Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

No. the synthetic nike uses is not Nubuck.

No. Nubuck is a high quality, luxury leather. Has been and will always be. A quick google search will inform you of this fact…

Whatever Nike uses on them they advertise it as Nubuck…Certainly not anything premium, obviously, but they do call it Nubuck…

Quick search off the Nike app just now shows some pairs Nike uses their “nubuck” on…
IMG_2519.jpeg
IMG_2518.jpeg
IMG_2517.jpeg

No. the synthetic nike uses is not Nubuck.

No. Nubuck is a high quality, luxury leather. Has been and will always be. A quick google search will inform you of this fact…

Whatever Nike uses on them they advertise it as Nubuck…Certainly not anything premium, obviously, but they do call it Nubuck…

Quick search off the Nike app just now shows some pairs Nike uses their “nubuck” on…
IMG_2519.jpeg
IMG_2518.jpeg
IMG_2517.jpeg

DING, DING, DING! Thanks for the Google advice though. I'll keep it in mind for the future.

DING, DING, DING! Thanks for the Google advice though. I'll keep it in mind for the future.
When others are speaking in generalities about materials and it’s not true, someone, who has the correct knowledge, might feel inclined to correct you. I was speaking specifically to what Nikes synthetic is and isn’t. And it isn’t Nubuck. Doesn’t mean nike doesn’t use Nubuck on any shoe. I never even said that.

Don’t know how my comment gets blown up and applied to EVERY nike shoe ever. Pretty ridiculous…

It was there, but it was more a "flaw" of production than anything. It was just the raw underside of the material showing because they didn't roll it or anything, and the material wasn't dyed all the way through. It still comes out with wear on the new ones, they're just dyed better now.

Yeah, thinner cuts of material, better dying technique, and cleaner cutting technique it seems like are all contributing to the lack of pop that the raw edges used to give on Durabuck/not-Durabuck panels.

Using that tumbled nubuck on the toe and midpanel is giving these a weird contrast. These have a Charcoal VII thing going on that I hope is just a mistake on these early fakes.

I'm holding out for official pictures, but if those 2023 leaks are accurate, I’m gonna just continue wearing my 2013 pair.

I feel like every OG retro colorway since 2019 has been an improvement over the previous iteration.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom