Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

I ordered 3 pairs, eastbay footaction and finishline. My eastbay pair came usps on Friday, and I'm tracking the other 2 through ups right now. A pair just showed up usps from footlocker, who I didn't order any from and have zero email history with, and I don't see any charges from them on my account. Oh, and no invoice in the box, just the shoes. Can anyone explain what the hell just happened to me?

Eastbay, footaction, champs, and footlocker is one in the same.

What looks to be going on is when you order from any of the FLX stores, they are trying to pull local stock (remember, these shoes have been sitting at your local store since 1/2020) and get them shipped direct from store. While this process is not new for the footsites, the sheer amount of orders combined with variable stock means mistakes will happen. This is why you're seeing a lot of cancelled orders.

As for your mystery pair, my guess is they tried to fulfill your order, couldn't find local stock from the local footaction, and had to ship from a local footlocker. But then the footaction pair processed and shipped.

I ordered 3 pairs, eastbay footaction and finishline. My eastbay pair came usps on Friday, and I'm tracking the other 2 through ups right now. A pair just showed up usps from footlocker, who I didn't order any from and have zero email history with, and I don't see any charges from them on my account. Oh, and no invoice in the box, just the shoes. Can anyone explain what the hell just happened to me?
One of my pairs was through footaction and showed up as foot locker as well. I'm pretty sure it's because foot locker owns footaction.

Last edited:
For me the half size difference makes them feel less bulky. I couldn't explain it until I put both shoes next to each other. Left pair is 9 and right pair is 9.5. I didn't think it would be such a noticeable difference, but it is.

My professionally measured size is 9.5. I had 9.5s on the 2013 version and they are fine. I'm 9.5 on every other Jordan.

20200510_122433.jpg
images

98a56c171daabf37d2158c8382712725.jpg

I risked getting the rona to cop a pair
:smh: :stoneface:
This thread is comedy with all the stories and mishaps, from cancellations, delayed shipping, free pairs and people driving from store to store. Crazy times 😂
:lol:
This is definitely going to go down in NT lore, especially when things eventually get back to normal, even though it's a long ways away. The Great Fire Red V Coronallation/Shipping Debacle.

Took 64 mins to get a human on phone at Eastbay.
Said canceled order charges should fall off within 3-5 business days and then can take 3-7 business days for money to be released by your financial institution.

Said canceled order charges should fall off within 3-5 business days and then can take 3-7 business days for money to be released by your financial institution.
This is a genuine question and not meant to be rude or insensitive to anyone ...
There seems to always be a lot of concern and complaining about this "money being tied up" for several days issue. Are people typically buying this stuff with the last remaining available credit on their cards, or the last couple hundred dollars in their debit accounts? Otherwise, what difference does it make as long as it comes back and doesn't take a month to do so?

This is a genuine question and not meant to be rude or insensitive to anyone ...
There seems to always be a lot of concern and complaining about this "money being tied up" for several days issue. Are people typically buying this stuff with the last remaining available credit on their cards, or the last couple hundred dollars in their debit accounts? Otherwise, what difference does it make as long as it comes back and doesn't take a month to do so?
My issue is I placed the order and it was immediately canceled. Then they took out the money 2 business days later. They never should have taken the money to start with.

And the longer a company holds YOUR money then they are making money off it in the form of interest that you can't be making because you don't have the money.

I don't like owing someone money. And I really don't like being owed money.

My issue is I placed the order and it was immediately canceled. Then they took out the money 2 business days later. They never should have taken the money to start with.

And the longer a company holds YOUR money then they are making money off it in the form of interest that you can't be making because you don't have the money.

Your not paying interest if they refund it. So it’s basically just “tied up”

JG WENTWORTH.jpg

Sheesh. Sure is annoying they can take money from you instantly but takes sooooo long to get it back.

So in hand I am just not super wowed by these. The leather on the toebox seems so thin. And all of the panels don't look exactly the same. It's synthetic leather. No reason it's not uniform other then crap production.

Attachments

• 20200511_173655.jpg
    20200511_173655.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 176
Your not paying interest if they refund it. So it’s basically just “tied up”
No. They are holding my and many others money to easily the tune of thousands of dollars that they are earning interest on in their bank account.

It's money that if in my account then I could be earning the interest on it.

I get it as just a complaint in principle, I just fail to see the real-world impact. You aren't making any interest from $220 in your bank account over the course of a week or two, beyond a couple of cents. But as we always say on here, I ain't worried about other people's money. I only asked because it gets mentioned all the time in various threads.

So in hand I am just not super wowed by these. The leather on the toebox seems so thin. And all of the panels don't look exactly the same. It's synthetic leather. No reason it's not uniform other then crap production.

I think the real problem are those terrible black laces yours came with for some reason. :sick: :sick: :sick:

:wink::D

Just a heads up. if you bought multiple pairs and decide to return them, they are holding returns in quarantined quarters until they can be processed thus your refund will be delayed.

No. They are holding my and many others money to easily the tune of thousands of dollars that they are earning interest on in their bank account.

It's money that if in my account then I could be earning the interest on it.
I dint believe they earn interest on payments that get refunded. But how much interest are u earning off the $200? Point is not much if any over the course of a year even if in a money market account.

I dint believe they earn interest on payments that get refunded. But how much interest are u earning off the $200? Point is not much if any over the course of a year even if in a money market accoun.
It's the principle of it.

For me it's next to nothing.

But for them when you consider how many thousands of times a year they screw folks with cancelations and then all the money that results in. They making money.

I'm sure for most it's principal and it seems it is taking several weeks to a month..... plus it's like interest free money these retailers are holding especially if it's thousands of orders.

Back
Top Bottom