Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

Completely agree. I don’t know what’s wrong with those people and why they keep saying that Lol. It’s as if they are somehow just now discovering how an AJ5 actually looks in person? It’s quite confusing to hear people say they’re “bulky”. I honestly don’t know what that means lol. All I can say is that they’ve always been built that way? Lol
Yeah. It’s probably a bunch of kids who never existed in the 90’s and this is the first time they are buying a Jordan 5 after buying yeezys and wearing them with no show ankle socks and fashion nova men’s joggers.

Acting like these are Ewing 33 Highs or something. :lol:

Im

Seeing these pics made me realize that I kinda wish the ankle pods were more pronounced on the 2020 pair. Everyone saying the most recent pair looks ‘bulbous’ and I’m seeing the opposite with how slim the ankle pods look side by side.
You also have to take into account that the 2013 pair in the pic has been worn and stretched out around the ankle

You also have to take into account that the 2013 pair in the pic has been worn and stretched out around the ankle

Even with that said, I was looking at a pair of deadstock silver tongue 5's that I had and the ankle pods had more curve to them.

Don't get me wrong, I bought 4 pairs of these sneakers and I love them.

Fire. Leather on these are soft. Impressed. Although 1 sneaker from each pair had a flaw. So I took the right sneaker from FNL and the left sneaker from Eastbay. The right eastbay had some white mark and the left fnl had a cut. You know where I'm sending these two :lol:. Stockx. Keeping the other two. Nike did a pretty solid job on these remastered 2020 fire red silver tongues. 🔥

FNL in the back. Eastbay in the front.
aviary-image-1589159522628.jpeg
aviary-image-1589159040692.jpeg
aviary-image-1589159180816.jpeg
aviary-image-1589159276312.jpeg
aviary-image-1589159744959.jpeg
aviary-image-1589159898111.jpeg

Triple 5 family. Hoping to add more members.
aviary-image-1589160279827.jpeg

Also, these people complaining about bulkiness fo the Vs, conveniently forget that LITERALLY BULKY SHOE (Balenciaga Triple S) was the hottest shoes in like the last 3 years. lol

Reported. :lol:

Man, get all the way the hell outta this thread with that talk. "The hottest shoes". Lol. Nobody here cares about those type of trash kicks.

Last edited:
That’s exactly what I thought. They are definitely slimmer. Wear testers compared them to the 99s and said the 2020s were bulbous so maybe the OGs are even slimmer? I haven’t held a pair since I was a kid, so, idk
The OG 5s really didn’t even have “ankle pods” at all.. They had slightly more padding around the ankle, but there really was not a defined “pod” or whatever. It was all just kinda smooth.. Maybe I’ll post pics later if I remember.

Also I’ve noticed on OG 5s just looking at pictures that the ankle pods/ankle cushioning thickness varied quite a lot from pair to pair.. Some are nearly non existent, some are much more defined.

The OG 5s really didn’t even have “ankle pods” at all.. They had slightly more padding around the ankle, but there really was not a defined “pod” or whatever. It was all just kinda smooth.. Maybe I’ll post pics later if I remember.
What he said is on point. OG and 99 had more streamlined slim appearance overall. Actually 2020 don’t really look close especially when viewed from the top and back.

This feels like the old days, when you sent a money order through mail, and had to wait 2-3 weeks for the kicks to arrive SMH

Next thing you know Nike will make us mail in our order like the old eastbay catalogs as part of a retro story-telling or something lol

Last edited:
Shock drop pair took about 11-12 days to ship. It might be the same for the snkrs drop? I didn’t upgrade to 2-day shipping.

From what I’ve heard with that is it works for some and some they don’t honor the 2 day shipping and they just refund the cost back.

Shock drop pair took about 11-12 days to ship. It might be the same for the snkrs drop? I didn’t upgrade to 2-day shipping.

From what I’ve heard with that is it works for some and some they don’t honor the 2 day shipping and they just refund the cost back.
Shipping on SNKRS Saturday drop seems random/scattered. Mine shipped Wednesday and I had them Friday. I didn’t pay for upgraded shipping. I’m in L.A.
Then there are people who still haven’t received shipping let alone the shoes.

IMO 5s along with 1,3,4,6,11,12,13,14 are the most iconic Jordan shoes of all time.

You just gonna leave the missing 3 peats out like that fam? No love for the VII or the VIII? No love for the Space Jam IX's that Bugs & Daffy had to fight a bulldog for? The IX's that were showcased when he stepped out on the court and practiced gracefully to Seal's rendition of "Fly Like An Eagle"?

21YDpyd.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom