Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

My footlocker order status reads In process on account, however my order has been shipped from Eastbay, INC and I didn’t even placed the order from them.

My footlocker order status reads In process on account, however my order has been shipped from Eastbay, INC and I didn’t even placed the order from them.

same company with shared inventory.

footlocker, champs, footaction, and Eastbay,... same pig with different makeup

Before I graduated design school, I visited the Nike campus and was in the presence of some great memorabilia. Among them, his 69-point game shoes...
IMG_0319.JPG

The overall toe shape definitely looks better. But it’s almost an illusion. Shortening the the cut on the toe rand makes it look less bulbous but it also makes it look way off from top down. Too wide. Nike needs to get back to doing the rolled toe like they did back in 2000 and prior.

Imo this shoe was a nice try. It’s not a slap in the face like most of the past retros but there’s a ton of room for improvement. Besides the toebox, which still isn’t fixed, the material is disappointing. Sure it’s not as stiff as the 2013 but it’s not the soft, defect-free and crease-resistant synthetic leather they used on the og and the 2000. That original material (durabuck) isn’t particularly “nice” but it makes for the perfect white upper on a sneaker.
Ya you’re right the toe needs to be “flattened” more at the end, with a little taller toe rand but smoother angle.
But overall, I think this looks much much better than previous retro 5s, Ill take this toe any day. Maybe by the time they get around to retroing my black tongues they’ll get it right!! :rofl:

Footlocker just cancelled one of my pairs. Oh well, I impulse bought from them anyway. I already received my pair from SOTF and DTLR is working on the other pair for my pops. For those of you that ordered from footlocker late in the day and even received a confirmation email, be mindful that there exists the possibility of a cancellation email. I hope if you really wanted a pair though, you do get it
I ordered from FTL yesterday (Monday at noon) and got shipping email this evening.

I actually copped from Champs, not Finish Line as I mistakenly said on Saturday. I havent received an email shipping confirmation, only the original order confirmation, but when I check the order status it says SHIPPED...no tracking info though.

I actually copped from Champs, not Finish Line as I mistakenly said on Saturday. I havent received an email shipping confirmation, only the original order confirmation, but when I check the order status it says SHIPPED...no tracking info though.

Do you have ups my choice?
If you don't you should sign up
My order says the same thing on champs
Never received shipping confirmation from champs and it says order shipped
We will probably get the shipping email later
My baby is a healthy 4.30lbs :lol:

Got an order confirmation letter from FTL yesterday and just got my cancellation letter an hour ago. Fml! Anyone ever email them back complaining? Maybe I can get $20 out of this. Lol

My pair comes in tomorrow from lapstone.

excited to see what the leather looks like in person, hoping it isn’t too glossy. A flatter white would’ve been perfect on these. From the pics I’ve seen it looks like that leather from the varsity red 6s(last retro I had that seems comparable).
It's not as bad as some pictures make it seem. I thought they were going to be super shiny or glossy but was pleasantly surprised to see they weren't. The leather is pretty nice though, you should be happy with these.

Got shipping a notification from Nike. Arriving tomorrow. GOAT cancelled my order and gave me refund. The seller was on that stuff.

How the hell are y'all getting your orders shipped when you ordered after me? Mine still says Backordered as of this morning.

What the ****

So my order got canceled via email late last night. They still got my 212 bucks.....

ATL Fam, have you seen any pairs in stores, not sure who's open or not

With the metallic v na pair I went half a size up and around the top area of my toes it was stiff. Which I liked. But when I took the sneaker off I could still feel like I had the sneaker on. Then I tryed for a size up and they felt comfortable.

With this release ( my wide foot people) you can actually get away with going down a half size or stay with ur true size. There’s plenty of room in the toe area. A lot of play room.
I see. I was confused why you would say they run huge but go TTS. Thanks for the explanation.

Yeah.....like 4 of them all holding the lace, shoe and lace lock. It was nutting setting it up and shooting the photo. The editing in photoshop is actually the easier thing.
That was a great photo. Gonna show my wife she loves photography.

Went to check my order status on my FTA restock pair and it’s not on my account. My order # won’t pull up on order status. It previously said preparing to ship from store sku. Anybody have similar/insight?

Back
Top Bottom