Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

Shock drop pair came in today and overall they look good but then I made the mistake of pulling out my Aqua’s to compare and I think I may return the Playoffs and hope/wait for them to go on sale. They just aren’t accurate enough to justify the full $210 retail price imo
1695329410651.jpeg
If you want to sell your playoffs for retail, I might be interested.

The children have spoken, just in case y’all wanna know what the hype is like for these on the 30th

BD742E43-AF13-450E-A69A-15937EFA7D45.jpeg

Thread is just kids saying these are ugly and they don’t want them. And oldheads yelling at them for not wanting this classic OGCW

They rather pay $260 for those J Balvins 3s because “collab” even tho they don’t even like 3s

2023 shoe game in a nutshell. Definitely waiting these out until I can get them for like $175-180

2015 aquas were definitely masterly-executed during that whole remastered phase. Such a beauty. I wish i had them in my true size
So you think I should do the 2015 aquas - worn a few times but definitely look VNDS...over the playoffs coming out? Do you think the aquas would start falling apart quicker since they're 8 years old vs the playoffs being a new sneaker and all?

The children have spoken, just in case y’all wanna know what the hype is like for these on the 30th

BD742E43-AF13-450E-A69A-15937EFA7D45.jpeg

Thread is just kids saying these are ugly and they don’t want them. And oldheads yelling at them for not wanting this classic OGCW

They rather pay $260 for those J Balvins 3s because “collab” even tho they don’t even like 3s

2023 shoe game in a nutshell. Definitely waiting these out until I can get them for like $175-180
J Balvins remind me of twinkle toes my daughters used to wear. All his collabs, not just the 3s and especially the 1s 🤣🤣

No, no hype. Good.

Does it have to be a hyped release for it to be a shoe worth buying?

Relax

When people gauging hype its usually for one (or both) of these reasons

1. Its interesting to see how the game has changed over the years in terms of tastes

2. You can strategize better in terms of getting your hands on the shoe on or holding off for a better deal in the future

Remind me of that Penny 2 thread last year when dudes was hype for those Social Status Penny 2s.

People kept warning "Wait, Pennys not poppin like that in 2022. No kids want these, they gon be on discount soon" Dudes wanted to argue and live in denial because Penny is part of their childhood. They paid $200 for those just for them to be 45% off a month later an have the people who waited scoopin them up for $115. Same dudes who paid full price still in there heated talking bout "No Discount, No Pennys. Only on Discount" now with the newer releases

Not waiting for a discount if I like the shoe enough. And give zero damns if it has hype or not. Buying as soon as I can. Gladly will pay full price knowing people will get them for much less later. And I certainly care less what the kids think is "in". Hell I dont care what the adults think is in either.

Shock drop pair came in today and overall they look good but then I made the mistake of pulling out my Aqua’s to compare and I think I may return the Playoffs and hope/wait for them to go on sale. They just aren’t accurate enough to justify the full $210 retail price imo
1695329410651.jpeg

you have profile pics of the aquas?

I haven’t seen em in a while

So you think I should do the 2015 aquas - worn a few times but definitely look VNDS...over the playoffs coming out? Do you think the aquas would start falling apart quicker since they're 8 years old vs the playoffs being a new sneaker and all?
Tough to decide. I think shoes from that time wouldnt have glue issues or paint cracking, but don’t take my word for it. It comes down to which colorway you prefer. Aquas are definitely my favorite of all the 8s

The "waiting for discount" strategy is also size specific. If you're an 11+ you don't have the luxury of waiting with most Jordan OG colorways so these could sit for months but by the time they're sale eligible, big sizes are gone

Yea man.. size 12 gang over here.. always taking L’s

Not waiting for a discount if I like the shoe enough. And give zero damns if it has hype or not. Buying as soon as I can. Gladly will pay full price knowing people will get them for much less later. And I certainly care less what the kids think is "in". Hell I dont care what the adults think is in either.

All of this!

GroundedDopeyAlpinegoat-small.gif

The "waiting for discount" strategy is also size specific. If you're an 11+ you don't have the luxury of waiting with most Jordan OG colorways so these could sit for months but by the time they're sale eligible, big sizes are gone

Yea man.. size 12 gang over here.. always taking L’s

Bruh big facts. I’m size 12 and if I don’t cop a release right away, the chances of getting it down the line are low as hell. Can’t even hope for discounts :lol:

Back
Top Bottom