Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

had no idea the OG tongue was that way

so these come with the retro card as well...i didnt cop the citrus ones yet but im assuming they did too, i wonder y they had so many retro 8 retro cards

Those are samples

Last edited:
had no idea the OG tongue was that way

so these come with the retro card as well...i didnt cop the citrus ones yet but im assuming they did too, i wonder y they had so many retro 8 retro cards
Btw the above shown tongue is actually the design of the tongue on Jordan 8.0's Not sure what 8's those are, maybe some PE edition, but the OG's definitely had the fuzzy tongue. Had them in the early 90's. As a kid I used to disassemble my J's after I was done with them,  and cut out the tongues, Nike logos etc. (I know sacrilegious lol). Then I would do various things like stitch them on shirts or glue them on hats. Anyways I stitched the OG '93 fuzzy tongue on a wrist band. The funny thing is when I was over at my parents storage room last year I found a box with some of my old stuff, and I came across a bunch of my Jordan pieces, including this OG black fuzzy tongue :wink:

nthat.gif

tongue.gif
when the tongue started wagging it was a wrap
roll.gif

OG TIME
Btw the above shown tongue is actually the design of the tongue on Jordan 8.0's Not sure what 8's those are, maybe some PE edition, but the OG's definitely had the fuzzy tongue. Had them in the early 90's. As a kid I used to disassemble my J's after I was done with them,  and cut out the tongues, Nike logos etc. (I know sacrilegious lol). Then I would do various things like stitch them on shirts or glue them on hats. Anyways I stitched the OG '93 fuzzy tongue on a wrist band. The funny thing is when I was over at my parents storage room last year I found a box with some of my old stuff, and I came across a bunch of my Jordan pieces, including this OG black fuzzy tongue :wink:

Great observation those do indeed have the same tongue as the 8.0's. Also they are early sample pairs from 1993 that didn't get released. I guess they were thinking about going in a different direction from the other cws with it but changed their minds and stuck with the carpet.

Great observation those do indeed have the same tongue as the 8.0's. Also they are early sample pairs from 1993 that didn't get released. I guess they were thinking about going in a different direction from the other cws with it but changed their minds and stuck with the carpet.
really? I had no clue that was the original unreleased design, cool Jordan tidbit. It's interesting how Nike/Jordan is so calculated and deliberate,never totally abandon any ideas. They had that tongue design 20 years ago never put it out, then decided to incorporate it into the 8.0's 20 years later. If that indeed is what happened I wonder if it makes the 8.0's more desirable just for the history and interesting story behind the tongue. I know "sneaker heads" hate on the 8.0's I personally found them to be a cool shoe. 

maybe but they are " playoffs" so most likely they will be sold out and the resell price would be around $275 and higher, im just guessin
will sell out????????

275 for a jordan VIII not named "aqua"????????

you'll still find these at HOH's weeks after the release, hypebeasts don't **** with VIII's unless it's the aqua.

I mean resell on these will be 225 first day...and a week after release will be like 180 for people who dont even want to waste gaS or deal with that sun.

This is a popular colorway but I really don't see people not being able to cop on release date (online that is). If rumors are true about lebron championship pack being dropped on the 29th diverts even more attention away from these.

lmfao its sick that these and aqua 8s SAT on shelves in 07 and i live in hypebeast city aka NJ

This is a popular colorway but I really don't see people not being able to cop on release date (online that is). If rumors are true about lebron championship pack being dropped on the 29th diverts even more attention away from these.
don't the royal foams drop on the 29th as well? playoffs will be easy to cop for those who want it.

jersey is the worst aint it?

ive been collecting shoes since i was 16 im now 23... Back then everyone would laugh at me when i picked up 2 pairs of playoff 8s or 2 pairs of any shoe. Now everyone and their mother is a collector

ive been collecting shoes since i was 16 im now 23... Back then everyone would laugh at me when i picked up 2 pairs of playoff 8s or 2 pairs of any shoe. Now everyone and their mother is a collector
I share your pain. :frown: everybody be acting like they know everything about the jordans and everything and then they try to rock two different shoes at the same time :smh:

Back
Top Bottom