Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

I still hate that Nike puts “Just Do It” on the box but at least it’s better than that big *** Nike logo 🤦🏽‍♂️ But overall I’m satisfied with these shoes, leather soft, will be heavy rotation. I just have to pick up some sole shields.
I took a break for a while but love seeing the return of the OG box and of course the Nike Air

I get that’s we’re going through a pandemic and can expect a delay, but what the hell was the point of a shock drop if the people who ordered them are going to get them after those who ordered them on release date? It doesn’t take that long to disinfect packages

Entitlement? This is a business transaction. I pay- you deliver. They did not say "from the beginning" it would take 2 or 3 weeks. It was in the confirmation email after the transaction. They know if there was a disclaimer before the purchase is complete saying "Warning you will not receive these special shock drop Jordan V shoes that commemorate the debut of the long awaited documentary Last Dance until two days after the original launch date of 5/2" folks would say cool I'll just wait then. But that's not what they did and they continue to drop shoes early that they cannot deliver for another 3 weeks just to get money on their books for the quarterly earnings report. They not slick Ha! Like I said before -for me Nike is the only vendor with shipping delays this egregious. Sams, Walmart, Eastbay, Finishline, Sheikh, Academy --all are getting s***delivered with minimal delay. Not worried about it though...even without the Rona lock down I probably wouldn't wear these for another year :wink:
If they told you up front it would take 2-3 weeks, would you not have purchased the shoes?

I want these so bad but I made a commitment not to buy anything unnecessary until all of this is over...or at least significantly slowed down. Don't think i'm there yet. Damn I want these though.

Yes! Man I gotta find a photo of me and my black tongue Vs. I was in 3rd grade and man my parents didn’t realize or understand how much I loved the shoe. I have thanked them ever since for getting me Jordans as a kid. I didn’t get every release because I didn’t “need” a new pair every year unlike some of my friends who were pretty spoiled. I did get the 5, 7, 9, and the 13. I stopped caring so much about Js for a while but the 13 was perfection to me. I was the weird one that got the black and blue low 13 and still have them and can still wear them. The leather on them was incredible to me. Shame shoe quality has dropped like it has. Just got back into shoes during this quarantine and hoping the much higher price tag for these new Js means higher quality. I can hope.

Very cool. When the 13s came out, I was in college and remember waiting in line at FTL on launch day. Not much drama, everyone that was there got a pair. I had the breds, and I will admit--at that time, it was a very hard shoe to style. The quality is A+ like you said. Some of the current stuff is so so, the 2013 Vs were absolutely terrible, but I had to have them because they were Vs.

Arrived today

438D4C08-6E97-4AE8-9E66-EAD4500EF4F3.jpeg

If they told you up front it would take 2-3 weeks, would you not have purchased the shoes?
Maybe-Probably would have waited. I copped 3pair of Court Purples and DMPs in the weeks prior. I had to hear my wife say "You bought another pair?!" as she perused the Wells Fargo online statement --and I don't even have the pair in hand to comfort me --Some bs :lol:

I get that’s we’re going through a pandemic and can expect a delay, but what the hell was the point of a shock drop if the people who ordered them are going to get them after those who ordered them on release date? It doesn’t take that long to disinfect packages
shock drop was to capitalize on the last dance hype

CA049114-39DC-4A99-B2A3-CEFB69861F95.png
Corona or not this is ridiculous, got an order from FNL and 2 orders from FL in this time period smfh. They should’ve just not did a shock drop if this was the situation.

Entitlement? This is a business transaction. I pay- you deliver. They did not say "from the beginning" it would take 2 or 3 weeks. It was in the confirmation email after the transaction. They know if there was a disclaimer before the purchase is complete saying "Warning you will not receive these special shock drop Jordan V shoes that commemorate the debut of the long awaited documentary Last Dance until two days after the original launch date of 5/2" folks would say cool I'll just wait then. But that's not what they did and they continue to drop shoes early that they cannot deliver for another 3 weeks just to get money on their books for the quarterly earnings report. They not slick Ha! Like I said before -for me Nike is the only vendor with shipping delays this egregious. Sams, Walmart, Eastbay, Finishline, Sheikh, Academy --all are getting s***delivered with minimal delay. Not worried about it though...even without the Rona lock down I probably wouldn't wear these for another year :wink:
Not true at all. I recently ordered from Finish Line and it took 2 weeks to get my order. There are people that ordered from Eastbay that are still waiting for DMP shipping. Many websites are seeing unusually high traffic since stores are closed. I work in e-commerce as well and many places weren't prepared for the high volume in orders because nobody saw it coming.

Lot of people getting these but not trying to answer sizing questions lmao. Try em on already!

I ordered TTS on shock drop and wondering if I should size down, knowing my pair isnt coming anytime soon.

Lot of people getting these but not trying to answer sizing questions lmao. Try em on already!

I ordered TTS on shock drop and wondering if I should size down, knowing my pair isnt coming anytime soon.

I hate saying TTS on anything really because my TTS is a 10.75 :lol: I got these in an 11 they fit fine. I might have been able to pull off a 10.5 but an 11.5 would be too big. My nike size is basically an 11 (vapormax, Air Max 1, Air Max 90, air max 270). My Vans size is a 10.5. Made in US New Balance 10.5

Also yes people will miss out on these. If you are a popular size and you are behind by 10 mins or so on some of the links that get posted your size could be sold out. Supply will never perfectly meet demand. People will miss out. If you don't understand that then maybe you don't know what its like to be busy. If you are a doctor or nurse or work retail and are at your job on a saturday and can't use your phone for the entire day...there is a good chance you could miss out.

Back
Top Bottom