Air Jordan XI *COOL GREY* *12/23/10 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!!

Originally Posted by LUMINESCENT

Originally Posted by AnJ55

If my shoes are at customs in LA as of yesterday and I live in NYC, 1. Is this a normal thing? And 2. When should I expect my shoes?
Customs aren't anything special. There's a very, very low chance of anything actually getting held up. You should get your shoes in a few days at most, but again, it depends on the kind of mail the sender is using.
Yeah sometimes it takes a few days when you check tracking it should say outbound of customs and then usually the next day after saying that you should get them

Mines came today.. just had enough time to snap a few pictures.. the shoe smell is extremely strong.. it took over the whole scent of my car.. btw.. I got mines from Sneakerape.com

Can anyone please tell me if these fit like the 09 Space Jams? The 09 SJs hurt my toes cause it was too cramped. My DMPs fit way better.

only flaw i can find is that the plce where the jumpman is at on the right pair is kinda creased up already. othr than that. i like em.. not worth camping out for tho..

Finally got the shoes this morning.  Paid on 9/22/10, and its 10/19/10 today(though it had been at the post office on the 18), so about a month of waiting.  When i open up and check the shoes, i wasn't really thoroughly disappointed, but wasnt all that excited either.
The shape of these cool grey is similar to the 2009 SJ.  The 09 SJ killed my pinky toe when i tried to ball in it, and the CF plate cracked after like 4 times of wear, so i am guessing these CG will at least kill my pinky toe.  The pattern on the CF plate is different too.  Instead of circle, they are squares now, i thought it was odd.  Sole is really blue, hopefully it fights yellowing better.  Its too bad i dont have a 01 pair of CG to compare to these 2010 CG.  Though i do have 01 SJ, columbia and concord, and they all are more comfortable(some even size 11.5 only, i am a size 12).  Dont like the material used on the tongue either, creases easily....

Honestly though, I am going to give Jay the benefit of the doubt and say that it was the holidays in China at the time of order that cause the delay in shipping.  I have had stuff shipped from China before with EMS, and usually it is a lot faster.  The CG that came in were indeed shipped EMS express.  I will buy stuff again from Jay.

glad your finally came in Eddo mine should be here tomorrow.  Seems like we are all getting our shoes around the same time so im guessing there was some kind of hold up with the mail

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

So why do some pairs look like crap, while others look good??

The inconsistency is ridiculous.
yea but the bothersome part is how inconsistent the sole color seems to be. some pairs r really blue.

i think early production run is always like that....no? Hence why most ppl call these b-grades, cause there isnt any consistency.

Originally Posted by bigj505

yea but the bothersome part is how inconsistent the sole color seems to be. some pairs r really blue.

Seriously, what the hell is up with that?    I mean the blue tint won't last long, some Space Jams had a similar tint but more watered down.

Originally Posted by eddo1005

i think early production run is always like that....no? Hence why most ppl call these b-grades, cause there isnt any consistency.

I guess you take your chances when you buy early, but you seriously lucked out, your pair came out very nice. 

The patent cut is almost perfect.

Originally Posted by Fifteen

glad your finally came in Eddo mine should be here tomorrow.  Seems like we are all getting our shoes around the same time so im guessing there was some kind of hold up with the mail

yea, the long wait sucked, but at least the shoe came.  I guess its pretty clear that Jay is legit, but ships a lil slower than others.
smile.gif

Just did a full review of the shoes on my blog. Now i'm going to wear them for a week and see how it holds up. Pictures will follow.

Mikkol88 definitely let us know how it feels on the feet and if it's true to size or half a size up. Also does it feel like cardboard on the bottom like the CDP and SJ as well or it has some cushion in it?

got mine in the mail from jay
today...

only complaint I have thus far is the box was slightly damaged.  Also the Translucent box top was turned inside out and the flaps bent in the wrong direction - no real biggie tho. 

They also seem to have a little extra glue covering about half of the carbon fiber on one pair but I guess more glue is better than less...

pic to come later...

today...

only complaint I have thus far is the box was slightly damaged.  Also the Translucent box top was turned inside out and the flaps bent in the wrong direction - no real biggie tho. 

They also seem to have a little extra glue covering about half of the carbon fiber on one pair but I guess more glue is better than less...

pic to come later...
My box top was inside out too.. and before I noticed it.. I thought I recieved a fake box... lmao!! I was about to sock the closest person next to me.
laugh.gif
fake boxes usually lead to fake shoes

today...

pic to come later...

pwo

Sneakerape is 100% legit? They seem to have many sizes in many popular shoes which have limited availability on most sites (true blues, XI's, etc).

Originally Posted by jayt206

Sneakerape is 100% legit? They seem to have many sizes in many popular shoes which have limited availability on most sites (true blues, XI's, etc).

Man, I don't even know to say yes or no. I know somebody that received their Cool Grey XI's from SneakerApe.com, but I also know somebody that ordered the Flint XIII's from there and he never received his shoes. They kept telling him that they'll give him a tracking number so many times and when they finally did, it didn't even work. A month passed and he never got his shoes, but his bank gave him his money back. He made a YouTube video about it; PM me if you want the link. I would post it on here, but he cusses and I'm not trying to get banned.
laugh.gif

I'm also the winner of their 2010 Flint XIII's giveaway that they held on Twitter. SneakGeekz helped them out and chose my name live on Ustream on October 4th. I still HAVE NOT received the shoes. He told me that I'll have them within two weeks and it's been about two weeks and a half now. He told me that he'll give me a tracking number within 48 hours twice and I never received anything. I finally got a tracking number this past Sunday, 10/17/10, and it's supposedly coming from China. The tracking number works, but it hasn't updated for two days now.

If I were you, I wouldn't take the risk. SMH @ SneakerApe.com

people's cameras have alot to do with things... everyone isnt taking pics in the same light with the same resolution.

I went to Downtown Brooklyn they got a spot called Sneaker Spot on Fulton street got them Jordan 11 Cool greys for  $350
pimp.gif

Detailed Results:

Bullet OUT FOR DELIVERY, October 20, 2010, 8:59 am, ALAMEDA, CA 94501
Bullet Sorting Complete, October 20, 2010, 8:29 am, ALAMEDA, CA 94501
Bullet Arrival at Post Office, October 20, 2010, 6:14 am, ALAMEDA, CA 94501
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, October 20, 2010, 2:41 am, OAKLAND, CA 94615
Bullet Inbound Out of Customs, October 19, 2010, 7:16 pm
Bullet Inbound Into Customs
Bullet Inbound International Arrival, October 16, 2010, 7:34 pm, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
Bullet Foreign International Dispatch, October 15, 2010, 12:39 am, GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA PEOPLES REP
Bullet Foreign Acceptance, October 14, 2010, 3:30 pm

I hope whoever lives in alameda enjoys my cool greys
laugh.gif

ps- i live in new york. thanks jay.

Bought mine from Air Randy on Saturday $254.  Don't think that's a bad price for a couple months early.  I got the Flints from him a month ago for $184..about $10 over retail plus tax. They were in good shape so I'm hopin my greys'll be good too.

Back
Top Bottom