Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

I was looking through some rubbermaid storage containers this weekend that I had not yet put away since we moved and came across my baseball cards.
After removing the first few sets I noticed a Jordan box at the bottom. I had totally forgotten I used the box from my first pair of Jordan's (OG Jordan 5 Fire Red) to store some lose cards.
I faintly remember using black marker to darken up the box top. I havent seen any old pics of me wearing my first few J's so this is a nice find.

J5.jpg
J5-1.jpg

Definitely the midsole. Changed it
That's for sure. The fact they look so good combined with actually being comfortable makes the draw of this shoe impossible to resist. I wear them in the rotation for a couple weeks or so, put them back in the closet for something else ... and then end up pulling them out again another couple weeks later.

Actually, I think the harder "modern" midsole was what helped prevent crumbling (no longer open-celled). Not sure what they've done to soften the recent retros. AM3 as well, and even recent Trainer 1 chlorophylls are pretty soft on foot.
The cool grey 11s too. Dunno what compound they use for those midsole cuz the 96’s don’t crumble

I can see where you're coming from, but I prefer comfort, and from experience with OGs, if you wore them, they didn't crumble for 15-20 years or more. If people are just storing them in perpetuity, I can see why longevity is more important.

I can see where you're coming from, but I prefer comfort, and from experience with OGs, if you wore them, they didn't crumble for 15-20 years or more. If people are just storing them in perpetuity, I can see why longevity is more important.

Exactly. Especially now when they'll re-retro a model long before it crumbles. And even if the soles don't disintegrate, they glue gives up the ghost, air bags deflate, other materials crack or yellow (depending on the model in question), etc.

Back
Top Bottom