Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

Wish I could find some 00 this fresh I would swap and rock hard!
20210303_171422.jpg
These look so good aged like fine wine

Both pairs still DS. Might hafta pull a rainking rainking and start wearing a pair in the house. :lol: With the way this pandemic is going and how it's impacted my daily life, my DS shoes will never get worn otherwise.
:rofl:
That's really why I do it. Even in normal times, I have too many freaking shoes to otherwise ever get around to wearing them all.

That’s what happens when you buy a billion backup pairs. :lol:
Even without the backups, I'd have the same problem. And all in I think I might have 115 pairs of sneakers. Haven't counted lately LOL. I don't know what people with 200, 300 pairs do LOL

So I got my eBay pair and have been wearing it every day. Glad I did it. But yesterday I compared all three, and it's interesting: Three different production-run dates, and some little differences in the shoes themselves. As far as I can tell, the eBay pair is legit, and I know damn well my first two pairs are because I bought them from SNKRS and BSTN. One pair has a slightly larger, skinnier Jumpman and deeper lines around the Jumpman, and all three I can spot very slight differences in the stitching in some spots. One pair has the AIR JORDAN tag inside the tongue placed slightly higher than the other two. They all smelled the same out of the box LOL. It really makes authenticating pairs a challenge when you can see these differences in pairs you know are legit.

Last edited:
So I got my eBay pair and have been wearing it every day. Glad I did it. But yesterday I compared all three, and it's interesting: Three different production-run dates, and some little differences in the shoes themselves. As far as I can tell, the eBay pair is legit, and I know damn well my first two pairs are because they came from SNKRS and BSTN. One pair has a slightly larger, skinnier Jumpman and deeper lines around the Jumpman, and all three I can spot very slightl differences in the stitching in some spots. One pair has the AIR JORDAN tag inside the tongue placed slightly higher than the other two. They all smelled the same out of the box LOL. It really makes authenticating pairs a challenge when you can see these differences in pairs you know are legit.
That is very true. It’s very scary that there are so many differences from pair to pair these days. It’s getting harder and harder to tell the difference between real and fake. Crazy times.

Even without the backups, I'd have the same problem. And all in I think I might have 115 pairs of sneakers. Haven't counted lately LOL. I don't know what people with 200, 300 pairs do LOL

So I got my eBay pair and have been wearing it every day. Glad I did it. But yesterday I compared all three, and it's interesting: Three different production-run dates, and some little differences in the shoes themselves. As far as I can tell, the eBay pair is legit, and I know damn well my first two pairs are because they came from SNKRS and BSTN. One pair has a slightly larger, skinnier Jumpman and deeper lines around the Jumpman, and all three I can spot very slight differences in the stitching in some spots. One pair has the AIR JORDAN tag inside the tongue placed slightly higher than the other two. They all smelled the same out of the box LOL. It really makes authenticating pairs a challenge when you can see these differences in pairs you know are legit.

I bet they're legit I have a buddy who buys and reviews fakes on Instagram. So every single pair of fake fire reds out there has a toe box flaw where they have the 2013/2016 big toe box.

Damn last two pages looked like a live survey.. Never knew black tongue Fire Reds did nothing for so many. That's solidly my fav FR V.. :lol:
I like Black Tongue FRs and I'll get them when they come out again for sure but I much prefer the Silver Tongues. They just flow better to me and the 3M just hits. That was also the first pair of Jordans I ever wanted as a 6 year old kid so there's that too lol.

I bet they're legit I have a buddy who buys and reviews fakes on Instagram. So every single pair of fake fire reds out there has a toe box flaw where they have the 2013/2016 big toe box.
Ya my eBay pair has the new slim and sloped toe. I was already pretty certain they were good. Your info is much appreciated, though. So much happier swiping another pair of these than having messed with that disaster called Carmines :lol:

Ya my eBay pair has the new slim and sloped toe. I was already pretty certain they were good. Your info is much appreciated, though. So much happier swiping another pair of these than having messed with that disaster called Carmines :lol:
🤣🤣 I figured you already knew the details but just in case lol. Anytime man I love LC sneakers and restoring. Man I love these 5s tho that slim toe needs to be on every model. 1-14

Does anyone else feel like a lot of the retros fit wide on their feet? Like my TTS is 11.5 but the width on all 3-6 are loose where my foot slides side 2 side. Wish they were slimmer.

Does anyone else feel like a lot of the retros fit wide on their feet? Like my TTS is 11.5 but the width on all 3-6 are loose where my foot slides side 2 side. Wish they were slimmer.

You must have very narrow feet since 3s for example are killing my pinkies in TTS and a lot of people have to half size up in 4s

🤣🤣 I figured you already knew the details but just in case lol. Anytime man I love LC sneakers and restoring. Man I love these 5s tho that slim toe needs to be on every model. 1-14
Nah dude, I didn't know that about the obvious "tells" on the fakes, at least the thing about the toes, so thanks again for letting me know. But yeah, this retro is a gem in a recent run of trash (Fire Red IVs, the Carmine disaster). The damn tongue is the only thing wrong with them. Why they had to screw up the one rare thing that was never screwed up prior to the 2016 Metallic V retros, I will never understand. But I love these, regardless.

Back
Top Bottom