Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

thanks yea I just called fashion show fnl they still got a couple pairs In my size hope they still there by Thursday...

No prob, anytime, I also forgot to say there is also a Shoe Palace at the Fashion Show Mall.

Last edited:
OG Jordan + no hype = sitting on RD :D I'm happy this release was so easy and people are actually not copping these. I had kids in my buying and selling page on FB trying to sell these for $300 on RD! Trying to say "I need these gone A$AP Rocky" can't wait to get my pair in this week

Went to pick these up today I'm so happy they were still in stores. Everywhere I tried in Brooklyn was sold out so I want to HOH in NYC and they had pairs. Had to go .5 size up bcuz there were nomore 9.5 but these are my fav so a win is a win. View media item 476353. View media item 476354 View media item 476356 View media item 476361
Damn that NY sales tax is no joke :x I usually cop my kicks in NJ but when I won the raffle for the black grapes at 34th FA I immediately remember that high sales tax. Copping kicks in NY with that sales tax is no joke

Went to pick these up today I'm so happy they were still in stores. Everywhere I tried in Brooklyn was sold out so I want to HOH in NYC and they had pairs. Had to go .5 size up bcuz there were nomore 9.5 but these are my fav so a win is a win. View media item 476353. View media item 476354 View media item 476356 View media item 476361
Damn that NY sales tax is no joke :x I usually cop my kicks in NJ but when I won the raffle for the black grapes at 34th FA I immediately remember that high sales tax. Copping kicks in NY with that sales tax is no joke
Pss tell me bout it, every time I buy sneakers, the sales tax gets me every time lol. But all in all I'm just happy I was able to cop after release date with no hassle.

Not even that. Young cats don't seem to like the VIII's. If the Aquas dropped I assure you the hypers would come out the wood works.
Not only the young, but older cats like me don't/never have felt any of the AJVIII's. I'm 38 years old and I didn't like VIII's back then, nor do I like any of them today. You have to remember that Jordan's were a love hate shoe back then, just as much as they are now. As for me, this shoe was the first signature Jordan that I didn't like since the II's dropped. The lack of love for AJVIII's is the reason why the Playoffs, Hares and all of the rest of the VIII's are so plentiful...Not age.

They would've sold better if the people in their 30's on up loved them, but we didn't really trip off of them back then. I believe that the new generation loves them more then we did to be honest with you. The new generation loves a lot of the retro shoes today that we didn't like at all back in those days. A good example of this is the Adidas Mutumbo's. Nobody F-cked with those back in the day, but Mutumbo himself. I can guarantee you that the new generation will eat them *****s up. I can guarantee it, especially since all of the African print/Kente cloth patterns of the 70's & late '80's/early 90's are coming back into style. This leads to my next point....

In 1993, Converse Chuck Taylors, Timberlands, Nike Cortez's and Nike Air Max's were running the scene. Gangster Rap, had brothas all over the world rocking those shoes more than anything. Don't get me wrong...the name "Jordan" was strong then just as much as it is now, but we realized that we could get a whole fit for one pair of J's back then and the ******** were feeling that gangster/ruffneck ***** back then more than a lil bit. Let's be real...AJVIII's were never a high demand shoe. Yes, people liked them, but nobody was really trippin' off of them that much. This is around the same time when Jordan retro'd the cement III's and AJ1's and those sat back in those days too.

The younger generation loves a lot of our shoes more than us. They love them so much that even Pony is trying to bring back those ugly as$ Spud Webb high-tops that were really Air Jordan 1 knockoffs. Yep, Pony and other shoe brands are counting on the new generation to consume more of these retro shoes. They already fell for the Ewings, next is the Mutumbo's and Pony is counting on the Spud Webbs. Next thing you know...the Champion Hi Straps (which I think were Nike Air Force 1 Hi-Straps knockoff's) will make a comeback.

These VIII's are simply a love hate shoe and they were never a top ranked Jordan until recently and that is still up for debates as you can see. Yeah, they were cool, they were respected, but nobody ever had to have a AJVIII, except those who truly loved them. This is why they're so easy to obtain. There was never a big hype around/over the AJIII's.

Every AJ8 release will be like this, as long as there are AJ III's, IV's, V's or VI's that are going to be release around the same time as a VIII. More people would rather save their money for one of those signature Jordan lines, before they would spend their money on a AJVIII. Most would rather wait, even if the shoe is released a month later.

This is just my opinion on why they were so readily available. I think Jordan made the same amounts as usual, but the demand for AJIII's of any colorway isn't as high as JB expected.
Your probably a bit too old to have interest in these but I'm only a couple years younger than you and remember clearly how many shoes came out with straps at the time. These came out when i was in 7th grade and while fashion has definitely gone away from shoes with straps they were what was hot at the time for kids.  If you were already in high school and past that phase then I can get how you really didn't have interest in them but we were all over them just like anything else that had straps. I also had a pair of black air raids that I loved.

Last edited:
no sales tax and free shipping over here.   plus a $20 reward card.   Got these for $140 shipped.   I've seen some people pay like $185 after taxes and shipping

SO I CHECK MY CONFIRMATION FROM EMAIL FROM NIKE AND I NOTICE THAT THESE HOGS ARE SENDING ME THE PHOENIX SUNS 8'S!!!! MY CARD WASNT WORKING ON THE RELEASE MORNING SO I CALLED IT IN BECAUSE I KNEW MY CARD WASNT THE PROBLEM, APPARENTLY SINCE ITS ONLY A TWITTER RELEASE THE PHONE AGENT SELECTED THE PHOENIX SUNS INSTEAD OF THE BLACK AND REDS WHICH WERE IN MY CART ON NDC.............................FAIL MY FOURTH OF JULY FIT IS RUINED!!!!!!!!!

TLO means exactly that. you cant order thru phone order.

They still had these in Vegas while vacationing. Nike store in Caesars, Champs and Footlocker at Planet Hollywood

Very nice shoe..Love the carpet on the tongue. I remember Jordan wearing these when dropping 55 against the Suns in the Finals.

Very easy release for a OG. 

Wait... why when I was in NY a few weeks ago and bought a pair of shorts from the Champs in Time Square there was no tax on them?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom