Air Jordan V Black Metallic 2011 Vol. 23 Stitched

I like the shoe and love this colorway of it so I'll be buying it. just a shoe i like to me and will probably wear it so whatever.

I like the shoe and love this colorway of it so I'll be buying it. just a shoe i like to me and will probably wear it so whatever.

They're aight and I will cop, but JB is getting real cheap on quality. I just hope they don't screw with the Obsidian XII's. I will be heart broken.

They're aight and I will cop, but JB is getting real cheap on quality. I just hope they don't screw with the Obsidian XII's. I will be heart broken.

There is nothing wrong with the suede used on last year's VI.
30t6p3b.gif

That was the main complaint before the shoe dropped and after dudes saw them in the store they were swooped with the quickness. The only thing dudes could find fault with was the varsity red hue. Dudes even went out and purchased the infrared pack just for the color change.

Furthermore, the nubuck they used on the 07 V retro was %!!@*$. That shoe would look like it had 100 wears after 7 or so wears. Not a good look. Now the VIs from last year still look good after many wears.

So where are the gripes stemming from? I'd take the furry suede over that useless nubuck any day.

Much ado about nothing.
30t6p3b.gif

There is nothing wrong with the suede used on last year's VI.
30t6p3b.gif

That was the main complaint before the shoe dropped and after dudes saw them in the store they were swooped with the quickness. The only thing dudes could find fault with was the varsity red hue. Dudes even went out and purchased the infrared pack just for the color change.

Furthermore, the nubuck they used on the 07 V retro was %!!@*$. That shoe would look like it had 100 wears after 7 or so wears. Not a good look. Now the VIs from last year still look good after many wears.

So where are the gripes stemming from? I'd take the furry suede over that useless nubuck any day.

Much ado about nothing.
30t6p3b.gif

Hmmm.........think I'll hunt for a 2000 or 07 pair. Hopefully a 2000 pair. Found some 2000 infrareds that are wearable, hope I can find a pair of 2000 metallic Vs too. Plus it'll complete my Nike Air collection. Might cop a 07 pair later to rock.

Hmmm.........think I'll hunt for a 2000 or 07 pair. Hopefully a 2000 pair. Found some 2000 infrareds that are wearable, hope I can find a pair of 2000 metallic Vs too. Plus it'll complete my Nike Air collection. Might cop a 07 pair later to rock.

I have 2 07' pairs and one of which has a yellowed sole and yellowed netting..but I still wear them as go to beaters when I don't feel like wearing any other shoes. I love these V's..always have loved the AJ V's..but this time around, I'll probably pass..and concentrate on a few GS sizes seeing as that JB doesn't put the same materials on GS sizes. I'll grab a pair for my lady and that'll be good enough for me..
grin.gif

I have 2 07' pairs and one of which has a yellowed sole and yellowed netting..but I still wear them as go to beaters when I don't feel like wearing any other shoes. I love these V's..always have loved the AJ V's..but this time around, I'll probably pass..and concentrate on a few GS sizes seeing as that JB doesn't put the same materials on GS sizes. I'll grab a pair for my lady and that'll be good enough for me..
grin.gif

The people at JB are elitists.  They think they're preserving the value or heritage of OGs from 20+ yrs ago by making changes to retros.  This is why they won't just make a classic the way it's supposed to be made.

But what's wrong with simply releasing a spot-on retro once in a decade??  Most OGs have crumbled by now, and the retros from 2000-01 are barely wearable.  This goes for the Infrared VIs, too. 

The people at JB are elitists.  They think they're preserving the value or heritage of OGs from 20+ yrs ago by making changes to retros.  This is why they won't just make a classic the way it's supposed to be made.

But what's wrong with simply releasing a spot-on retro once in a decade??  Most OGs have crumbled by now, and the retros from 2000-01 are barely wearable.  This goes for the Infrared VIs, too. 

Originally Posted by Hyalite

you said it best.  you can't even wear the older jordans anymore.  i don't understand why they can't just made a great retro.  people know that they are new and not the OG's.  jordan brand are just cheap.  quality is cheap and this is why i hardly buy JB products anymore.  it's a shame because JB has become a joke to me now.

Originally Posted by Hyalite

you said it best.  you can't even wear the older jordans anymore.  i don't understand why they can't just made a great retro.  people know that they are new and not the OG's.  jordan brand are just cheap.  quality is cheap and this is why i hardly buy JB products anymore.  it's a shame because JB has become a joke to me now.

Back
Top Bottom