Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

I’m seeing on Instagram that the sneaker community lost one of our sneaker queens. dlo1014. I don’t know what happened. Her Last post was her rocking these 5’s. RIP

I’m seeing on Instagram that the sneaker community lost one of our sneaker queens. dlo1014. I don’t know what happened. Her Last post was her rocking these 5’s. RIP
Not sure who she is or what she did, but my condolences to the family of another sneaker enthusiast.

You know what this is all really about???

Nickname Nonsense. That's what is it.

We have two colorways. One white and black with SOME red, the other white and red with SOME black. The shade of red they both use is Fire Red. Now because of the aforementioned "nickname nonsense", these 5s can't just be "white and black" and "white and red". Nah, that's not "cool". And we can't reserve the Fire Red title to the one WITH MORE RED because the other one has to have a nickname and "white and black" isn't cool enough. Thus, there are two "Fire Red" 5s, with the added description of the tongue for distinction between the two.

It's all nickname nonsense. That's why white/red 12s and 13s have to be "cherries", because "true red" isn't good enough :lol:

You know, what would the Taxis be called if they didn't have any gold?

/rant
Agreed, the black tongues to me are the "true" Fire Red 5s because there's more red on that one. Yeah, the silver tongue has Fire Red but so do white and black cement 3 and 4s.

I'm hoping they'll restock when stores open over here. That way, I can buy them there, swap them out with my creased BSTN pair and return them back.

The Fresh Prince Grapes are still the GOAT 5 retro as far as quality goes.. check the OG durabuck collar and very VERY nice leather.. I doubt we’re gonna get any big GR 5 retros that match this quality level..
C9C25CDC-FDEE-41A6-BBD4-9B54357E5224.jpeg

And the prices on these have jumped drastically. Last year I picked up 2 pairs wellllll below retail.

Here’s a quick comparison to my supreme 5s since it’s the only other 5 that I own. Height wise and padding it’s pretty much on par. Toe box however there’s a noticeable difference.

6DBDDC38-6146-4429-8DC0-281F7213E701.jpeg

FA059416-49A4-4E02-BC50-DF02535E027E.jpeg

Since my SNKRS pair was still in limbo,I ordered from Foot Locker last week.I decided once’s they arrived I would cancel my SNKRS pair.Well FL pair is here now but get this.I got through to Nike on Friday morning requesting to cancel my order that has been in process.They said they understand and put a request in to be cancelled.5 hours later I mysteriously get a SNKRS notification that they are now shipping and will be here Monday?!? Oh well.Cant decide if I should just keep the SNKRS pair or sell them once they’re here.
Next time if my order is in process for 2-3 weeks,do I just call Nike and threaten to cancel my order in order for them to ship right away? Lol cuz that was weird! Shoes are 🔥 tho
CB746FE7-5A2D-496F-8D7C-F6D7D1CD3362.jpeg

Yeah bro.. Sad times in the sneaker community. I've seen several posts on my feed from sneaker lovers that had close and personal relationships with her. She definitely was in a lane all by herself with the flavor and style she brung to the sneaker game...

RIP...
Just to pay my respects and to show others her unique style she had...

20200517_160926.jpg

20200517_160912.jpg
20200517_160942.jpg

20200517_161001.jpg

Her last post...
20200517_161446.jpg

What up fam I hope you all got ya pairs but for the ones that didn’t checkout snipes sz 8-9.5 are up for grabs

Back
Top Bottom