Air Jordan V "Black Grapes" QS

pre-order here is $245 shipped.  Not saying you should, but better than some other prices I've seen.  Only sizes 8,9,12,13.

Not sure whether these will be QS or just a limited GR, so we'll come to see if this was a good price.  Not sure they could have made these in the same numbers as the white Grape.

I've never ordered from them, but seems legit.

http://deadstocknj.bigcartel.com/product/air-jordan-5-black-grape
read in the grape thread that they are legit...

Ask your local stores they may have good info for you on whether or not they'll be available.

Since there is a supposed RD of June 1, you'd think more stores would know about their availability, but maybe not.

it just seemed that there was a good sense of Grapes being distributed widely with more than 3 weeks notice.

My local Champs which carried the white Grapes this weekend did not know if they'll have the black grapes.

Dunno, just seems like the numbers will be less, but if demand isn't high they could be easy to get on RD.

but nothing is easy, and a pre-order is no guarantee, especially if they turn out to be much more limited.

And who knows the demand?

People may think 245 is great now and then hate the shoe, even if limited.

But you'd probably be able to get that back if you no-like and were diligent, or could get a decent trade out of it.

Trust your gut

Are these GR? Or should I pay 245 for preorder
Rumored QS like the title says, have heard and read plenty of places say limited (almost like the red/wht 14s last year but not royal 1s limited)

Personally I dont like pre-order because its not guaranteed especially from those bigcartel sites. Those just average joe resellers that can get numerous pairs not like a mom n pop reseller that marks up prices. So they will just grab what they can. Honestly though its your choice, but if I were you (going the preorder route) I would just wait it out and then closer to RD and you here quantities are limited you could pre-order then. But not this far in advance
Try for retail!
Ask your local stores they may have good info for you on whether or not they'll be available.

Since there is a supposed RD of June 1, you'd think more stores would know about their availability, but maybe not.

it just seemed that there was a good sense of Grapes being distributed widely with more than 3 weeks notice.

My local Champs which carried the white Grapes this weekend did not know if they'll have the black grapes.

Dunno, just seems like the numbers will be less, but if demand isn't high they could be easy to get on RD.

but nothing is easy, and a pre-order is no guarantee, especially if they turn out to be much more limited.
Agreed.

Depending on your area, is sometimes how far in advance they know when they get stock. My local FTL generally doesnt know until a week or so away from RD so its like a surprise. And they hardly ever get good releases so its like a guessing game. But I think for the most part stores wont know their quantity until a few weeks out.

B
Rumored QS like the title says, have heard and read plenty of places say limited (almost like the red/wht 14s last year but not royal 1s limited)
Personally I dont like pre-order because its not guaranteed especially from those bigcartel sites. Those just average joe resellers that can get numerous pairs not like a mom n pop reseller that marks up prices. So they will just grab what they can. Honestly though its your choice, but if I were you (going the preorder route) I would just wait it out and then closer to RD and you here quantities are limited you could pre-order then. But not this far in advance

Try for retail!

Agreed.

Depending on your area, is sometimes how far in advance they know when they get stock. My local FTL generally doesnt know until a week or so away from RD so its like a surprise. And they hardly ever get good releases so its like a guessing game. But I think for the most part stores wont know their quantity until a few weeks out.
[/quote

Thanks

In the UK Size? are stocking them, which suggests a GR as they never get the limited or QS shoes 

Those GS look amazing! All the GS releases lately have been superb quality. I've seen the purple XIIIs, pink/gray XIIIs and Floridian Vs in person and all were amazing.

GS quality > Men's quality. Which makes absolutely no sense, IMO. Men's sizes are the most popular and cost more. You'd think they'd put the extra quality into them. Oh well //end rant

Kids continue to get the nubuck treatment while Men get the ashy suede huh?
mean.gif
I honestly understand the ashy talk about suede but in the end most still gonna go try to buy. I dont care suede or nubuck really I want these. But this PR photo for the GS size .. I mean got damn
pimp.gif

PR photo for the mens

April 23 photo

vs

May 6th photo

It's too bad because the Nubuck GS size looks amazing.

They did this when the Varsity Red 6's came out, we got Suede, Kids got Nubuck.

Regardless of suede vs. nubuck I still like them. To me black jordans always had a cleaner look than the white ones

I agree in hoping/wishing they'd be like those Floridian V's. Saw them on Saturday when I copped my Grapes. Really good looking shoe, quality wise. The color way reminds me of Dunkin' Donuts lol

Hopefully this makes these easy to get....

The end of JB's fiscal year is 5/31/13, and a few inside sources have confirmed that JB will unload the boat of anything sitting, to pad yearly numbers.... These are confirmed restocks set for 5/25/13 along with lots of other Nikes... More info to come...

Fire Red 5s
Bred 13s

White Cement 3 88s (online only on all websites)
Bred 11s
Grape 5s
Thunder 4s (finishline only)
White Cement 4s (some footlockers and HOH)

Still waiting on info on 1's...... Will have later today....

*Foams...*

Fighter Jets

Stealth

Pink

Lots of Lebron X's and KDs also

Hopefully this makes these easy to get....

The end of JB's fiscal year is 5/31/13, and a few inside sources have confirmed that JB will unload the boat of anything sitting, to pad yearly numbers.... These are confirmed restocks set for 5/25/13 along with lots of other Nikes... More info to come...

Fire Red 5s
Bred 13s

White Cement 3 88s (online only on all websites)
Bred 11s
Grape 5s
Thunder 4s (finishline only)
White Cement 4s (some footlockers and HOH)

Still waiting on info on 1's...... Will have later today....

*Foams...*

Fighter Jets

Stealth

Pink

Lots of Lebron X's and KDs also
Foams too? If so Im all over those stealths, would be my first pair of foams passing on everything else even black toes. Gonna be a tough 2 weeks if thats true. Foams Black Grapes & Kobe elites .. while im on vacation. Money management is in effect. Few months ago I was thinking I could ball out on vacation but not now lol

Back
Top Bottom