Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

s-l1600 (27).jpg
s-l1600 (28).jpg
s-l1600 (29).jpg

A few pics from an ebay seller. Excited as hell for these.

I really HATE the material they used for most of the upper. It's that's ashy, instant scuff mark **** I wish they'd stop using ALL together. They could've EASILY used the same material that was used on the 2015 Aqua release. But JB is gon JB...

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:
They still can't get the shape right bro.. WTF..

^^ I love the 2015 aquas as well and also feel like these playoffs are essentially on par with those.

However… 2003 8s were a different beast. Nearly identical to 1993! I would murder for 03 shape and material and overall beef cake build quality​

They did fly.. because the shape didn't deviate from the 2003 retros and material was good. Also.. at that time, Kanye was wearing the 8's along with the 3's alot.

I've been saying this for the LONGEST, on Instagram. This retro would've been 95% on point of were the 2007 release, with red pull tabs, and black midsole paint. The 8's have been f'd up has a whole since 2007.

Anyway, here some pics of an PRISTINE, IMMACULATE OG pair on eBay....

8)

Air Jordan 8 #04.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #03.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #02.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #01.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #11.jpg
Air Jordan 8 #10.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #09.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #08.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #07.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #06.jpg

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:
:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:
:smokin

I'm still coppin' the 2023's, but looking at the OG's, the 23's look like fakes in comparsion.

:emoji_100:

I really HATE the material they used for most of the upper. It's that's ashy, instant scuff mark **** I wish they'd stop using ALL together. They could've EASILY used the same material that was used on the 2015 Aqua release. But JB is gon JB...

I've been saying this for the LONGEST, on Instagram. This retro would've been 95% on point of were the 2007 release, with red pull tabs, and black midsole paint. The 8's have been f'd up has a whole since 2007.

8)

Air Jordan 8 #04.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #03.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #02.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #01.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #11.jpg
Air Jordan 8 #10.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #09.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #08.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #07.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #06.jpg

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:
:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

I'm still coppin' the 2023's, but looking at the OG's, the 23's look like fakes in comparsion.

What size are those… if it’s a 10… I think I want them.

I can't wait for these 8s so much! I didn't get the 2015 Aquas... and while I definitely will next time I do think these Playoffs actually look nicer in terms of craftsmanship. These will be my first OG VIII. My second favorite release of the year right after the White Cement III. :smokin

I think these 8s look fantastic maybe I'd change the height of the pull tab. Reading a lot of comments in here upset about the two tone upper but that's the point it's supposed to look like that. The playoff 7s have the same deal going on so did the metallic 5s and infrared 6s if the shoe was all black they used different materials of said black to break up the silhouette give it depth.

I think these 8s look fantastic maybe I'd change the height of the pull tab. Reading a lot of comments in here upset about the two tone upper but that's the point it's supposed to look like that. The playoff 7s have the same deal going on so did the metallic 5s and infrared 6s if the shoe was all black they used different materials of said black to break up the silhouette give it depth.

The two tone upper isn’t even bothering me at all even though it’s not an OG feature 🤷‍♂️…They clearly wanted to try for the faux cracked look the OG’s had but didn’t quite stick the landing…

My one minor complaint with these is that the pull tab / tongue isn’t quite tall enough…That’s totally me just being nitpicky though…These little ok damn good to me…

Last edited:
Reading a lot of comments in here upset about the two tone upper but that's the point it's supposed to look like that. The playoff 7s have the same deal going on so did the metallic 5s and infrared 6s if the shoe was all black they used different materials of said black to break up the silhouette give it depth.

Nah bro, the OG 8s definitely did not look like what we're getting. There were two separate materials but the contrast wasn't that obvious, like you had to be up close to even notice it. This retro looks like someone overdyed the strap and side panels and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

This retro looks clean, but they look super fake... love the sleek shape and who doesnt love the "new new", but these ain't it as a retro... I'm getting infrared 8 vibes with playoff overtones

And if we talking about how they supposed to look, wheres the white lines/exposed nubuck aesthetic?

With all that said, if they hit deep disco I'll cop a pair to beat.

8)

Air Jordan 8 #04.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #03.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #02.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #01.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #11.jpg
Air Jordan 8 #10.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #09.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #08.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #07.jpg

Air Jordan 8 #06.jpg

Fire.

These new joints don't pop the way the OG's do. That shiny dark grey sole is one of the best things about the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom