Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

At this point, when it comes to looking at them and they look off....IYKYK.

I actually had the OG, and wore them a few times before they gave out. If I can find a pic, I'll post them.

Edit: Here ya go, an old pic of destroyed OG playoff 8s....

2010-12-26 17.54.58.jpg
2010-12-26 17.55.40.jpg
2010-12-26 17.56.16.jpg

Bonus: DS pair of 07

AJ VIII Playoff.jpg

Attachments

• eddie-steeples-disgust.gif
    eddie-steeples-disgust.gif
    683.1 KB · Views: 382
It's not even about being picky. I think it's different depending on your age. If you grew up seeing Mike wear these shoes, had his posters on your walls, had the trading cards and everything the OG's are ingrained in your memory then you see these changes it's like looking at a low quality downgrade version.

I get it why kids 17-22 be rocking any color Jordans cuz they don't have the memories us 30+ got.

I've had at least one pair of every Air Jordan model since the 4's in 1989, and I don't subscribe to this at all. :lol:

Thats cool, the point still stands.

Point stands for YOU. Definitely not for everyone. I'm in my 40's and am the person you described there 100%. It just straight up does not bother me that the plastic piece is 2cm longer than my 93 pair. Like a few others have said, I need to see some better pics or see them in person before I make my final judgment, but right this very second, these are looking pretty good to me.

Point stands for YOU. Definitely not for everyone. I'm in my 40's and am the person you described there 100%. It just straight up does not bother me that the plastic piece is 2cm longer than my 93 pair. Like a few others have said, I need to see some better pics or see them in person before I make my final judgment, but right this very second, these are looking pretty good to me.

It ain't just me :lol:

You don't see a lot older heads rocking any and every colorway. It's mainly young boys.

The plastic piece make the upper not flexible if it is 2 cm longer than the OG. So yes it bother me if I can’t walk with my shoes.

Last edited:
How did I know the first on foots would be in some damn trash scrunchy joggers

That’s the early pair fit.
Honestly, scrunch joggers have to be removed from earth. It’s insane these are still available and it’s funny that they always happen to be the fit pic of of early pics. These people have no drip whatsoever….

Back to the retro, some of the suede panels kinda reminds me of the the suede they used on all the black 4s retroed around 2012. Just straight fuzzy just soaking up all the light, you can’t even tell what you’re looking at. But something is off, it may really be the absence of that lighter/white trim on the edges of the suede.

I will probably be in still just on the red tab alone

If the whole upper was the shade of black that is seen on the straps, these would look a lot better in my opinion. Two tone upper is great for the shoes that need it (e.g. Charcoal 7s) but not so great for those that don't. Regardless though, if this is what we're getting even when official pairs surface online, I'm still in for 2. I'm a sucker for the OG 8 lineup and I intend to complete the set. Hopefully these are just early fakes though since we are still 5 months away from release. With how well done the 2015 Aqua 8s were I don't see why these wouldn't get the same treatment in terms of quality and how similar they are to their original counterpart.

Last edited:
If the whole upper was the shade of black that is seen on the straps, these would look a lot better in my opinion. Two tone upper is great for the shoes that need it (e.g. Charcoal 7s) but not so great for those that don't.

All of this... I had high hopes for these.

I have a crispy pair of 2013s that I accept for what they are, so unless these get heavily discounted I'm out.

OG 8's had such a unique shape, and chunkiness, that to me really helped make the shoe what it is. The back also curves, it's not straight up and down.
JB right on cue has not been able to really replicate certain details, and pics so far have not shown us any different (so far).

20230428_203456.jpg

souljaman22 souljaman22 your pics show this, great pair!

OG 8's had such a unique shape, and chunkiness, that to me really helped make the shoe what it is. The back also curves, it's not straight up and down.
JB right on cue has not been able to really replicate certain details, and pics so far have not shown us any different (so far).

20230428_203456.jpg

souljaman22 souljaman22 your pics show this, great pair!
A lot of the Jordan’s have been slimmed down….. I’m looking at you 12s!

Heck even the 9 look thinner

Yeah they were all durabuck…Nubuck is what Nike uses now…
Durabuck was smooth like leather, Nubuck was hairier like suede (in different lengths). They are both a synthetic.
No. the synthetic nike uses is not Nubuck.

No. Nubuck is a high quality, luxury leather. Has been and will always be. A quick google search will inform you of this fact…

Back
Top Bottom