Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

Just got my pair in and they look amazing in hand the colours really pop. Just sprayed them with the crepe protect and now they're good for the streets ready for rain, hail, sleet, snow. I wore my '07 pair to the ground the midsole is coming off so happy these released when they did. The colour is more blue on the 2023 and more indigo/purplish on the 07.
16963604625668743635151984060562.jpg
What's the best way to apply crepe without it running your shoes? Does it clean or is it just a protection?

These seem to be sitting firm at $260 right now. I know everyone that got them on SNKRS should be receiving their pair(s) today or tomorrow which means more pairs will be available in the aftermarket so hopefully resell dips a bit when that happens. If not I'll just bite the bullet. I refuse to move on from this release without a second pair. I intend to wear these thru whatever mother nature throws at us this winter in Michigan so a second pair would be ideal.
Already on the way down. I'd give it a little time. Unless you need to romp through a snowstorm ASAP.

It's Michigan, so that may be the case.

if you owned the OG's, then I get the NEED for the white outline. I never owned this model so it's not as big a deal for me. Only saw these on tv during the playoff games and didn't see the small details. Looks good either way but I would always prefer OG style if possible.

WHITE CUT LINES ADDED , i think it looks better and more like the OG , but to each their own. I believe peps older that 40 will agree.

I owned/still own the OG's and I do not care one bit. We used to take a sharpie to those white lines to make the shoes look "new" after we'd worn them for a while back in the day.

Already on the way down. I'd give it a little time. Unless you need to romp through a snowstorm ASAP.

It's Michigan, so that may be the case.
Bet. I don't need to worry about trekking through any snowstorms just yet, though if I lived in the upper peninsula that'd be a different story. Even if I were to somehow not have a second pair of these by the winter time I still have my first pair of '15 Aquas. These things have been with me through a lot since they released almost a decade ago. Hot summer days, freezing rain, snowstorms, sleet, slush and hail. You name it. The best part of it all is that if I actually bothered to scrub em down they'd be good as new outside of the years worth of creasing and undersole paint chipping. I'm hoping that this year's Playoffs are just as resilient when it comes to the materials on the upper but we'll see.
20231004_124550.jpg
20231004_124628.jpg

Bet. I don't need to worry about trekking through any snowstorms just yet, though if I lived in the upper peninsula that'd be a different story. Even if I were to somehow not have a second pair of these by the winter time I still have my first pair of '15 Aquas. These things have been with me through a lot since they released almost a decade ago. Hot summer days, freezing rain, snowstorms, sleet, slush and hail. You name it. The best part of it all is that if I actually bothered to scrub em down they'd be good as new outside of the years worth of creasing and undersole paint chipping. I'm hoping that this year's Playoffs are just as resilient when it comes to the materials on the upper but we'll see.
20231004_124550.jpg
20231004_124628.jpg
What’s some good solution that you use to clean the suede or nubuck ? 🤔 I need to clean my 2015s Also but I wanna use the right stuff.

What’s some good solution that you use to clean the suede or nubuck ? 🤔 I need to clean my 2015s Also but I wanna use the right stuff.
The faux durabuck that Nike used on the '15 Aqua 8s is very easy to clean. I'm talking warm water, a smidgen of dawn dish soap and an old toothbrush levels of easy. Just pat dry when done with a wash cloth and you're good. That's how I've cleaned my pair at least and as you can see, despite all I've put them through they're not half bad. The durabuck doesn't require much to keep it nice. As for the suede heel overlay I've never had to clean that spot specifically, at least not in recent memory, but I'd assume it's the same. To be on the safe side, because it's been a while, I'll give my pair a quick cleaning with some water and soap to see if they turn out how I remember, and if they do, then you can clean yours the same way if you want.

20231004_124550.jpg
20231004_124628.jpg
The 2015 Aquas were pretty awesome in terms of materials and quality. I also feel they were the most comfortable in terms of fit. They were neither too snug or too big in tts.

Reshoevinator and Crep both do the job. If I'm hitting suede/nubuck I'm just squirting some directly on the brush and getting the suede foamy, then wiping off with a microfiber immediately after.

Gave em a quick cleaning. Soft bristle brush, warm water and little dawn dish soap. They turned out fine as usual. I don't think you need to worry about stripping any oils from the material and drying it out since the nu-durabuck is entirely synthetic and dry by default. But if you want to be on the safer side, you can definitely use some reshoevn8tor if you'd like in order to help better preserve the material I guess. Also a microfiber cloth would be ideal to keep lint/cloth strands from getting all over when you're drying them.
20231004_151119.jpg

As my man's above said, reshoeve8tor works perfectly.

Edit: their spray on shoe protector works good too if you're into that kinda stuff trappedintime trappedintime
All of my new shoes get hit with Angelus mink oil spray to soften the leather and/or add vibrancy and softness to suede/nubuck. Then a coat of crep protect before I wear them outside the house.

Once they’ve collected some dirt I’ll do the reshoevn8r or crep wash and do the process again but having the mink oil and crep layers does a lot to minimize dirt and stains.

Pro tip if you wanna get those soles looking fresh: pick up a steam cleaner on Amazon for 30-40 bucks and after you’ve got the soles sudded, scrub with the brush as you steam clean. I’ve got shoes I’ve worn 50-75 times that would pass for brand new if you didn’t know better.

All of my new shoes get hit with Angelus mink oil spray to soften the leather and/or add vibrancy and softness to suede/nubuck. Then a coat of crep protect before I wear them outside the house.

Once they’ve collected some dirt I’ll do the reshoevn8r or crep wash and do the process again but having the mink oil and crep layers does a lot to minimize dirt and stains.

Pro tip if you wanna get those soles looking fresh: pick up a steam cleaner on Amazon for 30-40 bucks and after you’ve got the soles sudded, scrub with the brush as you steam clean. I’ve got shoes I’ve worn 50-75 times that would pass for brand new if you didn’t know better.
Bookmarked... thanks for the free game brother

Back
Top Bottom