Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

please the 2s are hardly the worst model. the worst Jordan is the 9. friggin baseball cleat. I have the Xs in top 4 Jordan category

I love the IXs in the white/black OG colorway, but that's it. Of all the "early" OG run of models, I have always found the 8s to be my least favorite overall--and I say that as someone who had the OG hare 8s in 1993, and who used them for basketball. Even at the time, I though they were pretty weird, and they haven't grown on me as the years passed. It's just a bulky, weird shoe, and it's a heat trap, too. Haven't had a single pair since my OGs, and have no desire to ever change that LOL

I love the IXs in the white/black OG colorway, but that's it. Of all the "early" OG run of models, I have always found the 8s to be my least favorite overall--and I say that as someone who had the OG hare 8s in 1993, and who used them for basketball. Even at the time, I though they were pretty weird, and they haven't grown on me as the years passed. It's just a bulky, weird shoe, and it's a heat trap, too. Haven't had a single pair since my OGs, and have no desire to ever change that LOL

From 1-14, 8s and 9s are the only models I don’t have/want at least one pair of.

What’s ur guys least favorite colorway 1-14

Maybe excluding all the weird non bulls 1985 1s colorways
822B76A5-5E9A-41CA-8FC7-B296BE0603C5.jpeg

From 1-14, 8s and 9s are the only models I don’t have/want at least one pair of.
I’ve had some colorway of 1-14 over the years. Actually up to 19 then it gets spotty.

I appreciate 7s and 8s but don’t see myself wearing them again. 9s - maaaaybe but prob not. I do think those models are better than the 2 but I’ll wear a 2. I guess the bulkiness of the 7-8-9 doesn’t really appeal to me for casual wear.

What’s ur guys least favorite colorway 1-14

Maybe excluding all the weird non bulls 1985 1s colorways
I wouldn't say I don't like them, just that I'm very indifferent toward them but here's my list:

Jordan 1: Royal/Shadow. They're in a grey area for me because I don't dislike them, I just don't really care that much about them. when they return as an '85 High release, I'll try for a pair but if I miss out I'm not losing sleep. For some reason I've always felt very indifferent toward them.

Jordan 3: Honorable mention goes to Fire Reds. Used to not like them but I developed an appreciation and genuine interest over the years.

Jordan 4: Military Blue. Like the Royals and Shadows I don't hate them I just feel very indifferent toward them. More of a Black Cement/White Cement/Fire Red kinda guy.

Jordan 6: September Blue. The OGs are beautiful but when it comes to that color blocking I prefer the White Infrareds.

Jordan 7: Hares. Next to no interest whatsoever honestly.

Jordan 8: Hares again. Aquas and Playoffs are just better imo but I'll still get a pair to complete my OG 8 collection.

Jordan 11: Hot take but Columbias are my least favorite of the OG trio.

Last edited:
That's interesting.

I'm of the opinion that the colorway you favorably singled out was a black mark on the original Air Jordan IX lineup due to its colorblocking: when the lip of the outsole doesn't match the midsole--or, at the very least, match the mudguard to avoid clumsy design (Powder Blue)--the resulting look is that of a sock poking out.

That's interesting.

I'm of the opinion that the colorway you favorably singled out was a black mark on the original Air Jordan IX lineup due to its colorblocking: when the lip of the outsole doesn't match the midsole--or, at the very least, match the mudguard to avoid clumsy design (Powder Blue)--the resulting look is that of a sock poking out.

Ha, we're just totally opposite on that one. I like the white outsole contrasting with the black midsole and toe rand. If the outsole was black to match those two parts, I wouldn't like them. For some reason, I've just never liked white shoes with black midsoles and outsoles, the Fire Red V being the lone exception.

Ha, we're just totally opposite on that one. I like the white outsole contrasting with the black midsole and toe rand. If the outsole was black to match those two parts, I wouldn't like them. For some reason, I've just never liked white shoes with black midsoles and outsoles, the Fire Red V being the lone exception.
In the context of cohesive color schemes, certain sneakers are more reliant than others. Seemingly insignificant conversions can make all the difference. Take, for instance, the Oxidized Green 14s: the prototype featured a white outsole that broke up the sameness below; more importantly, it evened out the front-heavy focus of what had eventually hit shelves.

All things considered, our lines of thought are similar.

1659140222687.gif

Those are easily the weakest OG 14

I favor OG “black toes”, oxidized greens, indiglos, last shots, Royal lows, and Chutney lows over the white/red iteration. Only colorway they’re ahead of are the unc lows
You’re crazy

White/reds are classics

All the 14 mids were fire except one big swing and miss- Oxidized greens

He asked which were least favorite OG bulls-esque colorway and white/red 14’s were my least favorite :ohwell:
I think we were talking about least favorite OG colorway… I was standing up for the 14s lol. But it’s all good, to each their own

Back
Top Bottom