Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

to ensure they sell out the stock as quick as possible so they dont have random pairs left in case someone flakes.
I don't get the need to sell out AQAP though.

There will always be stragglers wandering in asking "Got any left over in size __?"

Be glad they even gave you a 15 minute window. Most won't even leave a message and then it's on to the next one.
True.  I am grateful, but I still don't get the logic of the policy.  I'm sure many have said "Yeah sure I'll be there to get em" and not show up.  Might as well just let the ticket winner have his window until 6pm the next day.

Last edited:
Do stores call out in the late afternoon or evening sometimes to notify winners?

I'm holding out hope that I won one of these raffles, but I doubt it, haha.

I for one like that stores skip over people's pairs if they don't answer when they call. It still gives hope for other people that entered raffles that their names will be called.

My memory is slipping. Any NYC heads that can tell me exactly what that $160 translates into after taxes? I forgot to figure in tax for my reserved pairs. Between mine, the Mrs., and my son's, taxes are gonna add up. Got spoiled copping in Jersey all the time.

Just won a size 12 raffle for the Playoff 8's. Not quite excited cause I'm an 11.5
They didn't make you fill out your size on the ticket when you entered?

I've read that going a half size up isn't so bad with the 8's since the shoe isn't very breathable and fits a bit snug.  Don't have any experience with that though, because I've never put a pair on.

174 I believe... its 8.875% here in NYC
Thanks. Extra $70 bucks with tax & tolls but we'll make a day in the city out of it so it'll be worth it.

Good luck to everybody camping, whether it be at the sneaker spot or on your computer. Seems like there are a good number of these out there so if you hustle hard you should be alright. Hope everybody who is copping to rock gets their pairs.

My memory is slipping. Any NYC heads that can tell me exactly what that $160 translates into after taxes? I forgot to figure in tax for my reserved pairs. Between mine, the Mrs., and my son's, taxes are gonna add up. Got spoiled copping in Jersey all the time.
^ I'm not from NYC, but when I bought some kicks from Flight Club NY last month and the tax was 8.875%. Hopefully that'll give you an idea.

I just got a call back from FTL/HOH on a raffle...What a relief because there is no such thing as 'easy cop' on OG color ways of Jordan's in Chicago...   

just becuz

zx5eep.jpg

As a Knicks fan, highlights from the MJ era were few & far between. This was one of them. I will never forget this moment.

Last edited:
174 I believe... its 8.875% here in NYC
^ I'm not from NYC, but when I bought some kicks from Flight Club NY last month and the tax was 8.875%. Hopefully that'll give you an idea.

I just got a call back from FTL/HOH on a raffle...What a relief because there is no such thing as 'easy cop' on OG color ways of Jordan's in Chicago...   
Thank you both. Repped.
So sweet!
Glad everything worked out for you. Congrats on your pair. They look great. 

I hate how hard we go in NYC lol. Tickets have been gobbled up at modells and the rest are fcfs with cats talking about lining up at midnight. GR's still come with madness in the city for certain kicks

F that, trusty finishline.com will have my back. Got get these winner's circle rewards off somehow

Back
Top Bottom