Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

I've seen this trend for a while with shoe restorers. Painting the swapped sole "aged white" as well as the back tabs. When I got my IV's swapped 4 years ago, the restorer had asked if I wanted the sole an aged color. Told him hell naw.

Last edited:
I can’t believe people are buying this:

FA12E4E0-9BF3-42AF-9A70-D24B1A378B0E.jpeg

BD58946E-787F-4699-A3AA-D9CE6B2CC539.png

A98D2770-2B36-4E53-9DA4-4E2200CA1675.png
reseller realize he had bricks on his hands so he let them sit outside all summer to pass them off as custome "aged" V's?

I know some sneakers are deliberately designed and released pre aged but for these I can't see why anyone would think "Oh yeah, THIS is IT!" Natural aging is better because it's, as the term implies, natural. But if they really wanted to go for the aged look then either removing the opaque tint from the netting and making it a more grayish transparent like the 1990 OG while yellowing the sole a little would've made more sense.
97841638713b83766637001109e01ab5.jpg

Or using more pale yellow on the netting instead of the lemonade yellow they applied to it, if they're trying to mimic a DS 2000 pair.
canvi4aubrulxranmn4z.jpg

Man I hate the netting yellowing it's so ugly I dont mind the soles but still I would Ice them if they got too bad. I dont understand the deconstructed, aged look they're doing. Air Jordan's to me represent the top of the line in sports. I like how you can wear them on and off court/gym I dont really like the off white style they're doing to them like ripstop matieral and stuff just ugly man.

Man I hate the netting yellowing it's so ugly I dont mind the soles but still I would Ice them if they got too bad. I dont understand the deconstructed, aged look they're doing. Air Jordan's to me represent the top of the line in sports. I like how you can wear them on and off court/gym I dont really like the off white style they're doing to them like ripstop matieral and stuff just ugly man.
I couldn’t agree with you more about the netting. I feel the same way about the soles though. It sucks to love the V and hate the yellowing. It really sucks. Lol

I’ve done a lot of research on storing Jordans with clear soles and found this video that shows the results of different methods of storing over 5 to 6 years:

EDIT: the best method was from using the hefty jumbo 2.5 gal bags fully sealed and never opened.

Last edited:
I can’t believe people are buying this:

FA12E4E0-9BF3-42AF-9A70-D24B1A378B0E.jpeg

BD58946E-787F-4699-A3AA-D9CE6B2CC539.png

A98D2770-2B36-4E53-9DA4-4E2200CA1675.png
:rofl: :rofl:

Son this could lead to non aged pairs being more because everyone tired to “age” theirs.

My oldest 5 is my camp supremes and they aren’t this yellow. Hell my metallic 5s are starting to but not this bad

I couldn’t agree with you more about the netting. I feel the same way about the soles though. It sucks to love the V and hate the yellowing. It really sucks. Lol

I’ve done a lot of research on storing Jordans with clear soles and found this video that shows the results of different methods of storing over 5 to 6 years:

EDIT: the best method was from using the hefty jumbo 2.5 gal bags fully sealed and never opened.

Ugh man I love my fire reds as much as my bc 4s and infrared 6s they're so clean and I love looking down at them. I never understand why a lot of people dont like the 5s such an amazing sneaker. I appriciate you posting that video I'm give this a try

Back
Top Bottom