Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

5s are highly nostalgic for me. Black Metallic 5s were the first ever Jordan I got as a kid back in 1990. Haven’t really had many pairs of the 5 since, but excited to see these 3M tongue Fire Reds releasing with OG treatment. Willing to pass on the UNC 3s in favor of these 5s.
Same here on the nostalgia. This was the first pair I ever wanted as a kid. Pretty sure a 6 or 7 year old me drove my parents crazy talking about these. I was passing on the UNC 3s but I'm bending just a little as tomorrow nears haha.

Same here on the nostalgia. This was the first pair I ever wanted as a kid. Pretty sure a 6 or 7 year old me drove my parents crazy talking about these. I was passing on the UNC 3s but I'm bending just a little as tomorrow nears haha.
I’m bending as well. But then I remember I want the Kentucky dunks and 5s too :sick:

Fire Red’s the big release anyway...Only other thing I’m really looking at, as far as Jordan’s, is Flint 13’s...

These are THE pair to get though...

Off the top of my head, Dr. J, Jordan, Dominique & Kemp are some of my favorite slam dunk artists.

edit:
I forgot about Barkley too.
"I'll throw it down your throat like Barkley. You see my car keys? - you'll never get these."
But he was more of an all around beast than a pure slam dunk artist.

I remember being at a basketball camp one summer and Barkley (during his prime) was the special guest. We asked him to do his favorite dunk, and this man stood on one leg like a flamingo, jumped and threw down one of the most vicious arms cocked behind the head double pump dunks I've ever seen. :wow:

I remember being at a basketball camp one summer and Barkley (during his prime) was the special guest. We asked him to do his favorite dunk, and this man stood on one leg like a flamingo, jumped and threw down one of the most vicious arms cocked behind the head double pump dunks I've ever seen. :wow:

Never discount what Chuck could do in his younger days...

That young man currently playing out in New Orleans reminds me A LOT of a young Barkley...Actually he reminds me of a young Larry Johnson but the Barkley comparison is definitely there, and there for a reason...Chuck was a beast...

Last edited:

:wow:

That young man currently playing out in New Orleans reminds me A LOT of a young Barkley...Actually he reminds me of a young Larry Johnson but the Barkley comparison is definitely there, and there for a reason...Chuck was a beast...
Tim Grover, MJ’s trainer, is on record that Charles Barkley was the most naturally gifted athlete he ever worked with.

Few pics to keep the hype

gettyimages-490104-2048x2048.jpg
gettyimages-52298709-2048x2048.jpg
gettyimages-117616400-2048x2048.jpg

The dunk on Woolridge was Savage, after the dunk Woolridge shakes his head and laughs, because he knew how great that was

I've thought the same thing about him.

It always stuck with me how nice Chuck was. Height of the "I'm not a role model" campaign, and yet he stayed and made sure every kid had an autograph and a picture. I always wanted to meet him again as an adult, but I was terrified he'd be a prick and ruin my awesome childhood memories. Bumped into him a few years ago, and he could not have been nicer. He was the same dude I met as a kid. BS'ed with him for probably 15 minutes while he signed autographs for people, and once again, he made sure everybody that wanted an autograph or selfie got one. That's a real one right there.

I wish I could find a small embroidered "23" in the same font as his PE's above, that I could add to the side with a little fabric tape. Always loved the number on the V's (and I'm sure I'm in the minority on this).

Back
Top Bottom