Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

Well NT fam, I don’t get the chance to post as much anymore, I’ve been deployed to the Middle East since February and been hearing/ watching all the Corona craziness from afar. Somehow got lucky (and had enough internet connection) to cop a pair for my little man (who just turned 2 yesterday) and myself from all the way out here. I won’t see my boy or my 5s until almost the end of the year, but as always can’t wait to rock them and go matchy matchy with my son. Congrats to all who got a pair, from what I’ve been reading these came out pretty nice! Also wanted to give a shout to @Nelson C for taking the time to check up on me, it was a pleasant surprise. Much love to all the NT fam, stay safe out there!
Thank you for your service.
Interesting, my shoes have shipped and I have no charge on my card. 🤔
Don't worry they'll get you. FTL got me yesterday.

Waiting on my Eastbay refund from the order they immediately canceled but took the money two damn days later.

Finally got my pair from eastbay
20200509_105159.jpg

Nike is a publicly traded company. Nike exists now to appease it's shareholders and make them money. Mass produce in the cheapest possible way is what drives them. The only credit i'll give JB is the genius in marketing and what they release and tease us with. Like you said, they troll us dangling what we really want and create this 'hype' and mystique with these retro releases. It would cost Nike next to nothing to make a million pairs of Chicago 1s and hell even upcharge them for $250/pair, but if they did that, they would lose that hand in marketing.

I like companies like NB because they are small and remain privately held. Because of that, it gives customers a nice healthy range of price point products from their low end made in Vietnam stuff, to their high end made in USA stuff.
Speaking of that everytime I buy a Nike sneaker which is mostly Jordan I also buy at least the same amount worth of stock in NKE. I’ve been doing this for years and was told when I started smoking 30 years ago to buy stock in Phillip Morris to the tune of how much you spend on smokes per year and it will pay for my filthy habit which it has done and then some. Same with Nike as the returns on the stock has paid for my sneaker addiction

Question. My shoes are being shipped from THE SNKRS release last week. However, I did not see the "Got 'Em" notification in the app.
Does that happen alot to other people? Part of the joy is getting that notification.

For you folks that are still showing "ship from store" on FTL/FTA/Champs, don't give up hope yet. My buddy ordered a pair off one of the Champs "restocks" last Sunday, and they finally shipped this morning.

So do they clue you in on those “restocks”? I need my first pair of this retro.

Question. My shoes are being shipped from THE SNKRS release last week. However, I did not see the "Got 'Em" notification in the app.
Does that happen alot to other people? Part of the joy is getting that notification.

In my experience, if you're on an Android device, you have very little chance of getting the 'Got 'em' screen even with a Win.

The app is just really wonky for Android users. For example, before every release I have to log out and log back in just so the shoe in question doesn't go straight to sold out.

I think on iOS, the app works much much better.

In my experience, if you're on an Android device, you have very little chance of getting the 'Got 'em' screen even with a Win.

The app is just really wonky for Android users. For example, before every release I have to log out and log back in just so the shoe in question doesn't go straight to sold out.

I think on iOS, the app works much much better.

I believe you. Cause when I try to buy any new Jordan release, I have to enter my size. But with any other shoe release , the size default to the size I chose

For you folks that are still showing "ship from store" on FTL/FTA/Champs, don't give up hope yet. My buddy ordered a pair off one of the Champs "restocks" last Sunday, and they finally shipped this morning.
that would be great, mine still shows shipping from store ready to be picked up.

on another note finally got shipment info from dtlr as mentioned above and can quite thinking of buying another pair before resell rises.

that would be great, mine still shows shipping from store ready to be picked up.

on another note finally got shipment info from dtlr as mentioned above and can quite thinking of buying another pair before resell rises.

Hopefully you'll be ok. His was stuck on that for like 3-4 days.

The last 2 pairs came in yesterday from from BSTN and FTA, pairs came in good condition, box was a little banged up on the hinges where it opens at the sides but that’s not a big deal at all! Also the BSTN shipping box is funny lol....

So glad to have the Fire Red Vs in my collection!

418EA631-4A3B-4262-9D03-5B7841CF3D2B.jpeg

BE62EA6C-9B97-4AA6-B8C6-04C7BCF50CFE.jpeg

643B035F-E34D-447C-BCC9-0645F215F45B.jpeg

AE14766F-E39B-4D2C-966B-58C36AE3AC6F.jpeg
way unnecessary

Back
Top Bottom