Air Jordan V Black Metallic 2011 Vol. 23 Stitched

Originally Posted by Hyalite

The people at JB are elitists.  They think they're preserving the value or heritage of OGs from 20+ yrs ago by making changes to retros.  This is why they won't just make a classic the way it's supposed to be made.

But what's wrong with simply releasing a spot-on retro once in a decade??  Most OGs have crumbled by now, and the retros from 2000-01 are barely wearable.  This goes for the Infrared VIs, too. 
Still wear my 2000 Space Jams, and Black/Cement 3's just fine.   So not all retros from 2000-2001 are barely wearable. 

The people at JB are elitists.  They think they're preserving the value or heritage of OGs from 20+ yrs ago by making changes to retros.  This is why they won't just make a classic the way it's supposed to be made.

But what's wrong with simply releasing a spot-on retro once in a decade??  Most OGs have crumbled by now, and the retros from 2000-01 are barely wearable.  This goes for the Infrared VIs, too. 
Still wear my 2000 Space Jams, and Black/Cement 3's just fine.   So not all retros from 2000-2001 are barely wearable. 

cant wait for these
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Yup not all. My 99 white cement & black/red IV's are wearable as hell!...for now.
laugh.gif

Yup not all. My 99 white cement & black/red IV's are wearable as hell!...for now.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Daver

laugh.gif

Yeah, I know a bunch of NT'ers here who break out their '99's once in a while. 

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

a good part of my shoes are from that era and still wearable to this day. still wear black/cement iii's, black/infared; midnight navy; olympic vi's, white/fire red v's. i'll wear my '99 white/cement iv's once or twice this year and will retire them due to cracking on the midsoles.

laugh.gif

a good part of my shoes are from that era and still wearable to this day. still wear black/cement iii's, black/infared; midnight navy; olympic vi's, white/fire red v's. i'll wear my '99 white/cement iv's once or twice this year and will retire them due to cracking on the midsoles.

I don't understand JB, they use the right material for the wolf grays, a retro plus colorway, but then do this?

I don't understand JB, they use the right material for the wolf grays, a retro plus colorway, but then do this?

Originally Posted by Magic1978

I don't get it, the right material for what? This is the first time the Wolf Greys have released, so I don't really see how there's any "right" or "wrong" way to do them, they're the first of their kind. Surely you didn't mean using the WG material on these.. BTW, only one "Y" in Skyzoo
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom