Air Jordan V "Black Grapes" QS

Im not even going to be mad if i my store doesn't have them since its looking like a limited release. Im sure a reseller is going to have a decent price with these.

The powdery look on these sneaks when I saw them in person yesterday gave me the impression someone threw powder on these like how Hulk Hogan threw powder in Sgt. Slaughter's face to win that Summerslam 1991 "A Match Made In Hell" handicap match.

2nd straight saturday sleeping in...feels like im taking the month of June off from shoes....Congrats to those who copped...IMO i think the whites look better and im glad i got those, had i not, id be a little salty 

Ok so now that I'm home from the chaos let me chronicle this one. Lol

Me and my boy pull up to footlocker at 130am here in SA to find we're the 3rd car there. So we bust out the lawn chairs and chill. Couple of annoying *** college kids start talkin bout how they noticed some kids carrying off Jordan boxes from the side of the store. No one really pays them any attention though. So then around maybe 3 an officer walks up and asks what we're out there for. Dude then says that the silent alarm had gone off but he seemed more interested in the grapes than anything else.

Bout 9 or so 1st employee shows up. Dude goes in and about 3 mins later comes out sayin that all their black grapes had been stolen. He honestly looked like someone had shot his mom! Funny thing was that initially nobody in line budged. After the cops get there the employee comes back out and informs us that their are "a couple pair left". Supposedly the store had received a combined total (mens and gs) of around 160 pair. So at this point people are hanging around just to see what's really good, but a few people decided to give up and left.

After about another half hour of the police taking statements and checking things inside, another employee comes out with a stack of at least 30 tickets. Apparently the 1st employee had vastly overstated the number of pairs stolen. I was able to snag my sz 14, and a sz 10. Looking at the prices tho I think I may resell.

2nd straight saturday sleeping in...feels like im taking the month of June off from shoes....Congrats to those who copped...IMO i think the whites look better and im glad i got those, had i not, id be a little salty 
black grapes>white grapes

Me and my boy pull up to footlocker at 130am here in SA to find we're the 3rd car there. So we bust out the lawn chairs and chill. Couple of annoying *** college kids start talkin bout how they noticed some kids carrying off Jordan boxes from the side of the store. No one really pays them any attention though. So then around maybe 3 an officer walks up and asks what we're out there for. Dude then says that the silent alarm had gone off but he seemed more interested in the grapes than anything else.

Bout 9 or so 1st employee shows up. Dude goes in and about 3 mins later comes out sayin that all their black grapes had been stolen. He honestly looked like someone had shot his mom! Funny thing was that initially nobody in line budged. After the cops get there the employee comes back out and informs us that their are "a couple pair left". Supposedly the store had received a combined total (mens and gs) of around 160 pair. So at this point people are hanging around just to see what's really good, but a few people decided to give up and left.

After about another half hour of the police taking statements and checking things inside, another employee comes out with a stack of at least 30 tickets. Apparently the 1st employee had vastly overstated the number of pairs stolen. I was able to snag my sz 14, and a sz 10. Looking at the prices tho I think I may resell.
thats crazy...when concords released i saw a few people running off the side with boxes, but that was a backdoor type thing...glad you copped tho..knowing me, when the employee said they got robbed, the salt would have drove me home

Silent alarm doesn't sound like such a good idea.. imagine if a loud alarm went off, the whole queue of sneakerheads would have been after blood on some judge dredd ****. Its your lucky day and you are reselling though? (smh)

Last edited:
Wasn't too impress with these. The ashyness on my pair made them look ugly. If only it were durabuck, then these would've looked dope.

Silent alarm doesn't sound like such a good idea.. imagine if a loud alarm went off, the whole queue of sneakerheads would have been after blood on some judge dredd ****. Its your lucky day and you are reselling though? (smh)

Bought one for me one to resell. Normally wouldn't but I cant pass it up. Lol

What really says that they are limited?  I don't know either way but it seems there are plenty based on reports of people getting many.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom