Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

My very first pair of J’s was BM V’s back in 7th grade, still my all time favorite shoe. If I ever saw a girl wearing a pair of grapes back then it would have been Love at first sight lol

SAME!! Wore them to Rick Pitino basketball camp, and thought I was untouchable lol. Also, that Trisha girl with Grapes was kinda scary. Could hoop her butt off, AND was cute as hell...but she could also whoop you if you got smart.

tenor (24).gif

Can someone school me on why there was a black tongue and silver tongue version of the Jordan 5 fire red? And which version originally released first?
They both were part of the original release. White/Black-Fire Red (3M tongue), Black/Black-Metallic Silver, White/Grape Ice-New Emerald and White/Fire Red-Black (black tongue) were the 4 original color-ways that dropped in 1990. I don’t think there’s any special story behind it. It was just the color-ways they picked.
Ehhhh kinda. Yeah, they were an OG, but I think he was legit asking which pair came out first. Silver tongues were first, and the black tongues were the final colorway of the 5 to be released. Just an alternate white/red color to start the season. Same as the Carmines and the Cardinals after that.
You know what this is all really about???

Nickname Nonsense. That's what is it.

We have two colorways. One white and black with SOME red, the other white and red with SOME black. The shade of red they both use is Fire Red. Now because of the aforementioned "nickname nonsense", these 5s can't just be "white and black" and "white and red". Nah, that's not "cool". And we can't reserve the Fire Red title to the one WITH MORE RED because the other one has to have a nickname and "white and black" isn't cool enough. Thus, there are two "Fire Red" 5s, with the added description of the tongue for distinction between the two.

It's all nickname nonsense. That's why white/red 12s and 13s have to be "cherries", because "true red" isn't good enough :lol:

You know, what would the Taxis be called if they didn't have any gold?

/rant

I have a 10.5 and 11 coming tomorrow from FTL. My True size is 11 but ordered both based on comments. Anyway if my 11 fits better I’ll definitely hook you up at retail the 10.5’s. If you are haven’t got em yet

Appreciate that bro. I caught an Eastbay restock, so I'm all good. Thanks again.

I almost bought another pair from Snipes
It would of been $200 no tax and free shipping
Should of pulled the trigger...
Nah man i don't need another pair...
But no tax and free shipping is pretty nice...
Well it's too late now...
Maybe if it restocks again...

You know what this is all really about???

Nickname Nonsense. That's what is it.

We have two colorways. One white and black with SOME red, the other white and red with SOME black. The shade of red they both use is Fire Red. Now because of the aforementioned "nickname nonsense", these 5s can't just be "white and black" and "white and red". Nah, that's not "cool". And we can't reserve the Fire Red title to the one WITH MORE RED because the other one has to have a nickname and "white and black" isn't cool enough. Thus, there are two "Fire Red" 5s, with the added description of the tongue for distinction between the two.

It's all nickname nonsense. That's why white/red 12s and 13s have to be "cherries", because "true red" isn't good enough :lol:

You know, what would the Taxis be called if they didn't have any gold?

/rant
Feel like silver tongues deserve the fire red name over black tongues bc of the 69 pt game tho...

Heads up!!! sizes 7.5 to 10 are all live right now here.......

never got my shot at a size 11 or 11.5 so i didnt cop but for all who wear any of the above sizes go get em as they will not last long and no i dont have any affiliation with Snipes.com. I am an OG who hasnt posted on here in about 5 years or more but im back!

GOAT shipping took 2 days. Shipped from china, I live in NYC. Never had a problem with goat.

Last edited:
I still remember a female I knew rockin' the "Grape" Air Jordan "5."

It struck me because I didn't see females wearing Air Jordans in person.
The type that would have had L.A. Gear.

While it is true that AJ's were gaining popularity, the colorway
(and some future non-bulls colorways) sealed the deal for some folks.
First person I knew to have Grapes was this girl in my class that I had a crush on. It was pretty much the best thing ever to me at the time. :wow: :lol:
first person I knew to have grape V's was a fat kid in my brothers grade, I think he had a mohawk, he was a bit rough around the edges

polar opposite of the girls you knew with the grapes

So both DTLR and UPS are refusing to take responsibility for my package being stolen. Why there was no signature confirmation is beyond me. Is there anyway I can get my money back? Paid through Paypal.

So both DTLR and UPS are refusing to take responsibility for my package being stolen. Why there was no signature confirmation is beyond me. Is there anyway I can get my money back? Paid through Paypal.

File a claim via PayPal and advise them you have already contacted both DTLRand UPS. I’ve personally never had an issue getting money back from PayPal.

Got shipping confirmation from SNKRS pair after what, a month almost? I only need two pairs so it's time to play puzzle master and match up a perfect pair so I can sell the least perfect one.

Back
Top Bottom