 3rd was yesterday

Feel pretty confident about this release. Will be doing the same thing I did for the Fire Red IIIs and Toro Bravo IVs: sneak into the mall through the employee entrance while everyone else is waiting outside, thus being first in line... :pimp: Will be doing this for the rest of the releases.

Until the catch you and ban you from the mall, lol. That's an excellent idea tho. I would try that but the champs employees to to the doors and give out gaurenteed tickets to the people in line a my mall.

I just don't understand JB.  They releasing classic stuff like this but materials are garbage.  Why?

Yeah, I was hoping these were gonna be made of better materials but it looks like the same quality as the grapes, no frills. Kinda dissapointed. The Laney's are a nice tumbled leather. I know these aren't supposed to be tumbled, but I was hoping for a better quality leather.

^Yeah you are definitely going to have to try since a lot of people skipped the Metallic Fire Reds and the FR IIIs for these. It is a more hyped shoe.

For those of you wanting these, production numbers are looking fairly high, so don't stress too much.
You should be fine.
Wear your shoes, kids.
:nerd:

High or low I'm still getting multiple pairs :D

Mannnn this wait is killing me

tumblr_m8v6lwYJf21r8pzmho1_500.gif

Until the catch you and ban you from the mall, lol. That's an excellent idea tho. I would try that but the champs employees to to the doors and give out gaurenteed tickets to the people in line a my mall.
Yeah, I was hoping these were gonna be made of better materials but it looks like the same quality as the grapes, no frills. Kinda dissapointed. The Laney's are a nice tumbled leather. I know these aren't supposed to be tumbled, but I was hoping for a better quality leather.
Lol, they can't ban me. I work at the mall. How it works is, everyone waits outside, then when it hits 7:00, mall security opens the mall doors for mall walkers and everyone walks over to the Finish Line and forms a line there. As long as I'm inside mall premises not a minute before 7:00, they don't care. I just stand by the door and stare at my watch. As soon as my watch tells me 7:00:00, I just waltz right in and form a line myself. If your Champs does guaranteed tickets, I'd imagine it would work the same way. Find out what your mall rules are and learn the employee entrances.

Last edited:
Same I always like the Fear Vs. But I was late to the bandwagon since I wasnt paying attention to the fear pack thread. Always hated the IIIs and my opinion kept flip flopping for the IVs. I just decided they are nice but not copworthy.
Good luck to everyone who wants these and the fear pack

Have any of you heard anything about how these are holding up/the quality out the box? Some of these newer JB releases are kinda sketchy on that kind of stuff...

Back
Top Bottom